Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ok. Back in the good ole days when we had carburetors we would take an assortment of main jets, pilot jets and adjust the air slide when we were going on high elevation rides, took maybe 15 minutes to complete this change out of jets.
You and ole Henry Ford did share some good times back then, huh, @Smitty335 ?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You and ole Henry Ford did share some good times back then, huh, @Smitty335 ?
And some basic understanding of the combustion engine. Still applies today, right amount of fuel and oxygen = go. I go!

Reactions: Buggyman and Scoop
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Plugged as in the tip (NoHomo) in the tail pipe. There are some bolts that hold it in, if u remove it there is a spark arrester screen
The Tip in not detachable. NoHomo.......

Reactions: Smitty335
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I already replaced the OEM spark plugs to test that. I do think the catalytic converter has run cooler since switching plugs, but the temps at the head near the cylinders is the same.

Someone else here had a problem where the injectors were firing incorrectly and flooding the muffler with unburned fuel. I believe his problem was the ECM.

cntryby

cntryby

May 27, 2019
southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any resolution to this thread? If so I may have missed it.

$.02

I had a similar experience... twice.
Once mice clogged my exhaust, when first started it blew acorns out the tail. I ended up disassembling and cleaning it out.

The second was from hitting cold water with cat hot. The internals of the cat collapsed.

I haven't looked into sensors, but if possible disconnect the exhaust or replace with straight pipe and see if it goes away.

You may even use a stand and put a piece of paper in front of the exhaust pipe and check for fuel splatter. (The post of fuel from wonky injector or ecm is a real possibility.)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any resolution to this thread? If so I may have missed it.
No you didnt miss it, Its typical of some to start a thread and not come back with findings and leave us hanging like Epstine.
Still kinda early for this one, close to a month tho. Lest hope its not the case cuz this was a unique situation, would be great to hear the solution.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's my two cents, and that's all it's worth because I live at less than 1000 feet and have no tracks. But I assume that the track pull harder so you may want to keep the machine in low range. Try it, nothing to lose.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Here's my two cents, and that's all it's worth because I live at less than 1000 feet and have no tracks. But I assume that the track pull harder so you may want to keep the machine in low range. Try it, nothing to lose.
He was suggested that in the beginning if the thread I belive and he claimed no difference in doing so.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to agree with the too high of an octane fuel issue. The rate of burn at 91 octane is slower as stated and is probably still burning while the exhaust valves are opening, sending the flame front into the manifolds.
And such a simple fix to try.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@beholdthefield any update on this? Been a month since your last post on this.,
Seen u were on back on April 22nd
Dont leave us hanging like Epstine!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!