BOX1

Does Honda really want to sell side x sides???

H

HondaTech

Wow! 40k? That on a pioneer? What model year is that? Maybe I missed it, what was your maintenance experience during that time?

I’ve owned 2 Polaris rzr’s an 800s for 8k and rzr 1000 for 11k and they are pretty much a 10k mile machine. They start wearing out, needing primary and secondary clutches and other issues. I tell my riding buddies that my talon is a 20k mile or more machine. Coming up on 6k and it’s holding up fine.

Ive seen several Honda atvs with 10k, 15k, and evern 25K miles. Thos3 machines were mostly farm work machines.

I had 2 customers with 3 seat P1Ks that were over 6k miles and never did a thing but service them appropriately. That was 4 years ago, id love to see what they've got now.

Spankynip

Spankynip

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2021
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon X
My cousin ordered a Talon X last month. It will not be arriving until sometime in July. He thinks it's orange. LOL. Only time I ever seen someone order a machine and hope they like the color when it arrives. He is also dealing with a Honda Powersports dealer. Not sure what is going on.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I can promise after the past 1.5 years of this, if the economy keeps going the majority of OEM's will ditch "just on time" supply chain..... for a little while until some group of jackwagons forget about 2020/2021 and think 5S and 6 sigma are a good idea!!
We can't dump the just in time business model every college educated bean counter, knows lean business, with no warehouses, no customer service, and lots of unattainable warranty's is the only way to make money in the modern economy. 👎👎👎
I hope it will turn around in the future where we go back to making better products with better customer support, it doesn't hurt to dream.

NielsC

NielsC

Nov 28, 2019
Prescott, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From where I’m at my answer to my own question is a solid NO. Ive been on a list to buy a Talon 4x since January. I have called dealerships as far as three states away in a 360 degree circle and no one has one or knows when one will be delivered and the waiting lists are averaging about 14 deep.
Do you people live in a vacumn? The World has been shut down. Dealers are not receiving inventory. Ships are not being offloaded or loaded. There are no trucks to transport essentials such as fuel and you people think it is Honda’s fault? Wake up.

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Anything with 2 or 4 wheels is in short supply. Just try to buy a bike or a pickup truck. The dealership where I bought my tundra had 3 rows of pickups when I bought mine 2 years ago... probably 150 trucks. I took it back for service and they had zero...ZERO! I was in Academy Sports today and their bike isle was about 10% full. Only kids bikes

It all reminds me of what I read about the Soviet Union before the fall of communism there in the 80's.

P

powerfitz

Nov 11, 2014
From where I’m at my answer to my own question is a solid NO. Ive been on a list to buy a Talon 4x since January. I have called dealerships as far as three states away in a 360 degree circle and no one has one or knows when one will be delivered and the waiting lists are averaging about 14 deep.
So it’s just Honda with this problem?? Look around, I’m in the POWERSPORTS Business on the other side selling to OEM’s and dealers. Our supply chain is very low right now. Hard to sell something I don’t have. Have u looked at FORD that shut down production because of not be able to finish a car on the line. Its not just Honda, go to Polaris, BRP whoever, and they will tell u the same that your hearing from Honda. It SUCKS

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I placed my pre-order for a 1000 x4 live valve about six in a half weeks ago. Supposed to hear from my dealership this coming week on when it should arrive.

I've called hundreds of dealerships, the 4 seaters are impossible to find right now. Hoping my x4 LV shows up next week per schedule.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Out of those hundreds of call did you call Honda of Brookhaven in Ms.?

MAJspoon

MAJspoon

Lifetime Member
Jan 9, 2020
Cadiz, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I agree can't get 41k miles out of a set of tires on them.
View attachment 269509

First world problems when you can't buy toys with your $6k of stimulus money. Real Honda fans had their machine before pandemic and sales for Hondas SXS went up 150% over 2019 sales.
Thats the truth, I bought my 2019 Talon X in Jan 2020 for $14999 OTD because it was a left over model. I cant believe the current prices.

Sted1201

Sted1201

Jan 4, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've been told its not parts issue atm, it's getting them to the dealers.

That and they think South Carolina running 2 shifts, 5 days a week is 100%. In my book, thats normal shifts.

You can think the puppet for making it perfectly fine to not work, sit on your ass and get government money.
I live 30 miles from the factory, we can’t get them either. My buddy works for the factory where they make them, they are sweeping and cleaning the factory to find things to do. The factory isn’t running due to supply.

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any company running a 5S type supply chain program have been hit hard. I'm sure honda wants to make as many as they can. But supply chains are broken with alternate supply already spoken for...
We already seen this with the Pioneer coming with off brand tires.

Things like tires can be easily exchanged. Primary and critical parts can not.

Question is not...
how many can they build..
Its...
What can they build today.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Exactly.
Toyota production system & just in time delivery does not work in times like these.
Hopefully this will create a “reset” with how manufacturers operate.

DenMachine

DenMachine

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2020
Wisconsin/Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hate reading stuff like this. Reason, have one ever checked the other competitive machines out before writing this? (I've just checked out the local Polaris and other's dealers inventory out... Yep there is NO inventory ... Period!)

Did one try to order a new Truck or Auto from a dealer lately? Yep..... all it takes is just ONE Sensor on Back Order, and your new vehicle will be on Back Order also...

Hey guys.... My Honda dealer who normally has 30 plus machines has just a few today.

This is Covid times.... For better or Worse. Get used to it.... Try ordering a Refrig or Freezer..... OK?

Times will get better, but for now, Please Please don't badmouth a certain Company... I love my new 1000-5. But had to find it at my Local Honda Dealer on Consignment.... (this was summer of 2000, and only ONLY machine in inventory there! _) I won the lottery with this buy. 40k machine for pennies on the dollar... But was my only Honda ether in Wisconsin or Arizona where I checked)

Please be careful what we post. OK?

Reactions: HBarlow and Biteme
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
Anything with 2 or 4 wheels is in short supply. Just try to buy a bike or a pickup truck. The dealership where I bought my tundra had 3 rows of pickups when I bought mine 2 years ago... probably 150 trucks. I took it back for service and they had zero...ZERO! I was in Academy Sports today and their bike isle was about 10% full. Only kids bikes

It all reminds me of what I read about the Soviet Union before the fall of communism there in the 80's.
except here its the dawn of communism!

H

HondaTech

I live 30 miles from the factory, we can’t get them either. My buddy works for the factory where they make them, they are sweeping and cleaning the factory to find things to do. The factory isn’t running due to supply.

Well then Honda is lying to dealers.

Reactions: Biteme
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
Do you people live in a vacumn? The World has been shut down. Dealers are not receiving inventory. Ships are not being offloaded or loaded. There are no trucks to transport essentials such as fuel and you people think it is Honda’s fault? Wake up.
when we go into town we either just miss or hit a train either coming or going. have not seen or heard a train in months and months and months!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Biteme and Farmer
M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Didn't someone mention they had tents filled with them outside temporarily until they can get tires and other stuff to finish them? Also they couldn't get any wiring harness to even start building new ones? Let's hope this supply shortage doesn't last much longer.

Reactions: Biteme
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't someone mention they had tents filled with them outside temporarily until they can get tires and other stuff to finish them? Also they couldn't get any wiring harness to even start building new ones? Let's hope this supply shortage doesn't last much longer.
Yes, and some one said if we wear 2 masks we won't get Covid and if we wear 2 bathing suits we can pee in the pool.
Problem is, what is the truth and what gets repeated because it's a good story?
I could claim I know somthing but if I can't post a picture of the tents around back of the honda factory I'm just another poser repeating fake news.

Picture of me peeing in the pool:
Download

CDeeRON

CDeeRON

May 6, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I've been debating on flying my drone around the factory. Maybe I'll get time in the next couple days. My dealer got some fleet units from Kawasaki and one CRF 250 yesterday. Maybe Sted1201 can ask his buddy that works there to snap a photo as well.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've been debating on flying my drone around the factory. Maybe I'll get time in the next couple days. My dealer got some fleet units from Kawasaki and one CRF 250 yesterday. Maybe Sted1201 can ask his buddy that works there to snap a photo as well.
The last photos posted on here that were taken around the factory resulted in people being served subpoenas. Good luck with that. 🤣

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!