Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which is it?
It's not very wide but it sure is Short!

Or I may not drag bottom but I sure raise hell with the sides!

Reactions: BWAF
D

DDDonkey

What are your CV’s running temperature wise?

I’d like to have the temperature of a stock setup compared to a machine with stock axles and a HL lift.

Turf mode and 4-5 miles @ 55-60 mph on the blacktop? Mine seem to be running a little warm. Inner and outter cv’s both sides.

@Delton @Windrock1000 @joeymt33 @snuffnwhisky @CumminsPusher @ohanacreek
And anybody else running a HL lift or a stock machine with stock rear axles.

OK I just got the time and went for a quick ride for you. It is 90 degrees out and the CV's all started out between 87* and 88* and after the 4-5 mile ride between 55-60 the temps are as follows.

The temps were taken just before the rubber boot on the metal piece.
Driver inner 163* and outer (wheel) 133*
Pass inner 179* and outer 141*

I am thinking that the pass side inner was hotter because of the exhaust, but was do I know.

J

JTW

OK I just got the time and went for a quick ride for you. It is 90 degrees out and the CV's all started out between 87* and 88* and after the 4-5 mile ride between 55-60 the temps are as follows.

The temps were taken just before the rubber boot on the metal piece.
Driver inner 163* and outer (wheel) 133*
Pass inner 179* and outer 141*

I am thinking that the pass side inner was hotter because of the exhaust, but was do I know.
Awesome.. thank you! And you have a HL lift on as well?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Awesome.. thank you! And you have a HL lift on as well?
Are you having issues with front and back, or just back. Boy, we all know you have issues with front & back, but we are talking about your S x S here! HA!

Reactions: pct and Plumber32
J

JTW

Yes, I have a HL on the rear and spacers on the front.

The front CV after the run was 101* both inner and outer on the fronts.
Your numbers are consistent with dad’s stock machine... guess that settles that.

Thanks again..you saved me some time and trouble putting the stock rears back in just to get the temp.

J

JTW

Are you having issues with front and back, or just back. Boy, we all know you have issues with front & back, but we are talking about your S x S here! HA!
I haven’t ridden it since putting in the fronts... I took the rears out the same night and haven’t had a chance to put the new ones in. That’s tomorrow’s project

Reactions: Windrock1000
D

DDDonkey

Your numbers are consistent with dad’s stock machine... guess that settles that.

Thanks again..you saved me some time and trouble putting the stock rears back in just to get the temp.

No worries, I’m glad to help. At least I can contribute to this great forum every once in a while

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!