D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMG 6569
Had my Pioneer 1000/3 for about 6 months now.... Found a number of things I like - a lot of them on this Forum... a few i didn't.. so this has been a bit of a slow and ongoing build. But kind of have it where I'm not feeling like i have a lot of things left to do, to make it "my own"...
Really like the Tough Country bumper with reciever hitch. Have 1/2" Trail Armor skidplates (been a lifesaver during hunting), and S&S A-Arm guards. Mounted a 5000# Viper Elite winch w/remote. For s***s and giggles added a fire extinguisher in the front... Also mounted 28" Roctanes XD's with 14" STI HD5 Beadlocks (red).
IMG 6565

For hunting I hard mounted a Garmin Montana 610 with OnX maps.
IMG 6568

Have overhead Big Sky gunracks - as well as just put on the NOAM Bluetooth speakers - and mounted the controller above the Garmin - which is super handy... as when I strap in with the 4pt harness - i can't reach it if it's on the console where everyone else puts them.. (Plus i didn't have room there!)... as this shows:
IMG 6566

Thanks to Mystic - have a nice switch setup now... the gun rack is Uber handy.. don't have to strap it in - never moves.. but very accessible. Put in 2nd battery with isolator this afternoon... which is why i'm running 2 voltmeters (double as usb chargers).. the handheld unit there is the remote for the winch - velcro'd on. also you can see where the amp for stereo went - and used micro bungee straps to make the cubby hole more useful. Also did the thing lots do here.. and white painted the letters for visibility for transmission settings. Tonite, this picture doesn't show.. but i mounted the phone holder upside down - in the cubby hole area (still useful), and screwed it in.. much better position now - and if phone falls off - it's within the cab, not outside (did that twice now!.. DOH!).
IMG 6567

the reason the gun never moves - is I used a black hose, and screwed it to the floor (looks like it belongs there).. that holds the butt of the gun stationary. Like the Throttle Maxx.. makes running the rig smoother - especially for the wife, who is only 5'3"

I will follow up later with some of the wiring and other things....

Thanks to all who share here... gives me great ideas on making the machine better and more useful for the things I do with it.. :)

Jait25

Jait25

Sep 28, 2016
Hope BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks awesome and I agree with the throttle maxx peddle, just put it on and it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put LED lights in... white behind me, and Red in front... creates a nice glow, and the red is easy on your eyes. Have a Nilight 20" LED in front, and Auxbeam 4" floods in the back. front/back lights are tied to headlights for power. GPS and horn are tied to Key on.. USB / interior lights / Stereo / winch are tied directly to Aux battery for use wether or not key is on. Isolator keeps me from worrying if i run it low
IMG 6577

I didn't take pictures of all the wiring i did over last couple days... i finally put in a block for the negatives, and while i got a PDM with fuses for everything else.. i didn't use it - i just used a distribution block that was much smaller, and easier - as all the auxillary stuff already are fused - and this setup worked much better for me due to space constraints.
IMG 6578

As i'm looking at these pictures.. like most here, i suspect, I have done more things (mostly spent money!) on this than I remember... like mounting the Tusk Jack... had a rear view mirror.. but a branch took it out last week! This picture shows a mount for a 4' tree trimmer I use on my young orchard.. and You can barely see in the bed - some additional tie downs i installed...
IMG 6573

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh.. and here's the new phone setup....
IMG 6580

The other thing I did on here.. that you can barely see in this picture.. on Mystic's laser cut out switch panel... he didn't make one that is made for the gun rack holder that I use... and it's a MUST for me.. so I used one of his 10 switch cut off that he uses a RAM mount on the right side (i don't)... so what I did was cut out the top right 3"x3" space from his switch plate... and that leaves my gun mount solid... and i don't have to mess with it, when I pull the switch plate off...

And with that many switches - and all of them lighted.. there are like 8 zillion wires back there.. so when I did all of this - i used OTRATTW webside, and got the Terminal housings, and the Packard 630 connectors... so a loose wire isn't near the wild goose chase it was previously... really cleans up the wiring.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That does look good!

Reactions: pct
blackdog2086

blackdog2086

Jul 31, 2015
Looks great. Do you have a lift or are you just running stock suspension? I'm asking because I'm looking to get the same bumper, wheels and tires and want to know if I need to add a lift or not, and I'd rather not.

advertisement
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
will take a few more pictures... i did add 2" spacers on the front shocks to preload them.... gives it a bit more of an aggressive stance, but did not actually raise the rig....

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here's a bit of the wiring..... and as messy as it looks.. it's waaaaay better than it used to be! I used industrial strength velcro to attach the isolator (it's behind the Odyssey 925 Battery), and then used velcro to mount the power distribution block on top of the odyssey battery... is made sure i had extra wire to that module, so i can move it around if I need to change out batteries. I mounted the ground block with screws to the side.. and for clarity (because i will forget in a few days!), marked the blocks with names of the circuit..
IMG 6582

If You are wondering about the velcro You can see... any of You who has used this 2nd battery... it is heavy, and hard to left back out... so I used standard sticky back velcro... and wrapped the battery... and left loose the top portion.. and use it as handles to lift out the battery when i ever need to.
IMG 6587
IMG 6596

I also have used a universal connector.. to mount a battery tender to my starting battery... or can use it to run electrical doohickys (such as sprayer, etc.) that I put in the bed from time to time....

Reactions: HoundDog
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
for recreation.. hunting is my thing.. and for those of You who may be looking for a good setup for carrying a gun and keeping it handy.. (the Big Sky gun racks I use on the roof.. are great for carrying guns out of the way... but it is, in no way, "handy" for grabbing and going).. The Top piece I use i believe is a Kolpin unit. it's adjustable from side to side... which is important.. as i need to move it based on the gun/scope combination i have in it... the base - is rubber hose.. and the shape accommodates a gun either sideways (for straight up and down) or angled (for when the top is tilted to the side)..
IMG 6592
IMG 6593
IMG 6594
IMG 6566

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here''s my 4pt harness... which I really like. i stole this idea from Jackal... but you feel so much more secure - and i'm sure a bunch safer...:)
)
IMG 6595

The only other thing I can think of off the cuff that I have set up here... i use 3 different waterproof bags (30liter / 20 liter sizes) - the type you float rivers with... under the drivers seat - and that's where I carry tools, tow ropes, portable aircompressor, etc... works out well, and the flexible nature of them is much more useful than trying to use boxes (that area isn't conducive to fixed area containers..)..

Anyway... as much as i have enjoyed reading/seeing others ideas and using them... i thought I would pass my own along....

D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How much does that thing weigh?
\
not sure... i mounted it myself about 3 months ago... i'd guess about 75lbs. Tough Country can tell you for sure.

between the bumper, and the winch... i was thinking it might sag a little... so i put the 2" spacers from Streetray's (Ebay - $26.95 for all 4) on the front... thinking I should probably go ahead and put them in the back also.... but didn't want it to ride stiffer, so haven't yet...

Reactions: pct and JTW
J

JTW

\
not sure... i mounted it myself about 3 months ago... i'd guess about 75lbs. Tough Country can tell you for sure.

between the bumper, and the winch... i was thinking it might sag a little... so i put the 2" spacers from Streetray's (Ebay - $26.95 for all 4) on the front... thinking I should probably go ahead and put them in the back also.... but didn't want it to ride stiffer, so haven't yet...
I like that bumper.. guess I'll have to look into those! There's a guy in Arkansas that has one for sale.. but he won't ship! I'd like to have it.. but I'm guessing by the time I got it shipped I could buy a new one with free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pct and Tigermark
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
found myself some leftover, bright, single LED's i used on my pickup awhile back... i had put some of these in my glovebox of my 1ton Chev... really helpful.. think i'm going to add a "normally off" spring switch in the glove box - and epoxy one of these on the top area of the glove box (keep it waterproof) to come on when i open the glovebox... will take a picture when done....

one other thing i did, i believe i stole from Jackal..., was a nice loud airhorn (inexpensive off of Amazon)... nice for scaring unsuspecting people :)

advertisement