ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So this brings up my question with searching for light bars on Amazon. I've seen a couple that are 900W, one even at 1080W. Can these huge amp draws 75A/90A respectively even be ran with a dual battery setup? I don't know how to figure out the max amperage a second aux battery setup could handle in total.

Or is something like that going to drain your system in a heartbeat and then the stock stator charging through a True Isolator never be able to keep it charged??

Trying to play an NFL game next to a NCAA FB game and only use the 1080W light bar?

Too much draw, you might be plenty happy with a 240w bar

221ec807b286736102eae15764ee10db

P1000m5 - The Mistress

Reactions: joeymt33
DmaxHunter

DmaxHunter

Oct 7, 2016
Northern AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trying to play an NFL game next to a NCAA FB game and only use the 1080W light bar?

Too much draw, you might be plenty happy with a 240w bar

Haha, yeah I figured anything that large would be overkill, but since I've never seen an LED light bar in person to have a baseline on wattage, I wondered what something that bright would really look like. I've seen a lot of pictures on here of different light bars, but it's still hard to gauge sometimes, and since I hear the watt ratings provided can sometimes be fudged pretty good, figured more couldn't hurt. That is until it becomes too much of an amp draw and the system can't keep up.

Thanks for the video, that really helps. Looks like sticking around the 300W will suffice.

I am curious as heck what a 1080W would look like though now. Might have to order it someday just for the heck of it....

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went with the 500w and its bright, but not that much brighter than my old 240w was. If i could do it again I would have got a 300w. The extra 16amps isnt worth it IMO

Skyhawk85

Skyhawk85

May 16, 2017
Pulaski, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did your dad mount his Blue Sea fuse block? I bought the same one & I'm looking for ideas.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Just a little personal info on the LED light bars. The wattage and all is good info on how bright the light bar will be but a lot depends on the LED placement in the bar and the cone shapes. LED don't naturally throw light very well. They throw less well then a normal bulb. If you look at the head lights on a delux model you will notice that they have almost magnifiers built into them to help throw the light. Anyway I am a. If believer in you get what you pay for with LED lighting if you want a smooth far reaching light bar look at the ridged industry light bars. They are expensive but the light you get out them are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Just a little personal info on the LED light bars. The wattage and all is good info on how bright the light bar will be but a lot depends on the LED placement in the bar and the cone shapes. LED don't naturally throw light very well. They throw less well then a normal bulb. If you look at the head lights on a delux model you will notice that they have almost magnifiers built into them to help throw the light. Anyway I am a. If believer in you get what you pay for with LED lighting if you want a smooth far reaching light bar look at the ridged industry light bars. They are expensive but the light you get out them are awesome.

What's your bargain brand choice?

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I've ordered a few off Amazon that are not name brand just a good deal. I don't even know the name brand they are. As someone pointed out that if your trail riding you don't need light out very far. The ones I've ordered on Amazon work well and are by far cheaper honestly they all work well just don't throw a beam as far and as smooth as ridged.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: joeymt33 and JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Will the odyssey 925 fit as a replacement for the original stock battery?

I haven't tried it but it looks to be too big. You would need a different type of battery hold down even if it did fit in the cut out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!