Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Or under the seat.
Well my bad for assuming it had to be under the hood like mine, lmao. But yeah you’re right, it can be wherever you’d like, I put mine under the hood for the highest spot away from creeks and mud holes.

Reactions: Caper and trigger
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Mini Add-A-Battery Kit - 65A - Blue Sea Systems

Monte.... Checkout the above link, this is what I used. Try Amazon thinking they might have it there, instructions come with the kit. I think if you look on their site it will have a schematic too. Here in Canada id guess cost wise for me just parts was on the order of $350-400. My rationale for duals is mine's a work machine and I drive in very remote areas, often alone, so getting back to the truck is a safety concern, (no cell service bla bla..). Duals are not for everyone, I also plow a bunch so it helps there too, if you can justify the cost it's a really good option. The other option is a larger battery mounted under the drivers seat. I'm saving that space for slide out drawer....

http://assets.bluesea.com/files/resources/instructions/980014350.pdf I used the Mini add a battery wiring schematic (scroll down on right) so that includes the isolator and main battery switch. Has worked flawlessly for a year now.

Sorry never did a write up on this as the schematic was pretty detailed, I used 4.0 welding cable iirc, guessing the cable is about 1.0 cm in diameter including insulation iirc, so pretty robust, also used solder on pellet ends. You heat up the ring end (propane torch) drop in pellet when it's molten plunge cable into end cup, they work great, then I slide over heat shrink tube and shrunk it on.
Cheers,

jrc
Holy crap another Canadian. There is Rustico , me and you. Haha. So PEI , NS and where are you. I thought about it but I don’t have a wack of stuff on my bike. A bar light, a 4000lb warn, which draws less than a 2500, and that’s it . For now. I was thinking I might get one of those small battery boosters. Just to have in the bike. In Cape Breton I can be a long way from anything. Haha . Nice to hear you jrc.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
You can still do that with the $10.00 Honda harness which will provide you with four key hot legs.
I think one is for winch one is for light one is for back up light and one is for horn. I used the winch and light. So nice to have two others. And it costs me I think about $60 up here. But we’ll worth it. And thank you everyone for the info. Don’t know if I need two but we’ll see.
Caper

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!