Chinese UTVs

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
Cf Moto builds around 900,000 engines a year and has for decades. At one time they build Polaris SXS's, Honda 90cc engines, KTM engines and a few others. In many countries, CF Moto is a top selling brand. They use elka shocks (not junk) Delphi fuel injection and Bosch electronics. None of which is junk. I'm guessing and reasonably certain very few if anyone here has ever driven a CF Moto but rather are basing their opinions on stereotypes.
Comparing it to a RZR 900S which I have been in several times, dollar for dollar, I would take the CF Moto every day of the week. Just as capable if not more due to its locking front diff, and engine braking. Comes with the extras that polaris charges for and still costs 1000"s less.

any guesses on who created and trademarked the liquid cooled 4-stroke engines that led to today's modern power plants? Yup, CF Moto.

H

HondaTech

Cf Moto builds around 900,000 engines a year and has for decades. At one time they build Polaris SXS's, Honda 90cc engines, KTM engines and a few others. In many countries, CF Moto is a top selling brand. They use elka shocks (not junk) Delphi fuel injection and Bosch electronics. None of which is junk. I'm guessing and reasonably certain very few if anyone here has ever driven a CF Moto but rather are basing their opinions on stereotypes.
Comparing it to a RZR 900S which I have been in several times, dollar for dollar, I would take the CF Moto every day of the week. Just as capable if not more due to its locking front diff, and engine braking. Comes with the extras that polaris charges for and still costs 1000"s less.

any guesses on who created and trademarked the liquid cooled 4-stroke engines that led to today's modern power plants? Yup, CF Moto.

I'd like to know what 90cc engine they built for Honda.

Honda is the only oem that built the entirety of its youth atv and always has.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

My local Honda dealership sold them alongside Hondas for several years

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Was that a cfmoto chinese satellite we shot down?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not a UTV but my wife’s Brute force 300 is made by Kymco and it was one of the best 2 wheel drive ATVs that you can buy. Very high quality. Always ran great and very good fit and finish.

this same platform is sold as the Tracker 300 and Artic Cat uses it as well.

View attachment 375603
I believe Kymco is Tawain Big difference. Kymco builds some good stuff

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I'd like to know what 90cc engine they built for Honda.
CF Moto dose not build engines "for honda ".
They may have made knock off engines and could still for the Asian market (I have no personal knowledge on the Asian small bike market).
They have a large collaboration with KTM, making engines and small displacement bikes for KTMs Asia market.

The funny thing is, China made and still makes junk but there is some really good stuff coming out of China now.
It's like stuff made in Japan.
Most of us are old enough to remember when "made in Japan" was code for crap.
Then in the 1980s the Japanese car companies kicked Detroit in the nuts.
China will do the same thing (and again Americans will not see it comming).

H

HondaTech

They may have made knock off engines and could still for the Asian market (I have no personal knowledge on the Asian small bike market).
They have a large collaboration with KTM, making engines and small displacement bikes for KTMs Asia market.

The funny thing is, China made and still makes junk but there is some really good stuff coming out of China now.

That's what I was getting at, that it's was BS.

I would think Honda started the goo stuff made in Japan when they brought the first bikes over. They didn't leak oil like HD and ran like clockwork.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Ed Zachary

Reactions: Buggyman
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

China is a cheater and steals every bit of IP that it can get its hands on.
As far as Americans not seeing it "comming"(short for communist?) The sad fact is that while we are over here living a life worth living, others are plotting and scheming to rain on our parade.
I could give a rats ass if china built a solid gold UTV and sold them for pennies on the dollar.
I'm not interested in buying anything made in china, and when I have no choice I do so unwillingly.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
China is a cheater and steals every bit of IP that it can get its hands on.
As far as Americans not seeing it "comming"(short for communist?) The sad fact is that while we are over here living a life worth living, others are plotting and scheming to rain on our parade.
I could give a rats ass if china built a solid gold UTV and sold them for pennies on the dollar.
I'm not interested in buying anything made in china, and when I have no choice I do so unwillingly.
^^^THIS^^^

Reactions: Buggyman
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Comparing it to a POO POO FIRE TRAP RZR 900S which I have been in several times, dollar for dollar, I would take the CF Moto every day of the week. Just as capable if not more due to its locking front diff, and engine braking. Comes with the extras that polaris charges for and still costs 1000"s less.
Fixed it for ya! 🥳

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!