P1000m5 Engine Overheat

ReillyFarrel

ReillyFarrel

Aug 2, 2020
Labrador, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I was plowing my driveway today and my engine temperature spiked up to max.. i shut the machine down and the coolant was bubbling inside the reservoir and heavy flowing out of the overflow... any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, I was plowing my driveway today and my engine temperature spiked up to max.. i shut the machine down and the coolant was bubbling inside the reservoir and heavy flowing out of the overflow... any ideas?

Was the fan running?
When mine overheated it was due to a small clump of dried up mud enabling the fan from spinning. In your case it might be a chunk of ice 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Mudwing
ReillyFarrel

ReillyFarrel

Aug 2, 2020
Labrador, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was the fan running?
When mine overheated it was due to a small clump of dried up mud enabling the fan from spinning. In your case it might be a chunk of ice

Fan is running yes!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you recently add a heater?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Fan is running yes!

But was the fan running when it overheated? If you cycled the key, the fan would probably come on making u think nothing is wrong with the fan. I overheated 1 time due to this problem. I had like 1100 miles on it before I ever happened.

ReillyFarrel

ReillyFarrel

Aug 2, 2020
Labrador, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But was the fan running when it overheated? If you cycled the key, the fan would probably come on making u think nothing is wrong with the fan. I overheated 1 time due to this problem. I had like 1100 miles on it before I ever happened.

I wouldn’t be able to say for sure if it was running, i’m running around the 1400 Kilometre mark right now..

I am going to top up the coolant tomorrow and try to simulate the problem again.

Reactions: TripleB
advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wouldn’t be able to say for sure if it was running, i’m running around the 1400 Kilometre mark right now..

I am going to top up the coolant tomorrow and try to simulate the problem again.

I've not had mine updated for the fan either. It's some kinda glitch. I read 2 years ago that if you don't pause with key and just go straight to starting the machine, the fan will come on like its supposed to. I've made sure I've done that ever since and I've not had a problem since. I'm at 7000 miles now. My friend has the same machine. I told him about not pausing a couple different times. 1 day on a ride with him, I watched him pause and then start. I never said anything cause I didn't wanna sound like his daddy. About 4 miles down the trail and he was boiling over because the fan wasn't running. He not had it happen since. It won't do it every time u pause. Sometime in 2019 they came out with a fix. Good luck.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Make sure you burp it before topping off, otherwise you'll have a air pocket in the lines.

ReillyFarrel

ReillyFarrel

Aug 2, 2020
Labrador, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've not had mine updated for the fan either. It's some kinda glitch. I read 2 years ago that if you don't pause with key and just go straight to starting the machine, the fan will come on like its supposed to. I've made sure I've done that ever since and I've not had a problem since. I'm at 7000 miles now. My friend has the same machine. I told him about not pausing a couple different times. 1 day on a ride with him, I watched him pause and then start. I never said anything cause I didn't wanna sound like his daddy. About 4 miles down the trail and he was boiling over because the fan wasn't running. He not had it happen since. It won't do it every time u pause. Sometime in 2019 they came out with a fix. Good luck.

I’ll keep this in mind from now on, thanks!

ReillyFarrel

ReillyFarrel

Aug 2, 2020
Labrador, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5

6bae2386bd14ed2f1604cb5d1d0aa70aWould this be ok to use as replacement coolant?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!