Chinese UTVs

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
According to "Offroadranker.com" , whoever they are. China makes the very bestest UTVs and ATVs our American dollars can buy.
Here's part of what they say: " Chinese ATVs are made for people who are just starting out and should only be used for fun, not for work like farming, hauling, or sports. Keep this in mind while buying a Chinese ATV."
Wo_OW, makes ya wanna go out and get one....LMAO

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a Tao Tao 110cc atv for my kids. It’s an entry level atv for a kid. Got it from a guy down the road from us for 50 bucks. Wasn’t running because it needed the carburetor rebuilt so I bought one from Amazon for less than 20 bucks. Considering I got 70 dollars in it I think its a good deal. New would’ve been 900 plus. I wouldn’t spend 900 for a new one and no chance would I buy a several thousand dollar UTV. They‘re just cheaply made and not worth the money to me.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
According to "Offroadranker.com" , whoever they are. China makes the very bestest UTVs and ATVs our American dollars can buy.
Here's part of what they say: " Chinese ATVs are made for people who are just starting out and should only be used for fun, not for work like farming, hauling, or sports. Keep this in mind while buying a Chinese ATV."
Wo_OW, makes ya wanna go out and get one....LMAO
I’ll stick with the Japanese.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I repaired a kids 4 wheeler for a friend once.
They were going to throw it away but somebody said, oh no!, Jim can fix it...
I wish they'd tossed it away.
I did get it running pretty good finally, and told them dont bring it back.
Exactly. I was the only toolmaker on second shift at one time and had several schmucks bring broken china made quad or go cart parts to be made American and I would charge em a 12 pack And tell em its the last time I would fix china junk.

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'm going to disagree with most everything here. I had a CF Moto (Chinese built) before I had my Honda. It was a very good machine. It ran great, it was incredibly capable. It was very comfortable and came with all the options you pay extra for with the big names. I would put a CF Moto up against any Japanese SXS in its class. After I rolled it, I wouldn't have thought twice about getting another except the deal support wasn't good. There were no dealers within 300 miles of me. All in all, CF Moto makes a very high-quality machine.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to disagree with most everything here. I had a CF Moto (Chinese built) before I had my Honda. It was a very good machine. It ran great, it was incredibly capable. It was very comfortable and came with all the options you pay extra for with the big names. I would put a CF Moto up against any Japanese SXS in its class. After I rolled it, I wouldn't have thought twice about getting another except the deal support wasn't good. There were no dealers within 300 miles of me. All in all, CF Moto makes a very high-quality machine.
A friend had a CF Moto. The machine always ran good but the frame was junk. I helped weld it up 4 times. Last August we were cruising on a FSR and hit a pothole. Rear shock mount broke off the frame. He had to retourque everything every few rides. He is waiting for his Talon to come in.

H

HondaTech

And there in lies the problem, no support and nobody will touch them.

DocBo

DocBo

Jul 17, 2022
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 520
Not a UTV but my wife’s Brute force 300 is made by Kymco and it was one of the best 2 wheel drive ATVs that you can buy. Very high quality. Always ran great and very good fit and finish.

this same platform is sold as the Tracker 300 and Artic Cat uses it as well.

21DB0B7C 2CAC 407C 9450 A98D53AC4107

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a DS90X CanAm for my son about 15yrs ago. I found out after that it was an offshore brand. The local CanAm dealer wouldn't even work on it. My good buddy bought a Brand new DS250 right from the local CanAm dealer. Also rebranded. When he took it in several yrs later for service they said the only reason they would service it for him was because he bought it from them. I will stay with Japanese thanks.

P1010780 edited
P1010424 edited

Sandsurfer

Sandsurfer

Feb 23, 2022
NM
Ownership

1. Talon X
And there in lies the problem, no support.
I am often reminded both here on this site as well as the other talon site, that Honda is not real good to us on their support either.

Axles, front seals, power steering, non hardened gearing, that drive shift thing that people mention needing to be welded. Not only does honda not care, but they seem to leave their dealers in the wind all too often.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am often reminded both here on this site as well as the other talon site, that Honda is not real good to us on their support either.

Axles, front seals, power steering, non hardened gearing, that drive shift thing that people mention needing to be welded. Not only does honda not care, but they seem to leave their dealers in the wind all too often.
I would sooner buy a used broken Honda than a shiny new chinese anything.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!