P1000 Cables, Cables and Cables

MSPioneer1000

MSPioneer1000

May 31, 2019
Richland, Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can anyone tell me how to run the cables for a soundbar, pods for the bed and a switched backup light on a 2018 P3 base model. I'd rather not ty-wrap the cables to the roll cage bars. Is there any way to run them under the bike and they not be exposed to damage?

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
H

HondaTech

We use this stuff:

expandable wire sleeve - Google Search

I routinely run wiring down under the seat along the main harness and up into behind the dash. This keeps the wiring inside the unit and away from rubbing on exterior debris. The backup light wiring can be run along the harness that goes to the brake lights and follow the main race it gets back under the seat.

MSPioneer1000

MSPioneer1000

May 31, 2019
Richland, Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just split loop the wires. Some guys drill the cage and run them inside but I just put them in this and zip tied them down the center then under the floorboards to the front.

100 Feet 1/4" Split Loom - Tubing Wire Conduit Hose Cover Auto Home Marine Black 100 Feet 1/4" Split Loom - Tubing Wire Conduit Hose Cover Auto Home Marine Black: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We use this stuff:

I routinely run wiring down under the seat along the main harness and up into behind the dash. This keeps the wiring inside the unit and away from rubbing on exterior debris. The backup light wiring can be run along the harness that goes to the brake lights and follow the main race it gets back under the seat.

So you can get from the back to the front without going under the bike where the wire would be exposed. I'm new at this but I know how easy wires can get "scuffed" up if not protected. And it's a cleaner look if you don't see them. I'll also get some of that sleeving material.

Thanks for the info!

H

HondaTech

So you can get from the back to the front without going under the bike where the wire would be exposed. I'm new at this but I know how easy wires can get "scuffed" up if not protected. And it's a cleaner look if you don't see them. I'll also get some of that sleeving material.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah the main harness runs down the right side of the firewall and across the seat rail and then down the left side of the machine. This is where Honda runs the factory accessory heater wiring.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We use this stuff:

Sleeve is GREAT, I wish I had discovered it much earlier but I am not re-wiring everything now.

These are great if you want to protect a line or wire from having its tie point ripped off. I am using them on my brake lines and for wire. It does require welding on but its more of a tack weld than anything. If you are welding to the frame or ROPS semi flat black paint is the best if you have scratches and not a brand new shiny machine, blends very well.

Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!