Talon Double Shear Brackets

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Got the Shear Stoppers Installed this morning, I think they are gonna do the Trick.
IMG 5578

Reactions: TripleB
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
They hit both brake caliper bolts.

only fit the talon R

Reactions: IDIOT
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
That's what I was wondering, if they just mount together, I don't see them doing anything.
They are bolted in 2 places to the hub, should theoretically make it stronger, time will tell i guess.

H

HondaTech

Are people bending or breaking those bolts? Or is it a "just cause" thing?

These brackets are suppose to be the other side of the hub that would make the radius rod joints "double shear" instead of single.

Double shear mean the joint is supported on both sides by the mount. The talon only has the hub on one side of the rod, making it single shear. Alot of other models have double shear points.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
These brackets are suppose to be the other side of the hub that would make the radius rod joints "double shear" instead of single.

Double shear mean the joint is supported on both sides by the mount. The talon only has the hub on one side of the rod, making it single shear. Alot of other models have double shear points.

I fully understand what double shear means. Thank you. :D

What my point is, if the bolts are strong enough, and properly tight, the double shear isn't really necessary.

Reactions: lee and JACKAL
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I purchased as set of these for my X from McNasty Customz. Theirs is also designed to protect the CV boot from behind.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
I purchased as set of these for my X from McNasty Customz. Theirs is also designed to protect the CV boot from behind.

but all they do is tie the two bolts together.

nothing to the brake caliper bolts.

Reactions: IDIOT
CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Where did you find them for the R ?

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
My bad, you said R not X. The McNasty's are for the X.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
They'll distribute the load so it is more shared with other single shear bolts. One pic of a broken hub was shared on facebook and then a handful of accessory companies rushed these things to market. Probably unnecessary, but doubt they'll hurt anything. One more thing to scoop up and carry mud around.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!