P1000 Does yours?

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
... try to tip over while cornering quick? I know, I know... silly question when speeding lol. Truth is I'm surprised that it does not drift well at all. The Polaris Rangers at work at least drift, and are capable of spinning a doughtnut. This 1000-5 deluxe, wants to just roll over, and forget about trail riding with the guys that have RZR's and Mavericks and trying to keep up, with having to slow down so much for every little turn and curve. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice or not. I need it for property management, but I still like to play, which is why I went with the 1000cc Honda. I can't help but feel like the auto leveling is some how playing a part in not allowing it to drift any corners under any circumstances.

Anyone else experience this?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.

Learning the machine is a big part of knowing its limits. As you begin to get a feel for it you will become less cautious and start to drive it more like you are looking for.

My 700 would even spin donuts. The 1000 completely kills it. But like all, you have have the risk of catching traction and going over. Condition is the main factor.

Give it some time. After your oil change it will start to be broke in. It will quite down with all the gear shift bang and gear noise.
At 200+ you want think it's the same machine.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These are not razrs... I do alot of high speed gravel and have had zero issues with cornering. But at only 47 miles you really haven't had time to get a feel for it. No one's questioning your driving ability. Just need more time in the saddle to acclimate to the machine.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These are not razrs... I do alot of high speed gravel and have had zero issues with cornering. But at only 47 miles you really haven't had time to get a feel for it. No one's questioning your driving ability. Just need more time in the saddle to acclimate to the machine.
You need to get that first scratch and dent. Then you will be able to push it like it should.

Ya. That about sums it up.

Lol... I already had it on its side. Mine does not slide, it just tips. Within the first 20 minutes of having it home we were seeing just how effective the Front diff lock was by climbing a stump with the front passenger tire... lol on its side she went, but no damage.

As far as "feeling it" on the gravel road, it will not do a doughnut on my gravel road without being on two wheels trying to tip over.
When I'm on 2 wheels, its about to tip lol. I grew up racing motorcross, and also used to race dirt track. I'm not a novice driver here haha.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just saying that I was not having any issues keeping up except for the darn corners... This machine sucks in every single turning scenario I have put in front of it so far. Maybe something is wrong with my auto level deal, as it makes a lot of noise.

advertisement
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tell me about your shocks making noise!
My auto leveling is quite. Or at least I think it is. I haven't heard it anyways.
Mine makes a clunking sound, and you can feel it almost jerk when conrnering hard... I figured it was normal for it, as a lot of youtube videos describe the clunking sound as the shocks holding position on the rebound to compensate for the weight changes?

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could be your front end alignment, my p1kd was toed out and handle like crap on the first few rides until I discovered the alignment problem. I aligned it and what a difference. I had a CanAm Maverick and I'm here to tell you this Pioneer is a much better handling and all around machine. I now have 3500 miles on it and it just continues to get better each time I take it out. The best thing you can do for your Pioneer is check/adjust your alignment and drive it.

P

pltuls

Oct 21, 2016
Liberal, KS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's the tires. The bighorn 2.0 bite really hard when cornering. Had them on my Wildcat and hated them. Tried regular bighorn and night and day difference. Ended up with tensors which was even better

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll check out the alignment this coming weekend. I hope to not need different tires too soon, but I will if it makes it more fun!

Reactions: JTW
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol... I already had it on its side. Mine does not slide, it just tips. Within the first 20 minutes of having it home we were seeing just how effective the Front diff lock was by climbing a stump with the front passenger tire... lol on its side she went, but no damage.

As far as "feeling it" on the gravel road, it will not do a doughnut on my gravel road without being on two wheels trying to tip over.
When I'm on 2 wheels, its about to tip lol. I grew up racing motorcross, and also used to race dirt track. I'm not a novice driver here haha.
If you want to do a good donut in the gravel make sure you have it in 2 wheel lock and not turf.

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to do a good donut in the gravel make sure you have it in 2 wheel lock and not turf.

I like doing it in 4wd on the quads... once it grabs it does perfect 360's haha. I tried it in 2wd locked though... she didn't like it

Reactions: Hondasxs
1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Pioneer is not a RZR, it that's what you're looking for you bought the wrong rig.

Reactions: JTW
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Pioneer is not a RZR, it that's what you're looking for you bought the wrong rig.

I had no interest in a RZR haha... I just was not expecting this thing to be this tippy is all. Not trying to piss in everyone's cheerios. I made the choice to sacrafice performance, and speed for a more rounded machine that could do work.

I think you guys have me all wrong. I am not expecting it to be a RZR, just wish it at least handled corners as well as our club car golf cart lol.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!