Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Pros and cons to different snorkel types?

Hood- cheap, easy, outside of cab so quieter. More prone to water ingestion going fast through water? can't mount lightbar at bottom of windshield

Behind the seat- don't know much about this, but potentially noisier? But good placement. However doesn't look as clean of an install with the flex tubing

Highlifter- best looking (to me) but maybe noisy, and most costly

Thinking about the highlifter

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Hood- cheap, easy, outside of cab so quieter. More prone to water ingestion going fast through water? can't mount lightbar at bottom of windshield

Behind the seat- don't know much about this, but potentially noisier? But good placement. However doesn't look as clean of an install with the flex tubing

Highlifter takes away you beer holder:oops:.
One on eBay replaces factory air tube and goes behind the seat. @Delton has it.

Reactions: Remington and adnoh
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just don't see how that flex tubing gets the volume you need through it.

* don't forget under the hook stealth snorkel.
Had thought about the stealth, but I like the visual of seeing where it is

Reactions: GlockMeister
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correction, highlifter takes away my passengers beer holder haha.

I dont mind that cause ill mount the new one they supply.
It'll block part of your switch panel I believe. I personally don't trust that factory down tube. Im in the process of working up a snorkel direct of the air box. If that falls through gonna go with the eBay one.

Reactions: adnoh
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Flow from factory is going to be much better than that flat flex tube.
The hood snorkel can be turned around backwards so no splash or rain. I think @CumminsPusher has his lighter mounted on the windshield.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I made mine out of 2" pvc a 2" coupling with some silicone fits perfect inside the lip on the stock air box then I cut a hole on the side of the fender/hood and ran it up the roll bar to just inside the roof. It was pretty cheap and easy to make. It does have a little growl inside when you punch it but it kinda sounds cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
B

Byrdman

May 21, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone toyed around with redo the tubing around the motor area? Looks just be some flex boots and stuff. It seems most try to reroute from under the hood, instead of tapping into the pipe that runs from the hood. I haven't really checked the feasibility of this myself. I noticed it yesterday when ripping out the seats and stuff to fabricate a bilge fan bracket.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Flow from factory is going to be much better than that flat flex tube.
The hood snorkel can be turned around backwards so no splash or rain. I think @CumminsPusher has his lighter mounted on the windshield.
I keep checking the inside down tube and everything seems fine. Don't worry about rain or anything like that as I haven't seen any real evidence of anything harmful. If a little water did make it into the tube I sure can't see it matter. It would take a whole bunch to suck up and be an issue. As noisy as the snorkel is I personally don't want that in the cabin. The filter has been super clean on every check so overall pretty happy with the snorkel

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I can't speak much for the other types but the "thru the hood" model.

Water ingesting? Don't worry, I've fully tested it. This is a still shot from one of my videos.....

Bd356562729031b764ff71beba300231

As for the light bar mount, talk to @CumminsPusher. He mounted his light bar in front of it.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Water ingesting? Don't worry, I've fully tested it. This is a still shot from one of my videos.....

View attachment 45225

As for the light bar mount, talk to @CumminsPusher. He mounted his light bar in front of it.

Looks like you're water skiing joey.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 45225

Oh that's what @ohanacreek was mentioning I was confused. The snorkel doesn't seem to mess with the light bar at all.
Here's a run with it

Reactions: Dragon21
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've dove into a creek (literally) from the bank and nail the rev limiter in 6th with ease (what airflow restriction?) Back to stock in few minutes without buying a single part. And best of all, no sign of water intrusion in airbox whatsoever. Still very happy with decision to install behind the seat type. Only downside was the price but not bad compared to the HL. And I'd like to see someone snag mine on a low lying limb lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've dove into a creek (literally) from the bank and nail the rev limiter in 6th with ease (what airflow restriction?) Back to stock in few minutes without buying a single part. And best of all, no sign of water intrusion in airbox whatsoever. Still very happy with decision to install behind the seat type. Only downside was the price but not bad compared to the HL. And I'd like to see someone snag mine on a low lying limb lol.
Those were great pictures coming off that bank!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've been running it for quite awhile now and no air flow problems at all. It was my biggest concern before i bought it. " How exactly does a posi-trac rear end on a plymouth work? It just does "
Love Joe dirt!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running it for quite awhile now and no air flow problems at all. It was my biggest concern before i bought it. " How exactly does a posi-trac rear end on a plymouth work? It just does "
Mine is probably around 18 months old if not more. I've put it back stock couple of times just for the hell of it. No difference.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!