Can't deal with the steam

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
019dfc5bf0438e32b6eb806464de761a
I don't know if you can see it, but we have to cross the river to get here. Sometimes it's over 6 feet deep.

Sometimes we just stay at the cabin and drink beer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Bought a Chevy 3/4 when I was 18. Ran great but suspension Sucked. Had plans on building a buggy out of it. Bought 1 ton axles. Sold it. Never gonna be smooth.
1a92e8d1e212d007f04e0e73f1c6e42c Bought a sandrail when I turned 19. Suspension is great but motor Sucked. Bought my ranger about a month after I turned twenty. Beat the crap out of that and decided I wanted something smaller. Sold ranger and literally same day went over to Honda and bought the pioneer for 20k

Had a rocky start but I'm pretty pleased with it right now. Gonna pick up a Polaris 6x6 this fall for hunting the swamp and running up kings river.

It's funny. When I first bought the Honda we couldn't believe how smooth of a ride it was. I mean compared to the Viking or ranger this was crazy. You could hit whoops and ruts going 25 miles an hour and wouldn't sink your teeth through the dash.

Now everyone wants to ditch that in place of Fox.

It's hard for me to imagine smoother suspension. I'm excited to hear more about the Fox shocks.

Still have the sandrail. That's gonna be my summer project. Needs back brake lines, new clutch, and an exhaust welded up.

Might do some suspension mods on the front. Did it on the back. About 18 inches of travel. Ghetto but effective.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haha 23 and full of ambition....Im jealous....Especially of your riding area.It looks sweet...Well young buck good luck with that pioneer.

Reactions: Plumber32 and JTW
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Haha 23 and full of ambition....Im jealous....Especially of your riding area.It looks sweet...Well young buck good luck with that pioneer.
The pioneer is the one that needs luck. Not me.

I'm not a nice owner.

Reactions: swsebek and JTW
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last week I installed 2 4" blowers under the seat. Surfing deer season I had the wife come ride with me to one of my stands and she commented how hot the seat was. Today was really the first time we went riding. I kept the fans off until she asked me about the fans. She said it was getting hot so she turned them on and she said immediately she noticed a difference. She never mentioned anything about the heat again, and never had any steam come up. I only have the blowers installed for the heat situation. No kind of heat shield or insulation under the seat.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Last week I installed 2 4" blowers under the seat. Surfing deer season I had the wife come ride with me to one of my stands and she commented how hot the seat was. Today was really the first time we went riding. I kept the fans off until she asked me about the fans. She said it was getting hot so she turned them on and she said immediately she noticed a difference. She never mentioned anything about the heat again, and never had any steam come up. I only have the blowers installed for the heat situation. No kind of heat shield or insulation under the seat.
Good to hear. Im planning on doing fans soon

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
J

JTW

You have one fan? I saw on tis site somewhere, a guy snorkeled the air box right off the air box and routed it up the top. Been thinking about doing this and using existing air duct for ducting, mounting the fan under the front hood connecting it to the existing duct work
I just have one under the seat.. it cools it way down under there even without ducting

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!