P1000m5 Cup holders

S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that it’s winter time and I’m plowing my driveway I would love to have a cupholder that an actual coffee mug would fit in. I’ve got a 2016 1000-5 and I need to squeeze even a disposable water bottle to get it to fit in the cupholders. I’m wondering if anyone has a clever idea and the product to mount better ones. I’ve looked at the ones that fit over the rocker panel space but I’d rather not cut new holes if I don’t have to. I bought a couple of those kids that finish off the door ones but they don’t provide a whole Lotta space so I put them in the back for my kids. Did they make them bigger on the newer models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Now that it’s winter time and I’m plowing my driveway I would love to have a cupholder that an actual coffee mug would fit in. I’ve got a 2016 1000-5 and I need to squeeze even a disposable water bottle to get it to fit in the cupholders. I’m wondering if anyone has a clever idea and the product to mount better ones. I’ve looked at the ones that fit over the rocker panel space but I’d rather not cut new holes if I don’t have to. I bought a couple of those kids that finish off the door ones but they don’t provide a whole Lotta space so I put them in the back for my kids. Did they make them bigger on the newer models?

Use a dremel and put the larger ones in! There are some switch panel cup holders or you could use the ram mount cup holders on the rops. But honestly... just cut the stock holders out and put the new inserts in. Not a big deal at all.

Reactions: Farmerjohn
S

Skjerv40

May 14, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use a dremel and put the larger ones in! There are some switch panel cup holders or you could use the ram mount cup holders on the rops. But honestly... just cut the stock holders out and put the new inserts in. Not a big deal at all.

Good idea. The Japanese must drink from very small cups.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you considered the add on cup holders for the door? May work depending on how you store/drink your coffee.

https://www.amazon.com/KEMIMOTO-Holder-Bottle-2014-2019-Pioneer/dp/B07GSTKR2W/?tag=sxsweb24-20

They sell those in a two pack as well. I was kind of in the same boat: not real keen on cutting my dash. The stockers to work great for plastic water bottles, and we do take those riding at times...

Those Amazon deals will hold a Yeti 20oz comfortable and firm.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

There’s five threads at the bottom of this page full of various ideas that many members have used to improve the stock position.

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
D271D55B 67F2 4263 9FB8 24ECD174E8F1 Best mod I did!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!