Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Met up with a few (@nbomar , @Cuoutdoors , @JTW , @Kilo427 , @GlockMeister , @Landman , @BWAF ) this past weekend at SMORR .. good time was had and several of us had brought our kids so it was a loaded back kind of ride.
still managed to breakout the welder as my front SATV A arms broke the threads loose.. so far they have warranted both rears.

You can’t tell by the picture is the nut is there solid and the rest of the a arm has moved off the T ... I took some video of it for the warranty and then broke out the welder and Milwaukee tools

C3AF169C 0241 4158 8310 8984CEBDFAE3
46EE4D67 2BD0 4E12 B761 D36E60AC3F37

next noticed I’ll also be replacing a ball joint or all this week

FD588B8F C11D 4FC8 9E6C 28CC416E994D

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’m curious, I have my take on the KRX but what did you guys think?
I think the general opinion was positive. Granted only got to drive it a little bit so no opinion on how anything holds up long term but
  • Power steering was crazy good - yea who leads a list off with power steering but it is like a car/ truck
  • Engine braking - if you did not push the gas going down hill the machine would stop you
  • Acceleration was good, not as instant as a talon but difference between gears and belt
  • Climbs great, also came down a pretty good obstacle with ease
  • lots of room in the cab seats felt good
  • Stainless steel brake lines
  • Seats did not move smoothly
  • Getting the hood on is a PITA
  • A lot of little details here and there that were deigned into the machine - like the ROPS have holes for wire pass through, there is a channel from front to back to run wire if you need, the grill pops out so you can wash the radiator
Biggest thing is the value for the money I think - already has bead locks and tires that you wont have to replace right away. The wheels and tires are all the same size, trailing arms looked beefed up. Full doors.

Pretty quite machine as well... I mean not the exhaust but no chattering going down the trail... clutch definitely does not sound like the chatter of the Rzr's I have ridden in where it should like something is coming loose going down the trail

Last edited:
J

JTW

I think the general opinion was positive. Granted only got to drive it a little bit so no opinion on how anything holds up long term but
  • Power steering was crazy good - yea who leads a list off with power steering but it is like a car/ truck
  • Engine braking - if you did not push the gas going down hill the machine would stop you
  • Acceleration was good, not as instant as a talon but difference between gears and belt
  • Climbs great, also came down a pretty good obstacle with ease
  • lots of room in the cab seats felt good
  • Seats did not move smoothly
  • Getting the hood on is a PITA
  • A lot of little details here and there that were deigned into the machine - like the ROPS have holes for wire pass through, there is a channel from front to back to run wire if you need, the grill pops out so you can wash the radiator
Biggest thing is the value for the money I think - already has bead locks and tires that you wont have to replace right away. The wheels and tires are all the same size, trailing arms looked beefed up. Full doors.

Pretty quite machine as well... I mean not the exhaust but no chattering going down the trail... clutch definitely does not sound like the chatter of the Rzr's I have ridden in where it should like something is coming loose going down the trail
Yes!!
It’s nice that you don’t have to put another 5-10k into it to make it a into the machine we want for our type of riding!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I’m curious, I have my take on the KRX but what did you guys think?

I'd like to hear your take.

It's very well set up. Unfortunately it has a lot of things the talon should have had. I like the Low low option. Although I didn't try it in reverse I wonder if it does that? I like the big tires and beadlocks, and the power steering is IMPRESSIVE. There is no discernible difference in handling between 2wd and 4wd. Very smooth machine.

J

JTW

I'd like to hear your take.

It's very well set up. Unfortunately it has a lot of things the talon should have had. I like the Low low option. Although I didn't try it in reverse I wonder if it does that? I like the big tires and beadlocks, and the power steering is IMPRESSIVE. There is no discernible difference in handling between 2wd and 4wd. Very smooth machine.
X2!!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
S

Scott5150

Sep 8, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went through 2 amazon cheap subs that I had installed under the drivers seat - seems that they would handle the ride vibration fine but water got both. I said that if I ever replaced again I would replace with a wet sounds sub. I did not want to have the Sub in the floorboard as my son will still ride in the middle seat from time to time and no doubt something would happen. So I went with the 8" Wet sounds under the drivers seat. Yes it fits but it takes up all the room. Prior to ordering I even went an built a cardboard model to test fit.

It is still working after Takeover (and we went through a lot of water and mud) only thing I need to do is change some settings - I made all adjustments when the Honda was in the garage (it was cold outside) and I need to go back and adjust the Gain and bass boost when it is outside - both have lots of adjustment left. below are pics when first test fit
View attachment 73552 View attachment 73553
How is the AS-8 holding up under the seat? Do you get enough bass in this location? I have a friend that just installed the AS-10 on the floor board with the speaker facing the seat and it sounds awesome. I have the AS=10 and was hoping it would fit under the seat, but looks too tight. I greatly appreciate any feedback.

Reactions: Ragnar406
J

JTW

How is the AS-8 holding up under the seat? Do you get enough bass in this location? I have a friend that just installed the AS-10 on the floor board with the speaker facing the seat and it sounds awesome. I have the AS=10 and was hoping it would fit under the seat, but looks too tight. I greatly appreciate any feedback.
It sounded good.. I would think you could get the 10 in.. you just might have to take that side plastic off and spit in the tip. But he bought a KRX soooo it might get moved.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds good, you’re not going to get the 10” in there but the AS-8 fits good. I did not put in the middle floorboard due to my son wanting to sit in the middle vs the rear when the three of us would ride .. I would likely prefer it in the middle that way I could install the marine door for easy access to under the seat ... but if you want it out of sight like I did - under the seat is perfect. .. I ran it through plenty of water and some muddy areas , power washed the top off multiple times and it still works

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing and TripleB
S

Scott5150

Sep 8, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the quick reply’s!!

It sounds good, your not going to get the 10” in there but the AS-8 fits good. I did not put in the middle floorboard due to my son wanting to sit in the middle vs the rear when the three of us would ride .. I would likely prefer it in the middle that way I could install the marine door for easy access to under the seat ... but if you want it out of sight like I did under the seat is perfect. .. I ran it through plenty of water and some muddy areas , power washed the top off multiple times and it still works

S

Scott5150

Sep 8, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds good, your not going to get the 10” in there but the AS-8 fits good. I did not put in the middle floorboard due to my son wanting to sit in the middle vs the rear when the three of us would ride .. I would likely prefer it in the middle that way I could install the marine door for easy access to under the seat ... but if you want it out of sight like I did under the seat is perfect. .. I ran it through plenty of water and some muddy areas , power washed the top off multiple times and it still works

One last question I forgot to ask. How did you run the wire from the sub to under the hood? Also was there enough length on the wire or did you have to add to it? Thanks again!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One last question I forgot to ask. How did you run the wire from the sub to under the hood? Also was there enough length on the wire or did you have to add to it? Thanks again!
I actually bought a sub wire kit for a generic sub i had wired up prior to buying the Wet sounds sub.. so I ran those wires down through the the middle channel . I just hooked the WS sub to those wires and coiled up the extra WS wires Under the seat. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-Amplifier-Installation-Wiring/dp/B000FKP7TY?tag=sxsweb24-20

also there is a remote bass adjuster that takes 3.5mm plug and while running the sub power wire I also ran a 3.5mm extension wire so that I could unplug easy if needed.

Reactions: TripleB
S

Scott5150

Sep 8, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually bought a sub wire kit for a generic sub i had wired up prior to buying the Wet sounds sub.. so I ran those wires down through the the middle channel . I just hooked the WS sub to those wires and coiled up the extra WS wires Under the seat. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-Amplifier-Installation-Wiring/dp/B000FKP7TY?tag=sxsweb24-20

also there is a remote bass adjuster that takes 3.5mm plug and while running the sub power wire I also ran a 3.5mm extension wire so that I could unplug easy if needed.

Thank you for the information! Greatly appreciated.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!