Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's a bike I've never seen! Rode a cr500 for short and I thought that was pretty good but he had it all done up as a woods bike hooked up well actually for a big two smoke.
He probably had a big flywheel on it for the woods? If so it really tames them down. Mine wouldve totally sucked in the woods. It bogged bad at lower rpms. And when it hit it's power band, it was more like an explosion. It either spun or wheelied. I heard the newer 2 strokes were alot smoother. Hated to see them almost disappear. I'm still looking for that pic lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
He probably had a big flywheel on it for the woods? If so it really tames them down. Mine wouldve totally sucked in the woods. It bogged bad at lower rpms. And when it hit it's power band, it was more like an explosion. It either spun or wheelied. I heard the newer 2 strokes were alot smoother. Hated to see them almost disappear. I'm still looking for that pic lol

It had heavy flywheel and geared but also had enough grunt you could stab it at any time and would pull hard there wasn't that hesitation that many two's have in the lower r's. It was fun not mine so I never gave it hell though.
Honda is supposed to be bringing a clean bad ass two stroke back but I've not heard anything in a bit. Was supposed to give the ktm 300 some serious competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The most dangerous bike I ever rode was my stepsons little KX60 lol. It was so small it was hard to take it seriously. But if you caught the gears just right, it was a wheelie machine lol. It put me on my back more than once lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The most dangerous bike I ever rode was my stepsons little KX60 lol. It was so small it was hard to take it seriously. But if you caught the gears just right, it was a wheelie machine lol. It put me on my back more than once lol
I loved riding my kids cr80 but the most fun was a crf150rb. That thing had nuts. There's two motocross tracks where we go and I made much better time on the short track with that. I'm religious though about riding the right size bike you just get hurt too easily on too big or too small and that could get away from you. Look that bike up though it's bad ass. The dealer I deal with builds the 150 and drops 250 goods in it with electric start truly a beast

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I loved riding my kids cr80 but the most fun was a crf150rb. That thing had nuts. There's two motocross tracks where we go and I made much better time on the short track with that. I'm religious though about riding the right size bike you just get hurt too easily on too big or too small and that could get away from you. Look that bike up though it's bad ass. The dealer I deal with builds the 150 and drops 250 goods in it with electric start truly a beast
Cool I'll check it out later. Time to go play with metal tubing in sub freezing temps yay!! Lol.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cool I'll check it out later. Time to go play with metal tubing in sub freezing temps yay!! Lol.

No matter still fun to play with steel!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hell yeh I had a 465 with no kickstarter, we would pull it with my brothers Tri Z to start it....I had a 84 Yz490 with 4 gears that critter was insane too. You couldn't keep it on the track.man when the early 90s suspension came out, that was a blessing

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hell yeh I had a 465 with no kickstarter, we would pull it with my brothers Tri Z to start it....I had a 84 Yz490 with 4 gears that critter was insane too. You couldn't keep it on the track.man when the early 90s suspension came out, that was a blessing
Some days I wished mine hadn't had a kick starter lol. My right shin barely had any meat left on it from it kicking back. I finally figured out using a little starting fluid made the process less painful lol.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Some days I wished mine hadn't had a kick starter lol. My right shin barely had any meat left on it from it kicking back. I finally figured out using a little starting fluid made the process less painful lol.

My buddy last year broke his foot starting his yzf426. Bought that for the woods. He's now looking for a woods bike lol

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My buddy last year broke his foot starting his yzf426. Bought that for the woods. He's now looking for a woods bike lol

I had one of those about 8 years ago. Way to much bike for me in tight hilly trails. And to short of geared for the dirt roads.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I had one of those about 8 years ago. Way to much bike for me in tight hilly trails. And to short of geared for the dirt roads.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Too much bike and not enough at the same time. The guy would be showing off on flat ground and crashing in the woods. He just didn't get it and got hurt several times he was that guy. I didn't like him training his own kids. Constantly overheating in trails and riding with his kids. Sold it looking for 250 now

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4

Had the 99 yz 400.It was the last bike I raced.It was a great bike but you stall it and you may as well just walk away cause you have to kick em to death.And you better be on the compression stroke or they bite you.Big bores are for the exsperienced riders who can manage the throttle.My next bike will be a 2015 crf 250 soon as my cousin is done with it. He races A class and is insanely fast.We need to start a photo thread of old bikes we've had.It brings back the memories.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Had the 99 yz 400.It was the last bike I raced.It was a great bike but you stall it and you may as well just walk away cause you have to kick em to death.And you better be on the compression stroke or they bite you.Big bores are for the exsperienced riders who can manage the throttle.My next bike will be a 2015 crf 250 soon as my cousin is done with it. He races A class and is insanely fast.We need to start a photo thread of old bikes we've had.It brings back the memories.

I agree with the thread. Every time I hear dirt bikes my mind goes back to some good times. Ain't nothing like a dirt squirter especially to see lil ones progress

Reactions: swsebek and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not a bike guy but about 10-15 years ago I used to ride quads and a buddy always tagged along on his Honda 600. I don't remember the exact model of the bike, I only remember Honda and 600. The guy was about 230lbs so he seemed like he could handle the bike ok. I took it for a spin and after about 5 minutes I was scared and gave it back to him. Of course, back then I was only 145ish. It wasn't bad putting around and he had already told me to be easy on the throttle. I thought I'd run it down the road and gun it, it lifted the front at 70mph. I shut it down quick

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm not a bike guy but about 10-15 years ago I used to ride quads and a buddy always tagged along on his Honda 600. I don't remember the exact model of the bike, I only remember Honda and 600. The guy was about 230lbs so he seemed like he could handle the bike ok. I took it for a spin and after about 5 minutes I was scared and gave it back to him. Of course, back then I was only 145ish. It wasn't bad putting around and he had already told me to be easy on the throttle. I thought I'd run it down the road and gun it, it lifted the front at 70mph. I shut it down quick

" jak9922" lmfao grilling hotdogs on a stick over an open popo hahahahaha

Probably xr600. That's a Harley on the dirt lol.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
God that stuff makes me smile!!! Kids should learn on bikes and I appreciate families that raise a kid like that gives them respect and confidence. Makes a family closer.
Mine are all grown up but still jump at the opportunity to help a little one! Come on grandkids!!
I am waiting on my grand baby to grow a little, she is 17months old now and can't wait to buy her the crf50 with training wheels. Both of my girls grew up on Honda dirt bikes, starting with xr50 with training wheels then xr70, then xr100, next was the xr200, that's as far as the girls progressed along with their mom, my last bike was a crf250x. I sure miss the bike days but since a 420rancher accident breaking 3 vertebrae in my back, the ole pioneer is keeping me young until the talon comes along.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I am waiting on my grand baby to grow a little, she is 17months old now and can't wait to buy her the crf50 with training wheels. Both of my girls grew up on Honda dirt bikes, starting with xr50 with training wheels then xr70, then xr100, next was the xr200, that's as far as the girls progressed along with their mom, my last bike was a crf250x. I sure miss the bike days but since a 420rancher accident breaking 3 vertebrae in my back, the ole pioneer is keeping me young until the talon comes along.

You know I hate suggesting other brands but when one fits and does a better job it needs credit. The biggest thing we learned about getting kids riding young and building quick confidence is to start them better 2-3 and do it on a pw50. It's so much lighter and easier to control.
Prior we started them on xr50 and was a struggle for many and always a bit scary. The trainers work good on both but usually get left on a while and s***ty on anything but flat ground. She putted but it would tip spin the back tire then catch. She struggled. My daughter kept tipping over and having issues. Once she got her leg stuck she was done. I was crushed seeing this because she was so excited to get off of four wheels and be like her family. She just sat there with that look and didn't even want to ride with me. We did what we do and next weekend surprised her with the people in the woods, we just "found it" with balloons on it. It took an hour till she was riding. Two wheels. Was incredible. These bikes hold there sale and live forever. We taught probably 10 kids who have since moved on. Love that bike for the little ones!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!