P1000 Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

• No issues.

Votes: 146 67.9%
  • Minor issues.

Votes: 38 17.7%
  • Major issues.

Votes: 31 14.4%

• Total voters
S

Story

Mar 9, 2016
Kentucky
I need you to post a picture of those straps on the door far as I know there's no straps on the door maybe for shipment thanks
I would get ya a picture but once they have broken twice, I have moved on and replaced them with something else. It is on the hard full doors, which are a lot heavier. I'm going to try a different cable setup this time around.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I would get ya a picture but once they have broken twice, I have moved on and replaced them with something else. It is on the hard full doors, which are a lot heavier. I'm going to try a different cable setup this time around.
A piece of leather might work too

N

Null

Jan 18, 2016
Pioneer 1000-5
Bought 1 month ago
NO ISSUES except for a little dump bed rattling which was easily fixed
Ride in mud, pastures, ATV parks, Hills, Woods ETC.
Only accessories so far is a winch,windshield,roof, and gun rack.
Honda 10w-30 oil on first change/ may change to synthetic on next change but unsure if it is supposed to go in there. Manual doesn't say anything about synthetic.

Bubbalel

Bubbalel

Nov 29, 2015
No problems
12/2015
1000-5D
Split windshield, hard top, mirrors rear and side, skids, rear bumper, soft mid window, mud busters.
ride mostly bottoms and pastures and trails, go to eastern KY a couple times a year.
This thing is super nice!!!

S

Suz450cb

Apr 11, 2016
Marshall
Pioneer 1000 deluxe red. November 2015. 1900 miles. I have half the roof made out off thin piece of steel built in speakers on the roof and roof comes down for the 50 inch light bar to mount flush with the roof. 6000 lb winch. mounted a water proof stereo in the dash. I ride a little bit of everything. Rocks a little mud creeks. Trails.

Reactions: jamday
S

samiam910

Jul 2, 2016
virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No start bad ecm and harness, bad oil dipstick. 2 days old 9 hrs

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No start bad ecm and harness, bad oil dipstick. 2 days old 9 hrs

Could you expound on this a little bit?

Did the ECM go bad or was it bad from the start? Any indication of what caused it?

What was bad about the oil dipstick?

When did you buy it?

Reactions: moparornocar
S

samiam910

Jul 2, 2016
virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
New June 17
Two days later no start problem.
Gray terminal ecm heavy corrosion damaged harness and ecm.
Oil dipstick bad casting on threads will not seal properly.
9 hrs 50 miles
Waiting on honda repair approval.

Ecm is not weather sealed!

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
New June 17
9 hrs 50 miles

How about some picture? Thanks

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
New June 17
9 hrs 50 miles

Do you think it corroded from sitting outside?

I am surprised that the dealer didn't notice the dipstick problem.

Mind letting us know where you got it from?

Thank you for posting this, I will add it to my checklist as I am going to be picking one up next week barring any disasters.

Reactions: sharp
S

samiam910

Jul 2, 2016
virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda replaced ecm and harness under warranty. New ecm is weather sealed.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problems: on three occasions now it took 5-7 seconds to start and then idled rough for another 10 seconds. Hasn't done it in a while.

Driver side brake line was missing the hardware that holds it to the A-arm

Passenger side seat belt was very loose and needed to be tightened.

The high gear ratio in low range is a problem in my opinion even though in ~200 miles it hasn't caused a mechanical issue.

1. Pioneer 1000-5D

2. 12/19/2015

3. ~200

4. Deep breath....OEM front bumper/brush guard, OEM rear bumper, hard roof, hard coat two piece wind screen, fabric rear panel, bedliner, bed extender, light cubes all over, limb risers, OEM winch and winch mount, MudBuster fender flares, rear view and side view mirrors, fire extinguisher, shackles, Rotopax fuel tanks, interior lights, WetSounds ultra 6, JBL 175, pistol mount, dash mounted winch switch, snorkeled front and rear diffs, sub trans, fuel tank, park brake box, and radiator fan, CATVOS 3" lift arched and 2" Forward A-arms in the front. 3" lift arched A-arms in the rear, 30x10-14 Roctane tires on 14x7 beadlock STI HD

5. Property maintenance. Hauling firewood, pulling small trailers, several pleasure rides with deep water and hills and rocks.

6. Engine and subtrans are filled with Honda HP4S 10-30

Hey @joeymt33, I've had the same starting issue a couple times in the past 3 weeks. Did you ever figure out what was causing it? On at least one occasion it happened to me after a fairly long drive uphill in sand. When I went to start it a little while later it acted almost as if it was flooded. I pushed down on the pedal and cranked it. It acted just like you described. Once started I feathered the pedal a little through the rough idle and then it was happy. I'm not sure what I was doing prior to the second time it happened. I got it started just like I did the first time.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey @joeymt33, I've had the same starting issue a couple times in the past 3 weeks. Did you ever figure out what was causing it? On at least one occasion it happened to me after a fairly long drive uphill in sand. When I went to start it a little while later it acted almost as if it was flooded. I pushed down on the pedal and cranked it. It acted just like you described. Once started I feathered the pedal a little through the rough idle and then it was happy. I'm not sure what I was doing prior to the second time it happened. I got it started just like I did the first time.

I never figured out what it is. It happened to me today.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Have you heard of anyone else having this happen? What really bothers me is the damn thing has only done it when I'm really far away from home. The pucker factor increases exponentially... lol

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have you heard of anyone else having this happen? What really bothers me is the damn thing has only done it when I'm really far away from home. The pucker factor increases exponentially... lol

You are the second person that I've heard of having this problem. I haven't even asked my dealer about it yet.

If it makes you feel any better, mine has done it since new which I got it back in December and it's never cause a problem.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that I think about it, it started after I snorkeled it. Was yours doing it before snorkeling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

M

moechester

Jul 26, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First post. Mine also will start rough from time to time. I actually believe it is temporarily flooded. Always starts but is a bit concerning? I only have this problem when I am running in High when going at slow speeds working. I have recently started running in low when I am going to be moving at slow speeds. I think the P1000 wants to be run hard when using high range? I honestly think my driving style while working might be contributing to the rough starting/flooding issue I am having? Lot of idle and slow speeds. Never failed me yet just a bit annoying.

Rattling doors and rough starting issue.
Work, hauling feed, hunting, fishing and trail riding.
Too many accessories to list.
Honda recommended fluids across the board.
Dang good machine and fun to drive.

Reactions: AKRider
BIGRACK

BIGRACK

Jan 22, 2016
Dayton Tenn
I added radio, speakers ,new rocker switches , in line fuses and in cab winch control . After all that was installed the first time I fired it up it idled funny kind of like it was flooded .revved engine a few times and it cleared up. No issues since . I think it is a electrical or computer issue causing some of this .

Reactions: joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!