P1000 Clutch Slip

P

PERK29

Dec 14, 2020
Wasaga Beach
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have done 6-7 clutch re-learns on my 2020 1000-3 and it does seem to take? Now it has both MT/AT on the panel? Do I have a burned out clutch?

Reactions: Lady01
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should see a "-" where it usually displays your gears. It should have a blinking sequence of short then long flashes. Count the flashes and then look up the code accordingly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

P

PERK29

Dec 14, 2020
Wasaga Beach
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You should see a "-" where it usually displays your gears. It should have a blinking sequence of short then long flashes. Count the flashes and then look up the code accordingly.

I do not have a code error, it was just not shifting properly so I tried to do a re-learn. after it was just doing a continues blink and the MT/AT are both lit up on the panel?

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it shift good on every other shift? Or are all shifts the same level?

Did some one drive it with the engine revved up with out the tires spinning?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do not have a code error, it was just not shifting properly so I tried to do a re-learn. after it was just doing a continues blink and the MT/AT are both lit up on the panel?
Ok, well that "continuos blink", turn the key off and then on, count the blinks long then short. It should be that way if not, did you have it warmed up properly when doing the clutch relearn? It's important.

P

PERK29

Dec 14, 2020
Wasaga Beach
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does it shift good on every other shift? Or are all shifts the same level?

Did some one drive it with the engine revved up with out the tires spinning?

it takes off slow then some gears move through normal and some rev high then change, yes I got stuck in some clay and the wheels where not turn and motor revved a bit before I stopped and got pulled out.

H

HondaTech

What is displayed in the gear position after it fails a relearn?

If its a "U" small or large, its not warm enough yet.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you burnt 1st,3rd,5th and reverse gear. There is a good write up by a member on the forum on how to change them. Takes a couple hours, it's not too hard. Takes longer to clean the bike up and remove the rear floor. I had to do mine last summer.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, when my 1-3-5 clutch pack was bad, it displayed AT and MT and I couldn't make a re-learn go thru.

Once the clutch pack was changed out, relearn worked on the first try and AT went back to normal.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
P

PERK29

Dec 14, 2020
Wasaga Beach
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, well that "continuos blink", turn the key off and then on, count the blinks long then short. It should be that way if not, did you have it warmed up properly when doing the clutch relearn? It's important.

ya I maybe need to take it for a longer ride and warm it up bit longer, I will try that.
What is displayed in the gear position after it fails a relearn?

If its a "U" small or large, its not warm enough yet.
after the fail it goes back to P, but both MT/AT stay.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pay attention to what gears its slipping in 1 3 5 is all on the same pack sounds to me like u burnt up a clutch pack. relearn is not going to fix it.

P

PERK29

Dec 14, 2020
Wasaga Beach
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Pay attention to what gears its slipping in 1 3 5 is all on the same pack sounds to me like u burnt up a clutch pack. relearn is not going to fix it.
Ya it sounds like that is the case as it is slow to take off in 1st gear and then 3rd gear revved high then goes, but I think that is it. Reverse is slow to start as well.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!