P1000 Clutch slipping after replacing

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need help I have a 19 p1000-5 clutch was slipping a little. After new clutch when I put it in gear it try to take off but when I press the gas it slips can barely move .low oil pressure light is on. dealer is out of ideas they replaced clutch cover, clutch again seals,plastic split rigs and emergency valve . Any help would be great thanks

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All the o rings have been changed and triple checked unfortunately but thanks for taking the time to help

Reactions: 0860silverado
A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They tried I wouldn't take. They say that they have never been able to get clutch reset to work. Very small local shop that's more a outdoor store than a Honda dealer. Dose the reset make a big difference? Thanks

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They tried I wouldn't take. They say that they have never been able to get clutch reset to work. Very small local shop that's more a outdoor store than a Honda dealer. Dose the reset make a big difference? Thanks
The relearn isn’t too hard but you need to be smooth and quick about it. It’s a timed thing. Yes it’s important.

H

HondaTech

If they cant get an initialization to take then your machine is not going to operate properly.

Infact the display would not show the proper gear if they attempted it without successfully completing the procedure.

There is something wrong in there, if done properly a clutch initialization will work everytime. They probably nicked one of the sealing rings. I always use an oil/grease mixture to hold them down when installing the clutch.

Are they installing the entire clutch as an assembly or just replacing the fibers and plates? Because you cant get the proper clearance without replacing the assembly including the basket as a whole. Honda won't even let you order the parts separate for that reason.

Id take it to another place, those guys have no idea what their doing.

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They did replace the entire assembly. I went and picked it up today .will be taken it to much better dealer Saturday. But now its will not move at all and oil pressure light is on. They told me the engine has good pressure but not getting any to clutch. Relearn still won't take. Maybe because the oil light. Thanks for all the great advice

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What part of Louisiana are you in?

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
North west of Shreveport on Arkansas line

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
North west of Shreveport on Arkansas line
Ahh gotcha, little far from me. I'm on the opposite end of the state. How many miles did you have on your 2019 before clutch issues?

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure but was at same time as first service

H

HondaTech

They did replace the entire assembly. I went and picked it up today .will be taken it to much better dealer Saturday. But now its will not move at all and oil pressure light is on. They told me the engine has good pressure but not getting any to clutch. Relearn still won't take. Maybe because the oil light. Thanks for all the great advice

Sound alike they have either an o-ring between the hub and clutch pinched or a seal ring(s) cut. Did they install the collar in the new cover?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Not sure but was at same time as first service
Do you have big tires or pull heavy loads? Seems odd that you'd slip the clutches at 100 miles/20 hours.

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
31 outlaws og not anything to heavy. Not sure about the collar will have new dealer look into it. Thanks

A

axel

Oct 19, 2018
La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the better dealer had it fixed in 3 hours. Some really bright mechanic put emergency valve in upside down. That's what gave the low oil pressure lol 4 months later I'm back up and running. But now the big question how to keep from burning another clutch. Would 30% portals do the trick. Do alot of slow stop and go mild mud riding. Thanks for all your help.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well the better dealer had it fixed in 3 hours. Some really bright mechanic put emergency valve in upside down. That's what gave the low oil pressure lol 4 months later I'm back up and running. But now the big question how to keep from burning another clutch. Would 30% portals do the trick. Do alot of slow stop and go mild mud riding. Thanks for all your help.
That’s great to hear your back going!
They would help that situation but it’ll be much more likely to break the rest of the drivetrain, steering and suspension. Some people have to go that way based off of the conditions. If I were worried myself I’d consider gear reduction.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!