P700 EPS recall done + fuel pump. Now it dies when driving.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Holy s*** this is turned into a nightmare. I hope I get my machine back at some point. Now I have one dealership blaming another dealership for the work they did on fuel pump recall.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is yours doing the same thing as the video I posted?
Yes, but mine was letting me get to 35-40 MPH at times before doing that. No rhyme or reason what was causing mine to quit. 1,2,or 3rd gear, right at take off, after going 2 miles…The first dealership blamed it on oil being 1/2 quart low, or a broken attachment clip on the wiring harness from second dealership doing fuel pump recall. Now second dealer is replacing entire wiring harness

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes, but mine was letting me get to 35-40 MPH at times before doing that. No rhyme or reason what was causing mine to quit. 1,2,or 3rd gear, right at take off, after going 2 miles…The first dealership blamed it on oil being 1/2 quart low, or a broken attachment clip on the wiring harness from second dealership doing fuel pump recall. Now second dealer is replacing entire wiring harness
Keep us updated.

T

Trevorblank46

Jun 26, 2022
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks like your ECU / DISPLAY isn't rebooting. "Hello" etc. Leads me to think it's not the same issue.
It actually does do the reboot and says hello honda. Just not the best video of it. But I just watched it while zooming in on the video, you can see it the second time. Sorry for the shotty video skils. I'm sure it happen to me again. I'll get some better video

A

AUSXS

Dec 15, 2021
Australia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am in Australia too. It is a known issue at least with some dealers. Yours should ring around. Mine has not missed a beat for months now (touch wood). No engine cutout for months since the fix below. Plenty of slow work mustering sheep etc.
PCM was replaced. New wiring harness and a new dedicated earth installed separate to the wiring harness.
I think another dealer suggested the fix to my dealer

N

NRichardson

Nov 12, 2020
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I seemed to have solved the issue with mine. Cleaned up the main grounds and tried a friends brand new atv battery. It ran fine on a trip that it would have previously died on many times. I went ahead with a previous plan and installed a full size car battery under the drivers seat. Put an Interstate AGM group 24 battery in there. I have now been on 5 rides without issue that would have previously caused the rig to die many times. Problem solved in my book.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!