NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And at the other end of the cooler need chart.

I use this this one on our overlanding trips.

Pre-chilling is key along with the bottom layer being a single chunk of ice. I use a plastic shoe box and freeze it a week ahead of time.
Fits perfect.
Then pack about 10 sodas, few partly frozen Gatorade, and a few partly frozen waters, few partly frozen steaks. Some ham, cheese and few other small things.

At the end of 4 day adventure, I still have a decent chunk of ice. Floating around.

View attachment 312673

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Poor bossman will regret his serious response in this thread before long…if he doesn’t already. 🤣😂

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’m kinda new to SXSing and was wondering
How big of a bag of ice can I run without a lift?
I’m worried about drinking warm beer. Thanks for the help.
🤦‍♂️......I hate when people get side tracked with non-sense answers to someone asking for real feed back.

OP, you can use a 10lb bag for an all day ride as long as you don't open and close the cooler more then once every HR.

PRO TIP: Do some reading/research on here regarding the under cooler lid heat shield mod. If you do that you can easily get away with using a 5lb bag.... 👍

And.......Pics or it didn't happen!!!

advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
🤦‍♂️......I hate when people get side tracked with non-sense answers to someone asking for real feed back.

OP, you can use a 10lb bag for an all day ride as long as you don't open and close the cooler more then once every HR.

PRO TIP: Do some reading/research on here regarding the under cooler lid heat shield mod. If you do that you can easily get away with using a 5lb bag.... 👍

And.......Pics or it didn't happen!!!
Thanks for the info, I did see the thread about the under lid bilge fan and I installed that.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
And at the other end of the cooler need chart.

I use this this one on our overlanding trips.

Pre-chilling is key along with the bottom layer being a single chunk of ice. I use a plastic shoe box and freeze it a week ahead of time.
Fits perfect.
Then pack about 10 sodas, few partly frozen Gatorade, and a few partly frozen waters, few partly frozen steaks. Some ham, cheese and few other small things.

At the end of 4 day adventure, I still have a decent chunk of ice. Floating around.

View attachment 312673

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
For those of us that don't wear plastic shoes......🤔 can we use a regular shoe box?

NTC

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!