P1000 Does yours?

J

Jakey

May 30, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a good friend who rolled his on his side trying to cut a calf. Turned and accelerated and over it went. Quickly. This was in a P1k 3 eps non deluxe

P

pltuls

Oct 21, 2016
Liberal, KS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am sure it's the tires. My Wildcat couldnt drift for crap and it had over 100 hp. My cousins rzr drifted like crazy on his regular bighorns and that's how I knew it was the problem. If his top heavy rzr could drift and my low Wildcat couldn't it only makes sense. The 2.0s are so soft and lugs dig in and grip too hard. The regular bighorns have much bigger and fewer lugs and a harder compound. I will be burning my 2.0s off as fast as I can and swapping to originals. Plus the originals are a 6 ply instead of 4 like 2.0s

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I had no interest in a RZR haha... I just was not expecting this thing to be this tippy is all. Not trying to piss in everyone's cheerios. I made the choice to sacrafice performance, and speed for a more rounded machine that could do work.

I think you guys have me all wrong. I am not expecting it to be a RZR, just wish it at least handled corners as well as our club car golf cart lol.
Understand. It's hard to find a machine that does it all. Give it to at least the 200 mile mark before making a final decision.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I am sure it's the tires. My Wildcat couldnt drift for crap and it had over 100 hp. My cousins rzr drifted like crazy on his regular bighorns and that's how I knew it was the problem. If his top heavy rzr could drift and my low Wildcat couldn't it only makes sense. The 2.0s are so soft and lugs dig in and grip too hard. The regular bighorns have much bigger and fewer lugs and a harder compound. I will be burning my 2.0s off as fast as I can and swapping to originals. Plus the originals are a 6 ply instead of 4 like 2.0s

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Ya. I don't like the 2.0's myself. But I have them for now.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The tires seem pretty darn good through the mud so far for me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cutting half a foot out of the roll cage sure made ours more sportier lol handles lots better. As far spinning it around it has no problems with that! I think I could get it loose on anything but pavement. It does hookup pretty well though if you don't stay in it

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cutting half a foot out of the roll cage sure made ours more sportier lol handles lots better. As far spinning it around it has no problems with that! I think I could get it loose on anything but pavement. It does hookup pretty well though if you don't stay in it

I love your rig... been drooling over it for a few days now reading through your build, and now sweet doors!

advertisement
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've said it before it's not a "highperformance", slide thru the corners type of machine. It does everything well but it's certainly not the best at high speeds. I can look at a SxS and say, "that will be good" or "that will suck". The Honda looks top heavy the RZR does not.. IF you want to keep up with RZR's, buy a RZR. It's pretty simple logic. Me, I wanted a machine that was good around the farm and will operate well in the woods for my hunting and rock crawling/mud adventures... It was a no brainer and I made the right choice.

Last edited:
cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
... try to tip over while cornering quick? I know, I know... silly question when speeding lol. Truth is I'm surprised that it does not drift well at all. The Polaris Rangers at work at least drift, and are capable of spinning a doughtnut. This 1000-5 deluxe, wants to just roll over, and forget about trail riding with the guys that have RZR's and Mavericks and trying to keep up, with having to slow down so much for every little turn and curve. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice or not. I need it for property management, but I still like to play, which is why I went with the 1000cc Honda. I can't help but feel like the auto leveling is some how playing a part in not allowing it to drift any corners under any circumstances.

Anyone else experience this?

Just slow a bit! It's a great machine with no belt issues to worry about when out on a trail!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michigander

Michigander

Nov 13, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've said it before it's not a "highperformance", slide thru the corners type of machine. It does everything well but it's certainly not the best at high speeds. I can look at a SxS and say, "that will be good" or "that will suck". The Honda looks top heavy the RZR does not.. IF you want to keep up with RZR's, buy a RZR. It's pretty simple logic. Me, I wanted a machine that was good around the farm and will operate well in the woods for my hunting and rock crawling/mud adventures... It was a no brainer and I made the right choice.
Someone give this guy and award

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cschomber63
gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Like most said a little more time getting use to the machine and maybe different tires and you'll be a lot happier. It took me some getting use to power steering cause my first one didn't have it. I think in the end you'll be glad you didn't get a polaris. And you can always add wheel spacers to make it wider.

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Like most said a little more time getting use to the machine and maybe different tires and you'll be a lot happier. It took me some getting use to power steering cause my first one didn't have it. I think in the end you'll be glad you didn't get a polaris. And you can always add wheel spacers to make it wider.

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!