Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This looks like a likely destination for us.. Are there good trails there for our p500's?
Absolutely. Reservations should be done a couple weeks in summer a little more one big weekends You can ride to town if needed as well. The turnoff is approximately 20 prior to Kellogg. Beautiful area. We stay here 2-3 times a year. We're we normally stay is about 20 miles as the crow flies from here in st.maries can ride there as well. You ever come out this way yell and if we can make it we'd like too

Last edited:
Reactions: Rustell and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I still ride two strokes! This was back in the fall at a harescramble, 4th in Open-B and 24th overall.

Fj23mWt UCHlOuP

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I still ride two strokes! This was back in the fall at a harescramble, 4th in Open-B and 24th overall.

View attachment 32018 View attachment 32019

It's not a Honda so I'll say it quietly that's a great-looking bike. One of the only I haven't ridden however I did like the KTM 300 2smoker that was fun. Nice job on your finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
It's not a Honda so I'll say it quietly that's a great-looking bike. One of the only I haven't ridden however I did like the KTM 300 2smoker that was fun. Nice job on your finish!

Thanks, I actually sold an '07 KTM 300 xcw to get this bike. The Gas-Gas handles better and brakes better, but as of now I like the KTM motor better. It would pull harder off the bottom, the GG I have to clutch more. A lot of people have head work done on the GG's, maybe that's what mine needs.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks, I actually sold an '07 KTM 300 xcw to get this bike. The Gas-Gas handles better and brakes better, but as of now I like the KTM motor better. It would pull harder off the bottom, the GG I have to clutch more. A lot of people have head work done on the GG's, maybe that's what mine needs.

A Rekluse would help with that bottom pull have you considered? You can't possibly stall the bike I've had it tumble down heavy crap and it'd be sitting at the bottom on its side running but I've got mine setup where I still have clutch. Just love the hookup.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
I haven't given the Rekluse much consideration. The KTM had one on it, but I rode it and used the clutch like it wasn't there so occasionally it would give me a free pass when I would have messed up. When I'm just out casually riding there really isn't a power issue. It was during the harescramble when I was trying to power out of corners or accelerate up the climbs I noticed the "lack-of" that I used to have before. Oh well, with the money dropped in the pioneer there won't be any clutches or head mods on the GG for a while. lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I haven't given the Rekluse much consideration. The KTM had one on it, but I rode it and used the clutch like it wasn't there so occasionally it would give me a free pass when I would have messed up. When I'm just out casually riding there really isn't a power issue. It was during the harescramble when I was trying to power out of corners or accelerate up the climbs I noticed the "lack-of" that I used to have before. Oh well, with the money dropped in the pioneer there won't be any clutches or head mods on the GG for a while. lol

Same here. When we started doing the sxs thing the bikes haven't received much love. Cut off riding some too but still enjoying it. Hard to complete with power/weight ratio on a good bike the heart race isn't nearly as big but we sure seem to enjoy it

Reactions: eastenn
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My favorite dirt bike is my Yamaha 200 trailways. Has electric start and fat tire in back. Bought mine in 1988 and they still make the identical bike now, testimony on a great bike. Anyone out there ever had one?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I also put the bikes aside for the sxs when my youngest was born. But now they are dirt bike kids and love it. My wife is happy just worrying in the sxs. And just like that I'm living the dream again

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

That looks like something one of us would post! I'm a firm believer kids should grow up on bikes. I've seen what it does for kids not just mine it's kind of a big deal. Not to mention when you get on something with four wheels you've already got the respect down and you don't drive like an asshole.

Reactions: JTW and swsebek
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
IMG 20170131 222734753
Brother hooked me up with this banner this weekend, works at the Honda shop. Got a cr60, 125-2, 250-2 and 450-4 at dads house along with many others. 2- H2 bikes, CBX parts.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 32087 Brother hooked me up with this banner this weekend, works at the Honda shop. Got a cr60, 125-2, 250-2 and 450-4 at dads house along with many others. 2- H2 bikes, CBX parts.
You guys weren't shy with motors way back were ya?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
[QUOTE="CumminsPusher

The 230 is the most bullet proof bike out there period. My wife's has 12k+ on it with only brakes tires and fork seals. It's very good and many people have learned on it. We bought a second just for friends and family and it gets beat. I love my bike but I'll ride the 230 happily it loves the woods and will always get you home. The 150 is also a really good bike. These are both end of world reliability. My ONLY issue is electric start only that bugs me and I don't mess around anymore we just buy new batteries every spring but at 12$ eBay not a biggie.
15k on my bored over 250x so it's not bad but has had some more work. Valves are titanium as you know but easy to fix by stainless steel. A Rekluse clutch made it awesome to follow kids.[/QUOTE]

Well I gave the 230 a few rides but my riding area and my ass are to big for it.I picked up this beast for penny's and I did some work to it.Mostly just TLC and Some much needed preventative maintenance.I have a 250 which does most of what I ask but Big Bores are a blast.its a 09 450.I don't have it back together yet.I changed the plastics and graphics yesterday.Should have fork seals done tonight and still waiting on new radiator hoses.

IMG 0957 IMG 1149 IMG 1154

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
[QUOTE="CumminsPusher

The 230 is the most bullet proof bike out there period. My wife's has 12k+ on it with only brakes tires and fork seals. It's very good and many people have learned on it. We bought a second just for friends and family and it gets beat. I love my bike but I'll ride the 230 happily it loves the woods and will always get you home. The 150 is also a really good bike. These are both end of world reliability. My ONLY issue is electric start only that bugs me and I don't mess around anymore we just buy new batteries every spring but at 12$ eBay not a biggie.
15k on my bored over 250x so it's not bad but has had some more work. Valves are titanium as you know but easy to fix by stainless steel. A Rekluse clutch made it awesome to follow kids.

Well I gave the 230 a few rides but my riding area and my ass are to big for it.I picked up this beast for penny's and I did some work to it.Mostly just TLC and Some much needed preventative maintenance.I have a 250 which does most of what I ask but Big Bores are a blast.its a 09 450.I don't have it back together yet.I changed the plastics and graphics yesterday.Should have fork seals done tonight and still waiting on new radiator hoses.

View attachment 36953 View attachment 36954 View attachment 36955[/QUOTE]

Ya that's a beast. That's going to look really great

Reactions: sharp and swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1227
IMG 1211
Well I got it all back together and fired up just fine.Im very pleased with the power. Now I have snow on the way and this guy won't get off it.Thinks its for him. Come on Summer get here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!