BOX1

Does Honda really want to sell side x sides???

CDeeRON

CDeeRON

May 6, 2019
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
The last photos posted on here that were taken around the factory resulted in people being served subpoenas. Good luck with that. 🤣

According to that post the pictures were from inside the facility. Airspace is un restricted around the factory and I'll be on public property. Maybe I'll pose as PRESS doing a story on COVID-19 and impacts to supply chains. lol

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We've been told its not parts issue atm, it's getting them to the dealers.

That and they think South Carolina running 2 shifts, 5 days a week is 100%. In my book, thats normal shifts.

You can think the puppet for making it perfectly fine to not work, sit on your ass and get government money.
BINGO! Nearly EVERYTHING is in short supply due to covid...... BUT actually not due to covid, but rather to the stupidity shown by government leaders around the world but esp here in America. From the first day they started shutting down our national economy I said ........ "long after folks get over the death count, they will still be complaining about the economy". Only FOOLS would have considered KILLING the nationally economy to attempt keeping folks from dying. Dying is a fact of life. Those folks are still dead and our national economy is on life support. Add to that all the govt give away money to keep workers at home.

Bought lumber lately???? There is no shortage of TREES, but it takes workers, trucks, fuel, tools, etc to get the trees out of the woods to the mills. Then the same problem at the mills, then problem of trucking to distribution, then to stores. The nation would have been 1000 times better of if NOTHING had been shut down.

Last edited:
K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From where I’m at my answer to my own question is a solid NO. Ive been on a list to buy a Talon 4x since January. I have called dealerships as far as three states away in a 360 degree circle and no one has one or knows when one will be delivered and the waiting lists are averaging about 14 deep.
You are being screwed by the supply chain disruption thanks to the China Virus. everybody was forced home, bought computers, remodeled kitchens, built new homes, bought more phones and interruptions in production with positive tests drove silicone semiconductor chips demand way out of supply. Try buying an appliance, a new car, anything with a digital brain and it is a wait, just like you are experiencing. Someone needs to build s "70's" version Talon with a coil, points and condenser and no electronics.

H

HondaTech

BINGO! Nearly EVERYTHING is in short supply due to covid...... BUT actually not due to covid, but rather to the stupidity shown by government leaders around the world but esp here in America. From the first day they started shutting down our national economy I said ........ "long after folks get over the death count, they will still be complaining about the economy". Only FOOLS would have considered KILLING the nationally economy to attempt keeping folks from dying. Dying is a fact of life. Those folks are still dead and our national economy is on life support. Add to that all the govt give away money to keep workers at home.

Bought lumber lately???? There is no shortage of TREES, but it takes workers, trucks, fuel, tools, etc to get the trees out of the woods to the mills. Then the same problem at the mills, then problem of trucking to distribution, then to stores. The nation would have been 1000 times better of if NOTHING had been shut down.

They got what they wanted, a puppet in the white house and everyone depending on the government.

The virus was never the reason for what happened.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
From where I’m at my answer to my own question is a solid NO.
You are correct sir, they probably are not even turning a profit from them.

Honda discontinued lawn tractors, here in the USA, after 12 years when they broke even.

Sted1201

Sted1201

Jan 4, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With all these shortages it's reminding me of what I used to read about in the old Soviet Union. This isn't just Honda, it's everywhere.
I’m sure the Russians were laughing their butts off at us standing in line for toilet paper, just like we laughed at them in the 80’s. My how the world has flipped.
I live close to the Honda factory and know many employees. They say no end in sight at the moment for their supplies, the shortage continues......

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
There’s 4 talon x4’s and 6 talon x2’s plus 3 talon R2’s at the local dealer.

palmer Alaska isn’t very close to anywhere though 😂

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
There’s 4 talon x4’s and 6 talon x2’s plus 3 talon R2’s at the local dealer.

palmer Alaska isn’t very close to anywhere though 😂
Are you still talking to your dealer?😡

• Haha
Reactions: Biteme
mcpeak61

mcpeak61

Jan 10, 2022
Mountain Home Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I bought mine out of Marshall, TX. I live over 4 hours from there. I think the next closest was about 500 miles further. Disclaimer: we travel almost 700 miles to ride at Cloud 9 Ranch. It is worth it all!!! Lol
Put 32's on it today.

View attachment 269446
I ride Cloud 9 every weekend, would like to meet up next time you're there.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Really cant blame RON AYERS and i know your not.I want some jimmy deans sausage no luck.So far have not had to wipe with a leaf.
Nope, not blaming them at all. Just stating the facts: I am sick of waiting on Ron Ayers to ship me my shocks. :D

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am betting fox outsourced some parts to china and they are in a container.I guess many should think like Henry Ford and build every part to build a car.Shocks also.They dont have your shocks.I had them split my shocks and installed the rears i hope the fronts work miracles not feeling warm and fuzzy about the backs.Food for thought .

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yes, again, I could have them ship the the rears now, but if I need to cancel the order, I would have to pay a restocking fee unless I'm cancelling the ENTIRE order. Let's say I get sick of waiting and decide to order some Elka's ... I'm screwed if I have received the rear Fox shocks already.

It's the dead of winter here and a few months until spring. I have no problem with them holding my rear shocks until the front shocks show up.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!