P700m4 Invisible fence dog collar interference

Miversluis

Miversluis

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2022
Croton,Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I feel like the worst dog dad ever, just figured out my dogs invisible fence collars, start zappin them once you give it some power. I’m guessing it’s a non resistor plug issue. Anyone else come across this? Now I know to just take their collars off before taking them out for a ride.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have never had that problem.My wife takes the dogs for a ride all the time in the car crosses the wire all the time.I would say your boundry wire is turned up to high.I did run into this once i wired to close to the house and the dog could not go to the outside wall in the wifes bathroom just had to turn it down some.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I feel like the worst dog dad ever, just figured out my dogs invisible fence collars, start zappin them once you give it some power. I’m guessing it’s a non resistor plug issue. Anyone else come across this? Now I know to just take their collars off before taking them out for a ride.
What type of fence system do u have? If its one of the cheeper ones like Pet Safe and the cheeper version of invisible fence, the electronics are cheep and electrical interference happens alot. I only know cuz Ive experienced this issue working in my barn with some tools and the dog acting weird. Contacted a guy from “Pet Stop” not Pet Safe, and he was quite knowledgeable with the systems. Saying that some components in the collar and control on those systems will get so called fooled with certain frequency's I upgraded to a better quality system with no issues now

Reactions: Buggyman
Miversluis

Miversluis

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2022
Croton,Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have never had that problem.My wife takes the dogs for a ride all the time in the car crosses the wire all the time.I would say your boundry wire is turned up to high.I did run into this once i wired to close to the house and the dog could not go to the outside wall in the wifes bathroom just had to turn it down some.
It’s not a boundary wire problem, it’s a taking the dogs for a ride down the trail problem. We found it by taking them for a ride this morning, and one of them crawling into the front seat with us, and not wanting to go back in the back. So we tried taking off their collars, held them and watched the lights on them, and sure as s***, as soon as you throttle up, it sets the collars off.

Miversluis

Miversluis

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2022
Croton,Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
What type of fence system do u have? If its one of the cheeper ones like Pet Safe and the cheeper version of invisible fence, the electronics are cheep and electrical interference happens alot. I only know cuz Ive experienced this issue working in my barn with some tools and the dog acting weird. Contacted a guy from “Pet Stop” not Pet Safe, and he was quite knowledgeable with the systems. Saying that some components in the collar and control on those systems will get so called fooled with certain frequency's I upgraded to a better quality system with no issues now
It’s a sportdog system, so that could be. But just taking the collars off, solves the problem. Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It’s a sportdog system,
There made by Pet Safe BTW.
I had that system at my cabin and for when I use to hunt with my labs. had alot of interference issues with it.
glad u figured it out. Good thing out mutts have short memories lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!