BOX1

P1000 Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

• No issues.

Votes: 146 67.9%
  • Minor issues.

Votes: 38 17.7%
  • Major issues.

Votes: 31 14.4%

• Total voters
Madmax62

Madmax62

Jul 22, 2017
SW Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to sell my 2017 p1000 unless I can figure out why it craps out at altitude. I ride in the high country and regularly get to 12000 feet. Most days, no issues but twice my P1K has put me a dangerous position. In one case I was at almost 13K feet and it would not rev and I therefore got stalled on a steep incline. Backing your way out of such situations is not always possible, but worked that day. Last week I was at about 10,500 feet and needed to back up a steep incline, nothing huge just a few feet ... once again I could not get the revs up. Had to go down a very steep inclne to get turned around and yes it worked that day but sometimes there is no way out in front. Before asking, yes I was in the low range and 1st gear going up hill and what ever reverse gets you. About 300 hours on the unit, all recall, clutch heat stuff done.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1800 miles. Currently waiting on a new oil pan and 2 CV boots. I have 3 bowed frame crossmemebers to straighten up and reinforce but overall the 1000-5 is awesome and I can't wait to tear it up again.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to sell my 2017 p1000 unless I can figure out why it craps out at altitude. I ride in the high country and regularly get to 12000 feet. Most days, no issues but twice my P1K has put me a dangerous position. In one case I was at almost 13K feet and it would not rev and I therefore got stalled on a steep incline. Backing your way out of such situations is not always possible, but worked that day. Last week I was at about 10,500 feet and needed to back up a steep incline, nothing huge just a few feet ... once again I could not get the revs up. Had to go down a very steep inclne to get turned around and yes it worked that day but sometimes there is no way out in front. Before asking, yes I was in the low range and 1st gear going up hill and what ever reverse gets you. About 300 hours on the unit, all recall, clutch heat stuff done.
I've never been that high but the only thing I could suggest is an aftermarket custom tune. Have you had good luck with other machines at this altitude?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reckon the dealer could hook it up to computer to see if it threw any type of code at altitude?

Reactions: 0860silverado
M

mlhannah1

Apr 5, 2017
Chillicothe, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1000-5 Deluxe 2016
Bought in April 2017
135 Miles
Lots of problems!
With 88 miles, Transmission went out. Fixed by Honda.
Clutch and heat improvement added.
Gasket on transmission filter was installed half in half out, leaked oil all over bottom of machine.
Now shift light stays in 2 wheel mode.

Front bumper, rear bumper, rock sliders, 4500 lbs wench, Lights, fan under seat, etc. roof, windsheild.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
350 miles on my P1000-5D and at about 250 miles it suddenly developed a noise in the front drivers wheel. Kind of a clicking/chirping noise. The repetitions are of course closer together the faster I’m going, I can lean out and hear it over the engine noise. I can’t see anything on that side upon inspection that’s visibly damaged.

Any ideas guys??

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
350 miles on my P1000-5D and at about 250 miles it suddenly developed a noise in the front drivers wheel. Kind of a clicking/chirping noise. The repetitions are of course closer together the faster I’m going, I can lean out and hear it over the engine noise. I can’t see anything on that side upon inspection that’s visibly damaged.

Any ideas guys??
Brakes or bearings, pull the wheel, spin it, remove brake caliper and spin again. If caliper removed and noise is still there, either grease or replace the bearing.
If removing caliper has no noise, your problem is brakes.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Brakes or bearings, pull the wheel, spin it, remove brake caliper and spin again. If caliper removed and noise is still there, either grease or replace the bearing.
If removing caliper has no noise, your problem is brakes.
Thanks dude, I’ll give that a go today!!

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
mine needs an oil change and someone to ride it... in the process of moving and its being neglected. Guess there could be worse problems to have

Reactions: Montecresto and mjn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Pulled the wheel and found a very minor problem. The plastic guard at the top of the brake disc received a bang by a stick most likely and was bent over on the lower tip, so I just cut it off.

A6EE1E55 E957 4E8F B98C A1020D323AF5
8B66FD31 E68D 4F8D BF39 0444E75B485D

Reactions: Landman and Mudwing
JethroBarnwell

JethroBarnwell

Apr 7, 2018
Upstate South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Problems: Typical minor issues common on this site. Seat Heat! Transmission clutches. Muffler Heat Shield. All rectified by dealer (eventually). I added even more insulation under seat after the Cabin Comfort PIC was completed and now the front seat is much more comfortable but I still get the back of my neck and head well toasted.
  1. 2017 1000 5 LE
  2. March 2018
  3. <200 miles
  4. EMP rear bumper, EMP winch bracket, Super ATV 5000# winch w/synthetic rope and wireless remote, Genuine Honda Roof, bed mat.
  5. Used on my timber farm as a mule and powered wheel barrow.
  6. The dealer changed the oil before I took delivery and again when they made the clutch improvement.
Bought the LE to save time adding a skid plate and wanted my "differentially abled" (I don't like the word handicapped) wife to be able to operate it. Now she can supervise and run back to the barn for stuff we might have forgotten.
The power steering is sweet and my wife has no trouble turning it in tight places.
It has spent most of its time in "Turf Mode" and I like that it is easy on the grassed fire lanes. Our land is hilly and I don't need erosion issues.
For the projects when we have hired help, this machine is better than using a truck to get people and tools around because it has less impact on the soil and can get into places where the truck would be cumbersome. It actually rides much better than the truck in those situations too.
The price took me time to become comfortable with but the machines with the green and yellow paint do the same and I have never regretted buying them. The good stuff isn't cheap and the cheap stuff isn't good.
I bought the Honda because I want to spend time working the machine not wrenching on it.
I plan to keep this machine until it is no longer serviceable or my time runs out, whichever comes first.
I'm very pleased with this machine.

I spent almost a year lurking in the shadows on this site before I made my purchase so I went in with my eyes wide open.
I am thoroughly impressed with the talent and knowledge of the fine folks on this site.
What an incredible resource!

KUDOS HONDASXS!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Problems: Typical minor issues common on this site. Seat Heat! Transmission clutches. Muffler Heat Shield. All rectified by dealer (eventually). I added even more insulation under seat after the Cabin Comfort PIC was completed and now the front seat is much more comfortable but I still get the back of my neck and head well toasted.
  1. 2017 1000 5 LE
  2. March 2018
  3. <200 miles
  4. EMP rear bumper, EMP winch bracket, Super ATV 5000# winch w/synthetic rope and wireless remote, Genuine Honda Roof, bed mat.
  5. Used on my timber farm as a mule and powered wheel barrow.
  6. The dealer changed the oil before I took delivery and again when they made the clutch improvement.
Bought the LE to save time adding a skid plate and wanted my "differentially abled" (I don't like the word handicapped) wife to be able to operate it. Now she can supervise and run back to the barn for stuff we might have forgotten.
The power steering is sweet and my wife has no trouble turning it in tight places.
It has spent most of its time in "Turf Mode" and I like that it is easy on the grassed fire lanes. Our land is hilly and I don't need erosion issues.
For the projects when we have hired help, this machine is better than using a truck to get people and tools around because it has less impact on the soil and can get into places where the truck would be cumbersome. It actually rides much better than the truck in those situations too.
The price took me time to become comfortable with but the machines with the green and yellow paint do the same and I have never regretted buying them. The good stuff isn't cheap and the cheap stuff isn't good.
I bought the Honda because I want to spend time working the machine not wrenching on it.
I plan to keep this machine until it is no longer serviceable or my time runs out, whichever comes first.
I'm very pleased with this machine.

I spent almost a year lurking in the shadows on this site before I made my purchase so I went in with my eyes wide open.
I am thoroughly impressed with the talent and knowledge of the fine folks on this site.
What an incredible resource!

KUDOS HONDASXS!
You are easily impressed, HA! Welcome!

G

gnewtonalaska

Jun 28, 2022
North Pole, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-3
109 miles on new Honda Pioneer 1000. On second time out while going up a steep hill with no trailer and lightly loaded Low range transmission in auto mode made loud noise like a shotgun going off. Lost total transmission power. Shifted to High range and it brought us back. Was 32 miles back off the road in Alaska. Took unit to Delta Power Sports in Delta Junction.. Alaska I hope they can get it fixed. We only have a short summer. Winter starts September 15.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!