Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Finally pulled the trigger ordering what I wanted in an enclosed trailer.

Cynergy Advanced 8.5' x 28' +2' V-nose with 8' interior height (not 6' 6" like standard)
7K torsion axles w/ self adjusting brakes
1 piece aluminum roof with semi-screw-less exterior

0.030 aluminum skin in Dove Grey vs 0.024 standard thickness
60" front door opening (Double 30" doors) So P500 or golf cart can go in/out front sideways
Bogey wheels to prevent scraping tail end on sharp inclines / ramps
30 Amp electrical package with 4 x 4' LED lights inside, 4 receptacles, 6 unused breakers in box
36" x36" Generator box with Exterior door & stainless slide-out tray
Rubber tread-plate on floor, ramp, & flap
25' of double row E-track on floors

This unit will be long enough for 2 - 4 seat Talons & a P500 sideways while keeping everything out of the elements and away from prying eyes. Can also serve as optional sleeping quarters / repair shop as I can now secure my Air Compressor, Welder, Press, etc inside to the walls. Have a Honda EU3000is generator to power the trailer and Lance 850 pickup camper already, so should be set for future HondaSXS rides around the country. Trailer will be done by end of July, so the Taylor Park Colorado trip will be it's maiden voyage this September.

Should look similar like this.
20190827 122245
20190827 122147

J

JTW

8.5' x 28' +2' V-nose with 8' interior height (not 6' 6" like standard)
Insulated walls & roof R15
0.40 aluminum skin in Dove Grey vs 0.22 or 0.24 standard thickness
60" front door opening (Double 30" doors) So P500 of golf cart can go in/out front sideways
30 Amp electrical package with 4 x 4' LED lights inside, 4 receptacles, 6 unused breakers in box

I will just paint the plywood walls bright white with latex paint once I get it vs pay $1200 for their white finish interior option.

This unit will be long enough for 2 - 4 seat Talons & a P500 sideways while keeping everything out of the elements and away from prying eyes. Can also serve as optional sleeping quarters / repair shop as I can now secure my Air Compressor, Welder, Press, etc inside to the walls. Have a Honda EU3000is generator to power the trailer and Lance 850 pickup camper already, so should be set for future HondaSXS rides around the country. Trailer will be done by end of July, so the Taylor Park Colorado trip will be it's maiden voyage this September.

View attachment 134291 View attachment 134292
Nice!! I like the setup!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Spaced apart axles on torsions, nice.
Should pull like a dream.

My only regret with my 17' is not getting windows.
Buddy at work had his enclosed trailer blow over one night in a storm.
If I was in mine and it landed on the door I would be stuck.
Probably will never happen but it makes me paranoid.
But I'm using mine as a tin tent where you are not.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

60" front door opening (Double 30" doors) So P500 of golf cart can go in/out front sideways

I will just paint the plywood walls bright white with latex paint once I get it vs pay $1200 for their white finish interior option.

VERY NICE! And you have the right truck to pull it!

J

JTW

Spaced apart axles on torsions, nice.
Should pull like a dream.

My only regret with my 17' is not getting windows.
Buddy at work had his enclosed trailer blow over one night in a storm.
If I was in mine and it landed on the door I would be stuck.
Probably will never happen but it makes me paranoid.
But I'm using mine as a tin tent where you are not.
Lol.. that’s a really good point actually

Of course you could just slip out the roof vent hole!:rolleyes:

J

JTW

Just curious your all’s thoughts.. but the guy at trailer world said the v nose trailers would actually pull harder than the flat front trailers due to the way the vortex changed. Granted, I was looking at the intech and sundowners that are flat front when he said it. But for those who have pulled both.. anything thoughts?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just curious your all’s thoughts.. but the guy at trailer world said the v nose trailers would actually pull harder than the flat front trailers due to the way the vortex changed. Granted, I was looking at the intech and sundowners that are flat front when he said it. But for those who have pulled both.. anything thoughts?
I'm always looking out for those vortexes! HA! Good point! What's the answer??

Reactions: JACKAL and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have tugged a little of everything over past 3 years ( & 450,000 miles), even new V nose Toyhaulers. In a dually I only notice the reduced mpg with flat nose trailers no difference in handling - however they are all empty enroute to dealers.

If a person is having sway issues, one or more of 4 things is going on:

1. The trailer is not 10-15% front heavy balanced, if you are pulling 10,000 lbs you better have 1000 to 1200 lbs weight on that ball at least. > provided the hitch and truck are capable and not overloaded.
2. the trailer is not sitting level when loaded and hooked up, a nose high setup is just asking to put yourself in the ditch (buy a proper drop hitch, top of ball should be approx 18-19" once connected and loaded) excessive nose down is bad too.
3. The trailer axles are not aligned properly - but should have tire wear issues bringing that the light quickly.
4. The tow vehicle is not properly matched to the load and / or has had suspension modified (3/4 ton owners w 6" lift yes I'm talking to you) and is squatting etc excessively thus affecting handling & trailer sway.

How do you know how much tounge weight is on your hitch? Weigh Safe

Cautionary note, just don't click this link and buy blindly, this is a 3" shank hitch rated for 21K bumper pull, only real truck need apply :D Yes they make smaller ones for you Chevy and Ram owners :p with regular 2" & 2.5" receivers (as pictured below) the 3" version scale goes to 2500 lbs tounge weight.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSFVQTR/?tag=sxsweb24-20

ZWS

J

JTW

I have tugged a little of everything over past 3 years, even new V nose Toyhaulers. In a dually I only notice the reduced mpg with flat nose trailers.

If a person is having sway issues, one or more of 4 things is going on:

1. The trailer is not 10-15% front heavy balanced, if you are pulling 10,000 lbs you better have 1000 to 1200 lbs weight on that ball at least. > provided the hitch and truck are capable and not overloaded.
2. the trailer is not sitting level when loaded and hooked up, a nose high setup is just asking to put yourself in the ditch (buy a proper drop hitch, top of ball should be approx 18-19" once connected and loaded) excessive nose down is bad too.
3. The trailer axles are not aligned properly - but should have tire wear issues bringing that the light quickly.
4. The tow vehicle is not properly matched to the load and / or has had suspension modified (3/4 ton owners w 6" lift yes I'm talking to you) and is squatting etc excessively thus affecting handling & trailer sway.

How do you know how much tounge weight is on your hitch? Weigh Safe

Cautionary note, just don't click this link and buy blindly, this is a 3" shank hitch rated for 21K bumper pull, only real truck need apply :D Yes they make smaller ones for you Chevy and Ram owners :p with regular 2" & 2.5" receivers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSFVQTR/?tag=sxsweb24-20

View attachment 134380
That’s what I would have figured on the nose profile... but his comment did raise some questions. I just figure it’s gunna be s***ty mileage regardless. But I’m thinking my truck camper/topper will help reduce the drag.

Reactions: sharp and JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That’s what I would have figured on the nose profile... but his comment did raise some questions. I just figure it’s gunna be s***ty mileage regardless. But I’m thinking my truck camper/topper will help reduce the drag.
Yeah, just a salesman trying to move what they have on the lot.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Reactions: TimG, sharp and JTW
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Sounds like a nice, top of the line trailer. What MAKE is it?

I must be confused on the outer skin, being .40 ....... that can't be 4/10" thick, is it?

Reactions: JACKAL and sharp
Leatherneck

Leatherneck

Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I read Jackal’s post very good details. I have taken the rig to a scale and had everything measured and weighed. The trailer wit both rigs in it with misc. gear weighs about 9500 lbs. I put my hitch weight at about 1000 lbs. everything is fine unless there is side winds or a big truck gets behind it or beside it. I also pull a 36’ camper that weighs out at about 14,000 with no issues but I use a weight distribution hitch with it. My tow pig is a 2500 Ram with 35” tires no lift.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Definitely full of s***.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!