Reactions: sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife is realy wanting a new bike. We are both thinking either the ttr230 or the crf 230. Just wondering if any one has ridden or owned both. Opinions on either

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do the CRF ! We have two and totally Bullet proof. The yami isn't bad we've had them as well but they aren't as dependable overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and Delton
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do the CRF ! We have two and totally Bullet proof. The yami isn't bad we've had them as well but they aren't as dependable overall

Dependability is important. But she is more concerned with seat height cause she's pretty short and wants witch ever one has more power

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know you have the crf and love it. But have you ridden the Yamaha?

We have owned several and the linkage and bearings don't hold as well and the carb seems like you dink around on often. Between us and our friends we ride with we've had over 50 bikes. I can show pictures of us swapping parts from the blue ines to make one run. That's NEVER happened with the crf230

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dependability is important. But she is more concerned with seat height cause she's pretty short and wants witch ever one has more power

Ttr was a little taller but both are very close in power. Yami had a little more top the Honda more grunt.

Reactions: sharp and popeye
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll tell you exactly how much luck we've had with the 230. My boy who can outride anyone I know in the woods STILL does it on a 230. He's 6ft3 185 and doesn't f*** around.
Here's my daughters 110 then my 250x that's all bored out with very heavy mods (450 killer in the woods) then his 230. It sits taller then mine lol and he crushes me. But...look closely at his. Front upside down forks rear swing arm motor work it's bad ass!
He's damn fun to ride with in the woods but being 18 and starting at 3 he's tough for the old man (43 now lol) to stay up with
IMG 9224
IMG 9225
IMG 9226

I'll say yami does a good bike and all the jap bikes are very close but for dependability we fully rely on the CRF. Over and over they've been there. Just don't leave us stranded. For an occasional rider that really keeps stuff up I suppose anything would be fine but look at how ours are kept during the winter and realize in a month all will fire and be ready to go. It's hard to not brag about them lol

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 38155
He is 3.5 yrs and this is his
God that stuff makes me smile!!! Kids should learn on bikes and I appreciate families that raise a kid like that gives them respect and confidence. Makes a family closer.
Mine are all grown up but still jump at the opportunity to help a little one! Come on grandkids!!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wanted to see what was available used around me in the crf or ttr. People dont get rid of their hondas. Closest one is in Portland OR 3 hours away.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wanted to see what was available used around me in the crf or ttr. People dont get rid of their hondas. Closest one is in Portland OR 3 hours away.

We normally have to go several hundred miles to get one at decent price. There's a reason. We've gotten a couple CRF's off of the Res because they are always cheap(beaten and battered) but always run

Reactions: Shannon840
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Made me look through old pictures. Don't have many from way back but this was my baby 10 years ago. She started riding gas quad at about 1 1 1/2 but from just a couple months old rode with me for 1000's of miles on my 250. Miss that19c0c368723bb31c995fd0befb202a9c
Here's family and friends swapping over 3 bikes to make the best one for her. Hers broke down hours before this and we weren't having it. There was one for sale close with good motor went bought it and started the three bike swap. She was down 4 hours was all.
6c312179217cb2150bfbed45a24c6204
Old days lol
180cd602cdb381e63e154904f05970e4
Makes ya sad they grow up. Do all you can before it's too late the pretty house and yard can wait!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cummins you are correct....Some of the best memories I have are with my brother and me were always on our bikes.My dad rode and xr 500 and my mom xr 250.Me and my brother rode our bikes to death...And the respect you get from speed and handeling is greater when learned on 2 wheels.I know how fast these kids grow up so I thought this year we all ride.I got my daughter the 70 and the boy the 50.My wife wants to ride but is not 2 wheel prone.o_OWhen I see your pics of you guys it reminds me of the good ole days I used to have as a kid.And makes me want to give mine what I was givin so many years ago.........

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4

Another great Honda I looked at and rode was the crf150.....The bike height is nice and the power will surprise you.My wife is tiny and the 230 was to big but the 150 was more for the vertically challenge.You also can change the linkage to shorten the 230 or any crf honda.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cummins you are correct....Some of the best memories I have are with my brother and me were always on our bikes.My dad rode and xr 500 and my mom xr 250.Me and my brother rode our bikes to death...And the respect you get from speed and handeling is greater when learned on 2 wheels.I know how fast these kids grow up so I thought this year we all ride.I got my daughter the 70 and the boy the 50.My wife wants to ride but is not 2 wheel prone.o_OWhen I see your pics of you guys it reminds me of the good ole days I used to have as a kid.And makes me want to give mine what I was givin so many years ago.........

I didn't grow up on bikes my parents were never there but one year my dad bought a couple snowmobiles and my brother and us went out about 8 or 10 times. Best memories I had and pretty much the only good ones. I bought my first bike cheap and ride some with a friend had fun. We went to Odessa that's a big dirt bike event and I noticed all the families riding together. Came back that weekend sold my old Barracuda and everything I had. Pulled my selfish head from my ass and bought a cheap motor home and a bike for my oldest. That was awesome. We sold the house bought cheaper house and within a year we were all riding good equipment, even my wife who said she'd never ride was riding. NO REGRETS!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't grow up on bikes my parents were never there but one year my dad bought a couple snowmobiles and my brother and us went out about 8 or 10 times. Best memories I had and pretty much the only good ones. I bought my first bike cheap and ride some with a friend had fun. We went to Odessa that's a big dirt bike event and I noticed all the families riding together. Came back that weekend sold my old Barracuda and everything I had. Pulled my selfish head from my ass and bought a cheap motor home and a bike for my oldest. That was awesome. We sold the house bought cheaper house and within a year we were all riding good equipment, even my wife who said she'd never ride was riding. NO REGRETS!

Thats awesome!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had dirt bikes as a kid but not too many as an adult. Ill see if I can find that one pic of me on my dt60. It was taken around 1970 lol. My last was a YZ465. Only bike I've ever owned that actually scared the s*** out of me lol. Those old big bore 2 strokes only had 2 power modes....Idling and wide open. Literally impossible to keep front wheel down first 4 gears at wot lol. It was a monster. Fun but still a monster.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's a bike I've never seen! Rode a cr500 for short and I thought that was pretty good but he had it all done up as a woods bike hooked up well actually for a big two smoke.

Reactions: Delton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!