Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Interesting comment, why do you say that? I have only replaced a fuel pump with a FUBAR design by BOSCH. A steel piston in a magnesium cylinder and housing, but it did pump over 23,000 gallons of biodiesel before it s*** the bed.

Had I been allowed to run regular #2 diesel with proper lubricity may not have failed. Thanks Obama
All of my customers used Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle. More fuel lubricity, better mileage, cetane booster.The Obama era low sulfur/lubricity fuel caused numerous injector failures and several fuel leaks from deteriorating rubber.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All of my customers used Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle. More fuel lubricity, better mileage, cetane booster.
I use that myself. Don’t know if it helps anything but I’ve heard good from our diesel guy

Reactions: Mopower58
Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use that myself. Don’t know if it helps anything but I’ve heard good from our diesel guy
It cuts down a little on the smoke also. I always used it in all my diesels and it is available a lot of places. Normally at least 1 more mile per gallon. With low sulfur diesel it definitely helps.Use it in our diesel tractors still.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It cuts down a little on the smoke also. I always used it in all my diesels and it is available a lot of places. Normally at least 1 more mile per gallon. With low sulfur diesel it definitely helps.Use it in our diesel tractors still.
Every tank ?

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes sir but it takes very little, I used to keep a bottle in the back of my truck, kept it secure with a bungee. I can't remember the exact amount but it was a few ounces per tank. I always over mixed it. You treat each tankful so the diesel has extra lubricity and benefits of the additive.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All of my customers used Diesel Kleene in the silver bottle. More fuel lubricity, better mileage, cetane booster.The Obama era low sulfur/lubricity fuel caused numerous injector failures and several fuel leaks from deteriorating rubber.
For all the money I spent on Diesel Kleene additive treating over 20,000 gal through that truck I could have paid for the CP4 pump. Not saying it didn't help, but it didn't prevent the pump from failing either.

Of note, I made a specific point of asking the mechanic if there was any rust, signs of contamination, etc. such as getting poor quality fuel. He said absolutely no signs of water, debris, rust etc. and that from looking at the teardown on everything but the CP4 pump mine was cleaner that most trucks with contaminated fuel with less than 40k miles on them. I said I changed all 3 fuel filters every 20K miles, he replied it shows that the truck has been very well maintained.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For all the money I spent on Diesel Kleene additive treating over 20,000 gal through that truck I could have paid for the CP4 pump. Not saying it didn't help, but it didn't prevent the pump from failing either.

Of note, I made a specific point of asking the mechanic if there was any rust, signs of contamination, etc. such as getting poor quality fuel. He said absolutely no signs of water, debris, rust etc. and that from looking at the teardown on everything but the CP4 pump mine was cleaner that most trucks with contaminated fuel with less than 40k miles on them. I said I changed all 3 fuel filters every 20K miles, he replied it shows that the truck has been very well maintained.
So you quit using diesel Kleene?

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Do you have the factory exhaust, DEF, egr and all that stuff....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I use the Howes diesel treatment. Used it all the time in my trucks. Never had a problem. When I was at Roush diesel Kleene had a 50-50 success rate in our trucks. We had a Chevy and one dodge and mostly Fords. We switched to Howes and never had injector issues so I’ve stuck with that. I guess it’s personal preference

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use the Howes diesel treatment. Used it all the time in my trucks. Never had a problem. When I was at Roush diesel Kleene had a 50-50 success rate in our trucks. We had a Chevy and one dodge and mostly Fords. We switched to Howes and never had injector issues so I’ve stuck with that. I guess it’s personal preference
My Cummins injector guy and Ford IDI injection pump guy sold Standadyne and Howes diesel additive.

Reactions: Remington
Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The BOSCH CP4 pump failure isn't limited to Ford, this just got published yesterday.

Lawsuit says GM sold trucks not compatible with U.S. diesel fuel

What's described in the story is exactly what happened to mine at 232k miles.
I think another problem with the CP4 in GM's was that thru year model 2016 they had no intank pump. They relied on the CP4 pump to pull the fuel up to it instead of it being fed by an intank pump. Funny that the article mentions VW and fuel mileage. I know several people with late model VW diesel powered cars and they routinely get 40-45 mpg checking it with a pen.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My Cummins injector guy and Ford IDI injection pump guy sold Standadyne and Howes diesel additive.
So what are you saying, that he just sold it or am I missing something?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was saying that he sold it and of course recommended it.
10-4 I’m a little slow at reading into what people mean when thy type. Thanks for the clarity

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I use Schaeffer's Diesel treat year around is it worth it? Probably not but makes feel better if it don't help the fuel system.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use Schaeffer's Diesel treat year around is it worth it? Probably not but makes feel better if it don't help the fuel system.
Well Diesel Kleene makes 2 different formulas but it doesn't get cold enough down here for the white/antigel formula. Most any kind of lubricity additive is good to use all the time. They are like trucks or anything else,everyone has their favorite and swears by it. So if what you are using works then stay with it,Diesel Kleene always worked for me and my customers.I know for a fact that Diesel Kleene improves mileage.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!