Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking for a good electronic dog collar for invisible fence. Not a bury underground unit. Was hoping for a gps collar but the one we just got doesn’t seem to work in our yard.
Our dog continues to dig under the fence no matter what. Figured someone here has something that works for them.

Reactions: TimG
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes sir! We have a pet safe at the cabin that makes a sphere circle up to 1/4 acre and it uses/comes with the dog collars like the buried line but this line isnt buried, its invisible. Works great.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We tried all that kind of stuff. Ended up installing 4 strands of electric wire. The hound dogs won't go through that. That's the best thing we ever did and wish we had done it from the start.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for a good electronic dog collar for invisible fence. Not a bury underground unit. Was hoping for a gps collar but the one we just got doesn’t seem to work in our yard.
Our dog continues to dig under the fence no matter what. Figured someone here has something that works for them.

Electric fence and push in stakes. I ran a wire 8” off the ground.

only took one nose to the wire. No more digging along the fence or building. Wire has been down for months and the dog won’t go anywhere near it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes sir! We have a pet safe at the cabin that makes a sphere circle up to 1/4 acre and it uses/comes with the dog collars like the buried line but this line isnt buried, its invisible. Works great.
View attachment 252080
Is it variable distance? Can that be placed outside

Reactions: TimG and Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is it variable distance? Can that be placed outside
Yes u can change the distance. We put it inside like near the door and it projects outside. You can set it outside if your camping but need 110. The mechanism isnt weatherproof. With it being inside its protected and makes the barrier outside.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV

I had the petsafe buried line setup. It didn't really work with my labs. They would chase something across the line not thinking about it in the heat of the moment and then be stuck on the other side waiting for me to get home and get them safely back across the line. The collars were expensive and my labs were very hard on them.
I ended up building a woven wire fence 2"x4" spacing wire in the back and a white picket fence in the front yard. That worked well until we got my son's dogs to watch when he sold his house recently. His one dog is a digger and dug under the picket fence 3 or 4 times. One strand of electric wire one the bottom of the fence about 8" up did the trick. No more escaped dogs.

Reactions: Remington
KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
We use the Pet Safe radio style. Puts out a 90’ circle, and can be adjust to smaller, 9’ is the max. Dog can go 15’ into the lake with the collar on, no problem. I know what your thinking. The unit we have has worked for 20 years and a few goldens. All you do is install a new battery in the color every 2-3 months. It will keep your dog in the yard, provided the dog understands electrocution.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!