P1000m5 Cage chop

B

braap46

Feb 15, 2018
middletown, ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone selling a ready to install chopped, modified or costume cage? Im going to probably chop it myself but was hoping for another option so if i sell it down the road i can put it back to stock. Im looking at all options. Currently I have to let all the air out of all 4 tires to get it in the toy hauler. Not the worst thing in the world, i also think it will look way better and get under some of the trees on the trail. Any help is appreciated. Detailed plans, contacts or phone numbers would be great. Im in between Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio Thanks

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone selling a ready to install chopped, modified or costume cage? Im going to probably chop it myself but was hoping for another option so if i sell it down the road i can put it back to stock. Im looking at all options. Currently I have to let all the air out of all 4 tires to get it in the toy hauler. Not the worst thing in the world, i also think it will look way better and get under some of the trees on the trail. Any help is appreciated. Detailed plans, contacts or phone numbers would be great. Im in between Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio Thanks
Have you looked at modify your toyhauler? I got 6in when I changed the bunk bed mount and moved the limit switch on my 5th wheel Fuzion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

B

braap46

Feb 15, 2018
middletown, ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really a option with this setup. I love the toy hauler it is just a fraction to low.

Attachments

• 20181118_114059.jpg
    20181118_114059.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: JGarner and CID
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really a option with this setup. I love the toy hauler it is just a fraction to low.
Nice setup. I like those outlaws. Have you tried just removing the roof and moving it slightly back. That will also gain you a little. I do like the chop cage look. I have been thinking about doing it to mine. Just worry about adult rear passenger getting in and out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Delton Does some pretty cool fab work, maybe he can help out, also I think there is a thread here called "chop club" I think? Something to look into. Anyways, good luck and post some pics📸👍

Reactions: Mudwing
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered replacing the roof with a fabric or other Lexan type. That’s a good 2” right there.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Delton Does some pretty cool fab work, maybe he can help out, also I think there is a thread here called "chop club" I think? Something to look into. Anyways, good luck and post some pics📸👍
I'm a good ways from that area of Ohio (7 or 8hrs?) Anyways I have no idea when i could squeeze in another cage build before riding weather. A shorter roof is a great idea for now. I use 1/8" aluminum and it sits nice and low.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Too bad you're so far away.... There is a guy locally doing them for $500. A buddy of mine has a 1000-5 and just had it done and he's thrilled with it. I haven't seen it yet, but I know he's happy and I know the guy that did the chop and I know he does good work. He even modified his flip up windshield so it still works good.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too bad you're so far away.... There is a guy locally doing them for $500. A buddy of mine has a 1000-5 and just had it done and he's thrilled with it. I haven't seen it yet, but I know he's happy and I know the guy that did the chop and I know he does good work. He even modified his flip up windshield so it still works good.
I've never chopped one. I just build cage.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!