Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ready for WV in a few weeks. Was hoping to have a skid plate by then, but doesn’t look like I’ll be able to make that happen.

FF47C270 368A 45A3 BD1E 50637533615E
4FB04C23 B94E 4C66 8168 A9A53AC7FCC2
75711B31 C73A 4CC9 A9D0 FD8A695E0649

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Do you ride mostly in WVA?
Yea, occasionally local parks but most what is near by is just mud. Few parks i plan to do this year in NC, but problem is WV is only a little bit farther so its worth the extra drive. WV pretty much ruined everything else for me.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, occasionally local parks but most what is near by is just mud. Few parks i plan to do this year in NC, but problem is WV is only a little bit farther so its worth the extra drive. WV pretty much ruined everything else for me.
I understand, I am in similar situation as you in that I bought my P1K-5 for similar reasons and find that it is either just me or occasionally my son riding so looking at going to a talon in the future sometime. So i have been watching how you like yours and what you do to it.

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I understand, I am in similar situation as you in that I bought my P1K-5 for similar reasons and find that it is either just me or occasionally my son riding so looking at going to a talon in the future sometime. So i have been watching how you like yours and what you do to it.

in comparison to the pioneer I have no regrets with the switch. Haven’t had a time I wished I had the pioneer... yet. Love the seating and power on the trails. So much more fun to drive.

my only regret is not test driving an R. Part of me wishes I would have got an R over the X. The X has done everything I’ve asked and handles great. But the length and travel of the R would have been nice I’m sure.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I went from a family P1k to a talon X and do not regret it at all! For me I am glad I bought the X over the R. I spend most my trail riding in Tennessee and after the first weekend out with the X I said "Man I'm glad I got the X and not the R! Lol. To each there own but I like nibbleness of the X. And after wheels and tires it becomes wider but not too wide in opinion! You won't regret either one! The only perfect way is to buy both for different rides!!!:p

I am patiently waiting to hear how the 29" carnivores do for u! I want that on my stock wheels but really wanted them to be 30"!(

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went from a family P1k to a talon X and do not regret it at all! For me I am glad I bought the X over the R. I spend most my trail riding in Tennessee and after the first weekend out with the X I said "Man I'm glad I got the X and not the R! Lol. To each there own but I like nibbleness of the X. And after wheels and tires it becomes wider but not too wide in opinion! You won't regret either one! The only perfect way is to buy both for different rides!!!:p

I am patiently waiting to hear how the 29" carnivores do for u! I want that on my stock wheels but really wanted them to be 30"!(
I was disappointed in the height, but after the Bandit springs and tires im measuring 15" front and rear to bottom of the skid plate at the axles. Your right they each have their place. For WV i wish i had the R, but back home at my familys land trails are already tight so wanted narrow and nimble which is why i settled on the X. Wish the 64" X with the X turning radius had the R wheelbase and travel. Now that would be an awesome machine

Reactions: popeye and Hometeam
ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
I know what you mean about WV spoiling you. I'm in NC too. I can be up there from home in under 6 hours. I'm down east towards the coast. Every place I look at in our area is almost as far. I used to hit busco beach but that was in my 4 wheeling days. I like occaisonal mud just not busco mud. I've been wanting to try hollister it's only a couple of hours from me. Love my X so far. bumpers, winch and wheels and tires coming soon. I hope. Love yours by the way.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know what you mean about WV spoiling you. I'm in NC too. I can be up there from home in under 6 hours. I'm down east towards the coast. Every place I look at in our area is almost as far. I used to hit busco beach but that was in my 4 wheeling days. I like occaisonal mud just not busco mud. I've been wanting to try hollister it's only a couple of hours from me. Love my X so far. bumpers, winch and wheels and tires coming soon. I hope. Love yours by the way.
Yea i use to have a lot of fun at Busco back in my ATV days. Now the holes there will swallow what i use to ride. And damn i hate the busco mud. Deep creek isnt bad but didnt make it there last year. Hollister was fun but havent been back since they reopened. Im hoping to do some uwharrie and brown mountain this year. Let me know sometime and we can go ride

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
did brown mt. years ago. I didnt care for it back then. lots of dirt bikes but that was late 90s. I also did Roy taylors (weyahutta) in sylva back then. I did like that place but WV is just as close.Best trip ever was Portsmouth Island. We spent a week over there tent camping and riding up and down the beach.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
did brown mt. years ago. I didnt care for it back then. lots of dirt bikes but that was late 90s. I also did Roy taylors (weyahutta) in sylva back then. I did like that place but WV is just as close.Best trip ever was Portsmouth Island. We spent a week over there tent camping and riding up and down the beach.
Sounds like it’s come a long ways which I would expect. But still wouldn’t compare to WV or TN without the distance, destination riding, or length of trails.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Dragon you got that X looking good.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was hoping you'd give the full Packout plate a go. I think the large toolbox, cooler, and compact boxes combo will be a hit if that's what you use. Be sure to update us on here and the Share Your Storage Options thread.
Got my cooler in yesterday. My Compact storage that @Ragnar406 just got comes in today. Will post something once i get those both on. Going to need to see if I can get stuff from my ridgid boxes in the compact or if ill need to add another as well

Reactions: Ragnar406
ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
love the looks of the Milwaukee set up. Hurry up and put it together I may have to replace my tractor supply box. I'm looking at the JEI bed extender and don't think it will work with it.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
love the looks of the Milwaukee set up. Hurry up and put it together I may have to replace my tractor supply box. I'm looking at the JEI bed extender and don't think it will work with it.
Home Depot has only delivered part of my boxes, waiting on the rest (was supposed to be here yesterday) I think it should work well though as long as the locking latch holds up

Reactions: jasond
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got my second box. Like it a lot but might need one more that goes full length to get everything from my old boxes into these
4C308374 B797 4794 B64C 01AB7F6A862C

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got my second box. Like it a lot but might need one more that goes full length to get everything from my old boxes into theseView attachment 185507

Where'd you order through that already has the compact toolbox? I'm still impatiently waiting on mine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!