popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't speak for him but I sure would lol
Sorry for the slow response. Ill try to get some better pics. I came out at the back and up at 45deg angle the same amount. 99714921df413bfa7026b4818667ae4aA0bf6a5f8f533f62e5fd1ca6b20c09faE2d0bbde4dd10f5b659f9b597ea1f2b4

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's the reason for the 45 angle rather than keeping it flat?
Less likely to be an anchor point. Thought it looked a little better. I wanted to give the plastics more protection, strengthen the stock bar, and some deflection of the back half of the rig so the rear tires would kick away from an obstacle, instead of trying to drive over it and causing a roll over.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
J

JTW

Less likely to be an anchor point. Thought it looked a little better. I wanted to give the plastics more protection, strengthen the stock bar, and some deflection of the back half of the rig so the rear tires would kick away from an obstacle, instead of trying to drive over it and causing a roll over.
Are your rock sliders welded to the stock bars or did you make something to replace the stock bars?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welded to the stock bar. And added a rear gusset tube back to the frame
The bottom side of the stock tube will still squish or crush in. But with the other tube stacked above and beside it, it shouldn't bend or move from it's location. Unless the rest of the rig gets totaled. I used .120 wall here tube.

Reactions: Shelly and sharp
J

JTW

The bottom side of the stock tube will still squish or crush in. But with the other tube stacked above and beside it, it shouldn't bend or move from it's location. Unless the rest of the rig gets totaled. I used .120 wall here tube.
This is similar to what I have in mind.. only I'll continue the flat bar to the rear and add a support to the stock bar. The question is do I want and angle up like yours or keep it all flush... and how far out do I want them

IMG 3945

Reactions: sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is similar to what I have in mind.. only I'll continue the flat bar to the rear and add a support to the stock bar. The question is do I want and angle up like yours or keep it all flush... and how far out do I want them

View attachment 43598
It's a fine line between adding strength and protection, but not hurting the performance by putting a huge anchor out there to drag and bash over every rock and stump. I choose to keep them high as possible and still clear the bottom of the front door. And still stay narrower than the tires by a bit. But I have 1.5" wheel spacers on also

J

JTW

It's a fine line between adding strength and protection, but not hurting the performance by putting a huge anchor out there to drag and bash over every rock and stump. I choose to keep them high as possible and still clear the bottom of the front door. And still stay narrower than the tires by a bit. But I have 1.5" wheel spacers on also
Very good point!

Reactions: popeye and sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I've been eyeing the slider mod. But I was thinking about making it on L-channel so it will help beef it up on the bottom also.

Also, I would like to state my commitment to join the club before end if the year!

J

JTW

I've been eyeing the slider mod. But I was thinking about making it on L-channel so it will help beef it up on the bottom also.

Also, I would like to state my commitment to join the club before end if the year!
I thought about that.. but wondered if it would screw with the skid plate.

ErikHonda4Life

ErikHonda4Life

Jun 6, 2015
I guess I should join this club too. I actually joined about a month ago but I might as well make it official and post it here....

The red one is sitting on 30 inch tires and the stock three seater still has stock tires and stock suspension.
View attachment 43095
that looks tough I will be walking out side now to see how much I should chop off!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!