P1000 Catastrophic failure

PCB67SS

PCB67SS

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2015
Panama City Beach
Great news CP.....been watching this closely.
Hopefully you and your family will be back out enjoying the outdoors in short order.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey @sharp guess what...I'm probably going to be white finally! Cross your fingers. And @Eltobgi this was what I wasn't going to jinx. Getting closer to the trails everyone been working my ass off to hear the sweet sweet sound of gear clicks!:) again thank you everyone for the support with out you I may not have made the final push. Attitude is everything! STILL HONDA!

Last edited:
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 16643 Hey @sharp guess what...I'm probably going to be white finally! Cross your fingers. And @Eltobgi this was what I wasn't going to jinx. Getting closer to the trails everyone been working my ass off to hear the sweet sweet sound of gear clicks!:) again thank you everyone for the support with out you I may not have made the final push. Attitude is everything! STILL HONDA!
Awesome! I know you wanted the white anyway. Everything happens for a reason. I'm just curious but how much beer does it take to put on all your accessories?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is close.
sucks to start over! This will make 3 in a year might be a slower build! Have to quick sell whatever I can I lost a bit on the deal however it's not with a rebuilt motor and as soon as we can figure finances were back on the trail! It's a good day. Very close now

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Oh my god everyone thank you so much! You all kept me calm and preceded to give encouragement when I needed it the most. I owe this group!!!! Thanks everyone!!! Thank you thank you thank you. I can't say enough for this forum! Thank you everyone!

You didnt sound F'ing calm.

LOL - just kidding - you took it like a man and kept your chin up (mostly).

Great news ! #Sigh-of-relief#

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 16643 Hey @sharp guess what...I'm probably going to be white finally! Cross your fingers. And [
View attachment 16643 Hey @sharp guess what...I'm probably going to be white finally! Cross your fingers. And @Eltobgi this was what I wasn't going to jinx. Getting closer to the trails everyone been working my ass off to hear the sweet sweet sound of gear clicks!:) again thank you everyone for the support with out you I may not have made the final push. Attitude is everything! STILL HONDA!
she is beautiful! It would almost be a shame to Install the graphics kit over it:). Take it for a test ride real quick and have someone video you riding a wheelie;). I'm sure the dealer would love that! Lol

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ITS COVERED ITS COVERED ITS COVERED!!! Insurance came through! :):):)
Glad to hear this.. grandpa always said everything comes full circle.. just goes to show ya good deeds aren't in vain.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is close. View attachment 16644 sucks to start over! This will make 3 in a year might be a slower build! Have to quick sell whatever I can I lost a bit on the deal however it's not with a rebuilt motor and as soon as we can figure finances were back on the trail! It's a good day. Very close now
Haha that's great!

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As you get older memory is a funny thing. I remember somethings verbatim and other things I forget completely. Like I remember being the most well-liked fellow on this forum and everybody can't wait for me to post, yet I can't remember the day I was voted " most liked Hondasxs forum participator"
OMG! :D Lol!:D This cracked me up!:)

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome man! And white to boot! Wahoooo!!!! :D:D

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Now get that rig in shape I'm going to drive out and ride with you. Yolo!
Done and done! You said you may so I'm holding you to that

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You didnt sound F'ing calm.

LOL - just kidding - you took it like a man and kept your chin up (mostly).

Great news ! #Sigh-of-relief#
Sorry I sometimes say whatever's on my mind sometimes too much. 1000 pounds is off my shoulders still a little work ahead to get back to ok but it is within reach now. My wife's bday is next weekend so we are trying for that. Doing all we can and this will have to be her present but she's more excited then me if you can believe that

Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
she is beautiful! It would almost be a shame to Install the graphics kit over it:). Take it for a test ride real quick and have someone video you riding a wheelie;). I'm sure the dealer would love that! Lol
It's not home yet but yes I did drive it. They made me wear a helmet. He started explaining to me about how to start it... I said mine is the one out back with all the accessories on it he just handed me the keys and smiled:) next weekend I'll wheelie it as part of the break in. It has to be done before the transfer of accessories. Decals will have to wait just a second because we will be doing camo as requested and that's cash but I'm hoping white camo will be ok with you all. You've been really good to me and very encouraging so I want to personally say thank you.

Reactions: Stauvo
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It's not home yet but yes I did drive it. They made me wear a helmet. He started explaining to me about how to start it... I said mine is the one out back with all the accessories on it he just handed me the keys and smiled:) next weekend I'll wheelie it as part of the break in. It has to be done before the transfer of accessories. Decals will have to wait just a second because we will be doing camo as requested and that's cash but I'm hoping white camo will be ok with you all. You've been really good to me and very encouraging so I want to personally say thank you.
Your a good man CP! As far as the Decals, white camo sounds cool! I'm excited to see your new build unfold and happy that you and your family will be out riding soon, hopefully for your wife's birthday:)

Reactions: Stauvo
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Done and done! You said you may so I'm holding you to that
Seriously though I'm going to be up for a trip early October . West may be where I'm headed. Where's the area you most frequent and worth the trip? Montana Idaho I don't know?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been watching this very close, I'm sure glad to hear there is a good outcome for you. Like I said before, I hope you take all the donations and use them to get your "rig" up and running. Even if it's the new one, I would love to see more lights. Lots and lots of lights. Other then you might the first person to have to install a 3rd battery. I sure hope you have a great summer, because it sounds like it is looking bright.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
ITS COVERED ITS COVERED ITS COVERED!!! Insurance came through! :):):)

There ya go :) I didn't want to say anything, but I made a few calls, pulled some strings here and there, fixed a few faucet leaks on the low down for some key people who played a pivotal role in this whole thing and next thing ya know...

So in all fairness, with all things considered, factoring in the recent turn of events of the insurance company now coming through, I think any and all monies previously generated should be generously forwarded to my retirement account that said 1000 previously set me back.. Just sayin...

Last edited:
advertisement