P1000m5 different snorkel types

T

Tracy12345

Jan 6, 2019
TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
$23 from Napa. Stock rough filter will push right in the end. Adds about 8" height compared to stock inlet and also moves it to a safe spot verses right up front where water can easily splash in....View attachment 45389

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
How's this one working so far? It looks like you've had it on a while now. Any issues with water splash, etc?

T

Tracy12345

Jan 6, 2019
TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went the same route as @Macory. This was a good idea. Ordered the Gates hose from Amazon. They are up to $33 now. Picked up a pack of hose clamps from Advance Auto for $3. It took some effort to get the hose over the nipple but that's ok, it was a good tight fit. Liked about a 1/4" getting the hose pushed down all the way. Put the hose clamp on and stuffed the stock filter in the end. View attachment 56096View attachment 56097

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Seriously considering this. You still liking this setup? I'm also looking at the Snorkel Your ATV snorkel too.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seriously considering this. You still liking this setup? I'm also looking at the Snorkel Your ATV snorkel too.
No complaints so far.

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No complaints so far.

Just to be safe I put some holes near the end and put a couple pieces of coat hanger through it to keep the stock filter from getting sucked in.

M

Mjack138

May 26, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I can out of air box into 3" tee then reduced to 2 - 1.5" flex pipes that come up each side of air box. Use 2" x 3" female coupler coming out of air box. Used dremel to grind inside out to 2.5" so no loss in air flow. Used warrior risers for a finished look. Pics are from mock up. I did add a 3" rubber connection between air box and tee to make easier to remove for maintenance. A little trimming to air box cover and front panel of bed to allow snorkel to clear and every thing works good.

View attachment 51524 View attachment 51525 View attachment 51526
Here is a little better pic of snorkel.

View attachment 51527
Hi, I know this an old thread but I like your snorkel. I was hoping you could send me a few more pics of the routing you used for each of the hoses and what you had to trim off to make it all work.

K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went the same route as @Macory. This was a good idea. Ordered the Gates hose from Amazon. They are up to $33 now. Picked up a pack of hose clamps from Advance Auto for $3. It took some effort to get the hose over the nipple but that's ok, it was a good tight fit. Liked about a 1/4" getting the hose pushed down all the way. Put the hose clamp on and stuffed the stock filter in the end. View attachment 56096View attachment 56097

I really like this setup . Do you still have a link as to what hose you got off amazon ?

Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!