ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cars are designed to have crush zones to help protect the passengers and help absorb the G forces but that is only for a single hit. With a roll cage you could have multiple hits if your rolling down a hill. As soon as a bar kinks or bends you pretty much loose all the strength in that bar.

Yeah isn't the height of the Pioneer ROPS there to prevent it from continuing to roll though?

If it were then I guess if I am going to chop mine I'd go the route Moses took and build a roll cage then.

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That pic Moses posted. Not sure what the guy did

IMG 8151

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know but it hit hard to the drivers side front first the way it looks. Is that the pic he posted why he wasn't planning on building
a complete cage a while back

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just checking. I should have known it wasn't you it still had mint a-arms!
Ah I was just giving jtw hell. Flipping it happens. But twice?
That was a weird one one that posted pic! I'd like to see the rest of the rig. Didn't look like tires caught anything and no seen damage so I'm not sure how that happens. Plane tried to land on it is my explanation

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ah I was just giving jtw hell. Flipping it happens. But twice?
That was a weird one one that posted pic! I'd like to see the rest of the rig. Didn't look like tires caught anything and no seen damage so I'm not sure how that happens. Plane tried to land on it is my explanation

I'm going train hit it!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!