RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here are a couple pics of my setup..
View attachment 43711 View attachment 43712

I'm running a bussman bar for my ground..
Nice Setup, I will be doing mine on Friday the True isolator with the two meters and an extreme pc925 battery, my question is, I have a 2017 and it has a ground brought up from the motor, that ground that I have connected to the negative side of the winch solenoid. Can I also use that same ground that goes back to the engine for my negative connection on my extreme battery. I wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks for your help

J

JTW

Nice Setup, I will be doing mine on Friday the True isolator with the two meters and an extreme pc925 battery, my question is, I have a 2017 and it has a ground brought up from the motor, that ground that I have connected to the negative side of the winch solenoid. Can I also use that same ground that goes back to the engine for my negative connection on my extreme battery. I wanted to get your thoughts. Thanks for your help
I don't see why not... I'm not sure what gauge the factory ground is but you could always jump over to the stock battery or add another ground to the frame under the hood. I would run the winch ground to the second battery and then run your ground from the battery to the winch solenoid. I'm certainly no expert... but I asked a lot of questions, read a lot of posts and my s*** works! So take it for what it's worth! Lol..

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all of the help JTW. Ive got my isolator ordered, now need the fuse relay box. I was toying with the idea of a fuse box for each battery. One for accessories that will be used with the key off and one for accessories that will mainly used with the engine running. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all of the help JTW. Ive got my isolator ordered, now need the fuse relay box. I was toying with the idea of a fuse box for each battery. One for accessories that will be used with the key off and one for accessories that will mainly used with the engine running. Thoughts?

If your not running anything off the ignition that is high amperage you can Use one fuse box. You can run the ignition signal from the black and white wires under the Oem fuse block to a relay and run your load wires off the add on fuse block. Both circuits will be fused that way.

Reactions: JTW and Tigermark
J

JTW

There is no need.. one fuse box with all accessories ran off the second battery and the true battery isolator Is all you need. That eliminates any starting issues from accessories but you can still run accessories with power off.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Here are a couple pics of my setup..
View attachment 43711 View attachment 43712

I'm running a bussman bar for my ground..

Is that the 80amp stinger solenoid @JTW ?

Gotta add a solenoid to mine. Are you running a DPDT switch or just using key on power? Ive got the switch but not sure yet if i want to use it or just use the ACC power to activate the solenoid.

J

JTW

Is that the 80amp stinger solenoid @JTW ?

Gotta add a solenoid to mine. Are you running a DPDT switch or just using key on power? Ive got the switch but not sure yet if i want to use it or just use the ACC power to activate the solenoid.
Yes.. mine is on a switch. I considered accessory power but then the key has to be on if you're just listening to music or need some light. This works well for me.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes.. mine is on a switch. I considered accessory power but then the key has to be on if you're just listening to music or need some light. This works well for me.

when running the switch, im guessing you run from ACC and 2nd battery to the switch, then from the switch to the solenoid? I think with the switch i have ill need to use a jumper for that. good point about using it when its off. Have used lights for work on my 700 and didnt want it running

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What lightbar are you running? I am planning on getting one eventually but figured i could just relay it alone.

J

JTW

What lightbar are you running? I am planning on getting one eventually but figured i could just relay it alone.

Mine is just an Amazon 52".. around $100

J

JTW

when running the switch, im guessing you run from ACC and 2nd battery to the switch, then from the switch to the solenoid? I think with the switch i have ill need to use a jumper for that. good point about using it when its off. Have used lights for work on my 700 and didnt want it running
Yes.. exactly. My master switch is lit off accessory power and the rest are off the 2nd battery. The only thing the stock battery feeds is it and the stock battery voltmeter. This isolates the stock system as much as possible.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes.. exactly. My master switch is lit off accessory power and the rest are off the 2nd battery. The only thing the stock battery feeds is it and the stock battery voltmeter. This isolates the stock system as much as possible.

Went ahead and ordered the solenoid. Right now my stock battery only feeds the stock fuse box and the isolator. Will run power on the downstream side of my disconnect and from the ACC to the switch. I like the disconnect being able to kill power to everything after the 2nd battery for maintenance/ upgrades.

Reactions: JTW
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is just an Amazon 52".. around $100
Sorry to bug you cause its prob on here somewhere but what kinda amps does it draw. I guess i could throw a fluke loop on it when i get one just to see.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry to bug you cause its prob on here somewhere but what kinda amps does it draw. I guess i could throw a fluke loop on it when i get one just to see.

cant speak for JTW on his, but to figure out the amps, divide the watts by 12 (volts) so if its a 300W lightbar your looking at 25 amps. There are different options on amazon all the way to quad row 900W light bars. Most are around 300W

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

I went with this one, but cant comment on reliability or brightness while trail riding. I also didnt use the supplied wiring harness.

Amazon.com: 52 Inch Curved 4D LIGHT BAR 500W and 2PACK 18W 3 Inch Off Road Pods Mount Set with Wiring Harness Kit, for Jeep Wrangler Truck Boat ATV UTV Car: Automotive

IMG 80941

Reactions: Nipper
J

JTW

Exactly what dragon said... I questioned the accuracy of what they actually draw and put an amp meter on it.. 25.5 amps for a 300 watt 52" curved bar.

Reactions: Jshell3
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
cant speak for JTW on his, but to figure out the amps, divide the watts by 12 (volts) so if its a 300W lightbar your looking at 25 amps. There are different options on amazon all the way to quad row 900W light bars. Most are around 300W
Thanks!!!!

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So this brings up my question with searching for light bars on Amazon. I've seen a couple that are 900W, one even at 1080W. Can these huge amp draws 75A/90A respectively even be ran with a dual battery setup? I don't know how to figure out the max amperage a second aux battery setup could handle in total.

Or is something like that going to drain your system in a heartbeat and then the stock stator charging through a True Isolator never be able to keep it charged??

J

JTW

That's too much.. stator can't keep up and even with the larger under seat second battery setups you would be better off but it's just too much constant pull! Now, some of those are bs advertisements and nowhere near accurate!

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!