Can't deal with the steam

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks, now all I can see is the mustache. Too funny.
I don't like the stock bumper either. I added bezel guards and grill guard. Don't have a finished picture, waiting on the expanded metal for grill guard. Not sure if it looks better or worse, but at least it provides more protection. And I had fun playing with the tube bender. 8f10a819bc54531251118298636567d3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1d6e0767d4ab0bdc68f8a52b15ccf25295420515d5ac3540ad501c05c6626d0e

Still have to round it off. Don't know if it looks any better but at least its different. No going back now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Corona1
Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1d6e0767d4ab0bdc68f8a52b15ccf25295420515d5ac3540ad501c05c6626d0e

Still have to round it off. Don't know if it looks any better but at least its different. No going back now.

The mustache is gone!!
I'm gonna have to look at that a few times before I know if I like it or not. Definitely better than the stache.
Has kind of a alien spider mouth thing going.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The mustache is gone!!
I'm gonna have to look at that a few times before I know if I like it or not. Definitely better than the stache.
Has kind of a alien spider mouth thing going.

I'm in the same boat. It's different for sure, wether I like it or not.

Truthfully, I've never been one to go with looks over functionality so part of me said it's stupid, but I do think I like the look better than with the stache

Reactions: Corona1
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Always wanted one myself, Just get the real deal.

Did you see the YouTube kid that was building one? He stopped working on it but damn he made some progress. Maybe I'll try my hand at it one of these years. Cheap trucks are a dime a dozen.

All I need is a Toyota that got in a fender bender....

Reactions: CumminsPusher
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is an 8000 pound winch gonna be too much draw for this rig?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is an 8000 pound winch gonna be too much draw for this rig?

If you have two Optima yellow tops maybe not but you'd have to wait a while between winching for them to fill back up.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If you have two Optima yellow tops maybe not but you'd have to wait a while between winching for them to fill back up.
I'm never gonna get to use this stupid winch.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've had more problems than 90% of people on this forum, my rig has been in the shop for over 5 months of the 10 months I've owned it. I have under 400 miles and I missed almost the whole summer with my machine in the shop. I'm sure I've b****ed a few times. I wonder why. But don't paint me as one of these clowns that just bad mouths Honda. I've been fair, and I've changed my tune over the last few months since I finally got my rig back. Hard to feel good about a 20k toy that you don't even have at your house.

I think it's fair I get to ask what people are doing for the steam problem. The steam is a problem that is recognized by many members of this forum, and if there is a solution it would be nice to know. I offered up several ideas that I haven't heard many people talk about. I thought about buying pipe insulation and riveting it to the back of the seat so when you close the bed it punches and seals. Boom, nobody else brought that up.

If you don't like it, feel free to move along. There's lots of other threads for you to read.

Also nothing about this post was b****ing. It was constructive and I was trying to bring something to the table. The forum has slowed since winter, and we are all waiting on Cumminspusher to get his Fox shocks on. Figured I'd post something to bide the time. The only negative comment in this thread was yours.

I took a video with my action cam ripping through a foot of snow and I was just uploading to google. I was actually excited to get out and use my machine that has been sitting in the shop. This was the first time I've drove it in 2 months. Ive spent the last week installing lights and doing wiring. If I didn't like the machine I wouldn't be doing that.

I feel like the majority of my posts are positive. Maybe out of all my posts I've made 15 negative ones. Besides for that, only thing I b**** about is my front doors. there's nothing else I can do other than try and steer people to a different product or diy. Everything else is sarcasm and humor.

Your comment is a pretty big bummer dude. Don't paint me like that.

Very well said

Reactions: Boomboom907
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
https://goo.gl/photos/4tHMT1UijzDJ27X88

Not related to steam. Just a quick video of me going through snow deeper than my tires.

I need to get a phone mount so I can video from my phone as well. I have unlimited original quality storage with Google, may as well use it. 4k with image stabilization is pretty cool.

I'll post a sauna video in a day or two. My buddy is back from the slope now, so we are gonna go riding soon.

I'm gonna pinch a noodle between the bed and see how that does as well.

Lol "I just found me a bucket!"

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!