Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The damn Honda peddle is just too big!! I'm always stepping on it when I'm turning or taking a shower or eating dinner!
No im pretty certain he bought a defender. I cruise a couple other forums when im bored and theres a crow on there just got a canam im sure its him.his break lines were fubar from the factory and a couple other things. Lol

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hang on a second....

Did you buy your rig from Crow_Hunter???

Tumblr nk6lp22lJU1re3x32o1 500

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No im pretty certain he bought a defender. I cruise a couple other forums when im bored and theres a crow on there just got a canam im sure its him.his break lines were fubar from the factory and a couple other things. Lol
I've had a bad line from factory on my Polaris. really sucky feeling knowing someone else definitely f***ed up, buy ultimately it was your responsibility to check it before you went out.

200 dollars later... I check all my brake lines. Good job Honda.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
9c81456a8ffea003d220501510666a894c01e2ce50dc39fe788a3302f6c15feaBcaf812914c63cbc1db5b3e0111aa65a

Took some inspiration from somewhere, I don't really remember where, and made a mocked up bumper. It's all bolt on and I can take it off and there will only be 4, 1/2 inch holes in the bumper.

I need to rework the structural side of things behind the bumper, right now it's basically held on by 1/8 or thinner plate. I need some washers and stuff to shim things and pad them. I want to get some quarter or something closer to that, and really tie the stuff in together.

It's all on hard, and I could hook up to it and get dragged out of the snow, but I wouldn't trust getting jerked out of a deep mud hole. It's just not strong enough.

The winch is a come along style. Im hoping it will behave similar to a tiger tail. I'm gonna hook up rope to that for jerking, and I'll get a winch for winching when I get some cash.

Took way longer than I expected.....

5719ba84e9ad8313feeb7fe60c6a17d77fa4cc95c0ea747752550d3d43e8e59e

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
9c81456a8ffea003d220501510666a894c01e2ce50dc39fe788a3302f6c15feaBcaf812914c63cbc1db5b3e0111aa65a

Took some inspiration from somewhere, I don't really remember where, and made a mocked up bumper. It's all bolt on and I can take it off and there will only be 4, 1/2 inch holes in the bumper.

I need to rework the structural side of things behind the bumper, right now it's basically held on by 1/8 or thinner plate. I need some washers and stuff to shim things and pad them. I want to get some quarter or something closer to that, and really tie the stuff in together.

It's all on hard, and I could hook up to it and get dragged out of the snow, but I wouldn't trust getting jerked out of a deep mud hole. It's just not strong enough.

The winch is a come along style. Im hoping it will behave similar to a tiger tail. I'm gonna hook up rope to that for jerking, and I'll get a winch for winching when I get some cash.

Took way longer than I expected.....

5719ba84e9ad8313feeb7fe60c6a17d77fa4cc95c0ea747752550d3d43e8e59e
Good to see you back on it

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Good to see you back on it
The hooks cost more than the winch did. Have a minor mod to do. Just gonna put one of those locking pins over the lock on the winch, that way I don't lose my rope driving down the trail.

Pull the pin, grab the rope, hook it up, and reinstall pin.

Pull the pin, wind the spool, insert pin.

No more knotted rope. No tangles. No digging it out. Hope it works. Maybe I'll pull against a tree or something tomorrow.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Boom I have followed this thread and It's just my opinion but the steam could be stopped with a mid panel. You have doors and a full shield.Its causing a vacuum effect. The 700s do the same thing.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Boom I have followed this thread and It's just my opinion but the steam could be stopped with a mid panel. You have doors and a full shield.Its causing a vacuum effect. The 700s do the same thing.
Sucky thing is I was never told it was required to have a mid panel when I bought it. I don't have the mid panel, or the 150 for it.

There's too much talk that the Honda signature series pieces are not compatible. If you needed the mid panel for the windshield to work they should have sold me a full cab system..

I'm making this work.

And I'm not buying anymore soft flappy stuff again in my life. I just don't like it. If I do get the mid panel, it's gonna a be the 500 dollar one. and more realistically, before I spend 500 dollars, I'll be making my own.

Truthfully I'd rather have a mid panel and keep my back Panel rolled up. It's a pain in the but to unzip and roll up Everytime I want to get at something in the back. It would be nice to keep it rolled up until it's snowing or raining and the. You can unroll it to keep your stuff dry.

As for the vacuum effect I had talked briefly a long time ago about ducting a bilge blower to suck outside air and push it into the cab through a air filter. Basically making a positive pressure in the cab( or at least less vacuum), with dust free air, and providing some circulation on those hot days. I just don't know where I can pull air from. we will see if I do it or not.

If you looked at my pics of my heater idea, all I would have to do is duct my plenum intake to the driver side and drill a hole in the seat panel next to the door. It would pull air from outside, through a filter, push it through a heater core and pump it inside. I could twist a knob and shut the heater core off and just blow cool air into the cab.

Only problem is I cross deep rivers. If I put the duct inside of the cab, it might keep my stuff from drowning. But I guess all that could drown is a radiator fan ( should be waterproof) and a filter. Might be worth dealing with for some fresh air.

J

JTW

Sucky thing is I was never told it was required to have a mid panel when I bought it. I don't have the mid panel, or the 150 for it.

There's too much talk that the Honda signature series pieces are not compatible. If you needed the mid panel for the windshield to work they should have sold me a full cab system..

I'm making this work.

And I'm not buying anymore soft flappy stuff again in my life. I just don't like it. If I do get the mid panel, it's gonna a be the 500 dollar one. and more realistically, before I spend 500 dollars, I'll be making my own.

Truthfully I'd rather have a mid panel and keep my back Panel rolled up. It's a pain in the but to unzip and roll up Everytime I want to get at something in the back. It would be nice to keep it rolled up until it's snowing or raining and the. You can unroll it to keep your stuff dry.

As for the vacuum effect I had talked briefly a long time ago about ducting a bilge blower to suck outside air and push it into the cab through a air filter. Basically making a positive pressure in the cab( or at least less vacuum), with dust free air, and providing some circulation on those hot days. I just don't know where I can pull air from. we will see if I do it or not.

If you looked at my pics of my heater idea, all I would have to do is duct my plenum intake to the driver side and drill a hole in the seat panel next to the door. It would pull air from outside, through a filter, push it through a heater core and pump it inside. I could twist a knob and shut the heater core off and just blow cool air into the cab.

Only problem is I cross deep rivers. If I put the duct inside of the cab, it might keep my stuff from drowning. But I guess all that could drown is a radiator fan ( should be waterproof) and a filter. Might be worth dealing with for some fresh air.

Boom boom... how old are you?

Reactions: swsebek
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Went for a ride. The engine cover is important. That is stopping almost all the steam on its own.

There still is some steam though, and the noodle slows it down a LOT. I put my hand over the noodle and mostly the heat comes from the rails on the bed. There's like a 2 inch hole. I pulled the noodle out and a bunch of hot air rolled into the cab.

So I think pairing this with the bilge blower will keep the steam under the rig long enough for the fan to blow it away. Very happy.

Also got some rope on the front of my rig. Need some kind of winder. Takes too long by hand.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I'm making this work.

A bilge blower is going to be like pissing on a forest fire trying to offset the low pressure area behind the windscreen.

Best is to block it with a panel.

No matter how well you try to seal a cab up, dust is getting in. It's annoying but unless you make a cab that seals perfectly theres gonna be dust. My favorite time to ride was in the rain, I had a full cab on my 700.

Ccfe949d2061765d8d51bac1cb1d01e9

I wanted to be able to remove the Windshield and panel in the summer. So I got the soft mid panel this time instead of hard. It has huge gaps but keeps a LOT of dust and crap off of you.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A bilge blower is going to be like pissing on a forest fire trying to offset the low pressure area behind the windscreen.

Best is to block it with a panel.

No matter how well you try to seal a cab up, dust is getting in. It's annoying but unless you make a cab that seals perfectly theres gonna be dust. My favorite time to ride was in the rain, I had a full cab on my 700.

Ccfe949d2061765d8d51bac1cb1d01e9

I wanted to be able to remove the Windshield and panel in the summer. So I got the soft mid panel this time instead of hard. It has huge gaps but keeps a LOT of dust and crap off of you.
Well. I say bilge blower but I'm talking about a radiator fan. If you saw my heater parts list it's there. It's a 1500 cfm fan. I would bet that cab has like 30 cubic feet of air.

The bilge blowers everyone else is using is like 140 cfm. Regardless, it's all theoretical. I'll let you know when it's actual.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!