Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We have
My wife and I adopted a Giant Airedale in Hurricane,UT He was three when we got him and knew commands in Spanish and it took me about two weeks to get him to understand English.

One day we were walking in an area that was undergoing some development in a very large park and I saw a Coyote as I crested a hill. Buddy had not seen it and I just turned around and walked the other way. We crested the next hill and and there was another Coyote about 30 yards away. Buddy and I saw him at the same time and he was gone. He had an overdrive gear I had never seen before. The Coyote just stood there and must not have realized that Buddy was coming for him. The Coyote started to run but it was too late. All 108 lbs of Giant Airedale had him down in a flash holding him by the throat. This was the only time he didn’t come when I called. After the third time I called, Buddy finally let the Coyote go and headed back towards me. The Coyote tried to nip him in the butt and Buddy got him down again in a flash. I had never heard a Coyote distress call before and it was such a loud screech I thought every Coyote in the state was on the way. I finally got Buddy to let him go and the Coyote took off screeching the other way.

Five minutes latter I talked to a park Ranger and told him about the Coyote and he said it happened every once in a while that he gets a call that a Coyote took off with someone’s little dog.

I‘ve had dogs in my life for all of my 72 years and Buddy was my favorite. I miss him every day.

I got Buddy to jump up on my baby brothers bunk at hunting camp and took the picture. I also bought the poster and hung it above his bunk.

View attachment 245301View attachment 245302 We have a Giant Airedale, She's an all weather pup when it's cold.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!