P700 EPS recall done + fuel pump. Now it dies when driving.

T

Trevorblank46

Jun 26, 2022
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2
I only operate mine in manual mode. It has died on me in first and second gear. Can't say for sure if it has died in third or not.

I am starting to wander if it this issue is somehow transmission related. It makes since, they never die in nutural. Is there some thermal protection in the transmission? I'm just running out of guesses here soon lol.

Good luck all. Happy 4th

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well, we can add another machine to this issue. 2020 P700-4 Deluxe. Just over 2000 miles. Never had any issues, then Saturda, after about 20 miles, it starting dying while running, just like everyone else has described. Will stay running if put into neutral, but one other thing no else mentioned, if I put it back in gear before a full stop, it has nearly no power. It’s like taking off in third gear.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
stealership told me they were done dealing with the machine as they were unable to replicate the problem. So I have an open case with Honda to look into it. Has everyone else called Honda to open cases for this yet? If not, please do, as the gal I talked to gave zero indication of a known issue.

866-784-1880

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
stealership told me they were done dealing with the machine as they were unable to replicate the problem. So I have an open case with Honda to look into it. Has everyone else called Honda to open cases for this yet? If not, please do, as the gal I talked to gave zero indication of a known issue.

866-784-1880
I have had three cases with honda so far.
The dealership keeps closing them.
"Unable to duplicate"
"Replaced battery"
"Found water in fuel"
"Found loose ground"
"Found corrosion on ground"
"Serviced machine"

Dealership told me the same thing.
Basically, don't bring it back unless you can duplicate the issue.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have had three cases with honda so far.
The dealership keeps closing them.
"Unable to duplicate"
"Replaced battery"
"Found water in fuel"
"Found loose ground"
"Found corrosion on ground"

"Serviced machine"
I get it. It’s hard to fix what you can’t see happening, but like I told them, the machine is worthless if you can’t rely on it to get you back home.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have never used it for what I bought it for.
Buying it is the Worse decision I've made in a long time.
I haven't read every post in this thread. (I probably have, but skim over everything due to it not pertaining to my machine)
Have you attempted any of the repairs that @DG Rider and other members have attempted?
These machines are not terribly complicated, and I find wrenching on them to be very relaxing. Even when chasing down the hidden gremlins.
If you want to build a case for your dealer. You need to start recording high quality videos of what is going on when it fails on you. Upload to youtube, be mindful of background music and profanities. Calmly explain what is happening, the enviroment you are in, how long it has been running etc. Be sure to record the instrument panel during restarts and stalling. If it stalls, and the IP is still displaying, grab a 30-45 second video to capture any codes that might be displayed.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I haven't read every post in this thread. (I probably have, but skim over everything due to it not pertaining to my machine)
Have you attempted any of the repairs that @DG Rider and other members have attempted?
These machines are not terribly complicated, and I find wrenching on them to be very relaxing. Even when chasing down the hidden gremlins.
If you want to build a case for your dealer. You need to start recording high quality videos of what is going on when it fails on you. Upload to youtube, be mindful of background music and profanities. Calmly explain what is happening, the enviroment you are in, how long it has been running etc. Be sure to record the instrument panel during restarts and stalling. If it stalls, and the IP is still displaying, grab a 30-45 second video to capture any codes that might be displayed.
Well put and very true.
Thank you

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I personally have not recorded anything, as this was a new problem for me, and I guess I was just being hopeful the dealership would work on it. So now, it is between the stealership and Honda currently. But, yes, when they don’t get it fixed, recording the problem will be my next step.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally have not recorded anything, as this was a new problem for me, and I guess I was just being hopeful the dealership would work on it. So now, it is between the stealership and Honda currently. But, yes, when they don’t get it fixed, recording the problem will be my next step.
Upload it and share it here as well. I know it is hard to capture the moment when it stalls, but if it continually stalls, please capture that as well.
There is so much information we can gain from the video.
Like if you are driving part throttle when it dies, there might end up being a rubbed wire in the harness somewhere going to your throttle body, and at that specific voltage, it jumps to ground and the PGM-FI/ECM kills the powertrain to protect itself.
I have 2 friends that have 17 700-4 machines. They both have stalled in the past while approaching obstacles. It hasn't continued enough for us to warrant digging into the machine. Neither have received any recalls if they exist for the 17 model year.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have recorded the issue.
It's uploaded to this thread.
Has been provided to dealership etc.
I had to take a break.
I've put over a 1000 miles on my truck hauling it back and forth & paid way too much money for "not covered by warranty" trouble shooting...

It might have a mysterious electrical fire and get claimed on homeowners...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have recorded the issue.
It's uploaded to this thread.
Has been provided to dealership etc.
On your next outing, if it fails, can you disconnect the EPS and attempt driving home?
I know you can't exactly disconnect your fuel pump and try to drive home.

I wonder if the new EPS unit is a higher draw on the system?

It may give us guidance on how to diagnose moving forward.

I will look thru this thread and watch your videos to see if anything stands out at me.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I may have posted this earlier. This is not my video, and as far as I know, it's no one on here, but this is what mine does...

They said in the description the dealer found a "ground somewhere behind the seat" and it's running great now

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
The good news, the service tech had the problem recreate with him test driving. the bad news, they don’t know what the problems is being caused by.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!