P700 EPS recall done + fuel pump. Now it dies when driving.

S

Snoday

Feb 16, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hey all,
I am having this problem also with my P700-2 Deluxe.
Do you think extra grounds will help? Or is it because the dealers are replacing the wiring harnesses and fix the problems.?

• Sad
Reactions: DG Rider
FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all,
Do you think extra grounds will help? Or is it because the dealers are replacing the wiring harnesses and fix the problems.?
After the extra grounds, I am still having the issue.

• Sad
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all,
Mine has not done it since I re-crimped the factory grounds and added extra grounds to the ecm.
After the extra grounds, I am still having the issue.
I know you ran an extra frame ground but Did you ever run the extra grounds to the ecm?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just got another person on FB with the issue, and I sent them here.

@Slackjaw you still have the machine?

@FlipKing any updates?

@HondaTech seen one of these yet?

Still not had another issue with mine.

Reactions: WagginTail
Ewan Whatarmy

Ewan Whatarmy

Jun 22, 2024
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a 2015 700-4 used with 6000km on it. Previous owner mentioned the stalling problem but he installed a second ground wire and claimed the problem was fixed. My first ride was 10 minutes before it stalled. It won’t start again after this happens but after 20-30 minutes when it’s cool it starts no problem. This is consistent - stalls when it gets warm then won’t start, let it cool, after 30 minutes it starts easily, and I’m fine for another 5-10 minutes or riding. Are you guys experiencing this or do I have a different problem? (Not sure about the dash lights - I’ll check that next weekend when I’m back at the lake where the 700-4 is).

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just bought a 2015 700-4 used with 6000km on it. Previous owner mentioned the stalling problem but he installed a second ground wire and claimed the problem was fixed. My first ride was 10 minutes before it stalled. It won’t start again after this happens but after 20-30 minutes when it’s cool it starts no problem. This is consistent - stalls when it gets warm then won’t start, let it cool, after 30 minutes it starts easily, and I’m fine for another 5-10 minutes or riding. Are you guys experiencing this or do I have a different problem? (Not sure about the dash lights - I’ll check that next weekend when I’m back at the lake where the 700-4 is).
Mine...as well as most of the others with this specific problem, seem to be able to start back up immediately. The dash reboot is the key. If you're not getting that, you have another issue.

Seems like what you've described is often down to a bad stator, which contains the crank position sensor.

Ewan Whatarmy

Ewan Whatarmy

Jun 22, 2024
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine...as well as most of the others with this specific problem, seem to be able to start back up immediately. The dash reboot is the key. If you're not getting that, you have another issue.

Seems like what you've described is often down to a bad stator, which contains the crank position sensor.
Thanks man, after reading additional posts I was coming to the same conclusion about the stator possibility. We be testing that next.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Faulty or out of spec fr/rr speed sensors ?

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Another person on FB with this issue, so I referred them here.

I spent a bit of time yesterday re-crimping the grounds in back. I also tapped into the three PCM grounds and ran separate wires to ground, effectively giving it 2 paths to ground.
I also want to add a good battery to chassis ground, as well go back and redo the crimps with some better quality terminals, as it seems like everything you can buy easily is cheap s***.

Don't know if it's placebo or not, but I'd swear the thing starts quicker now...
It's now been over 2 years since I did the above, and I have not had it happen since.

@Slackjaw are you still around? Ever get yours fixed?

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another person on FB with this issue, so I referred them here.

It's now been over 2 years since I did the above, and I have not had it happen since.

@Slackjaw are you still around? Ever get yours fixed?
@DG Rider are you pretty confident the added grounds fixed your issues? Any updates on this? My uncles 2021 P700 with about 1600 miles on it just started doing this a couple weeks ago.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@DG Rider are you pretty confident the added grounds fixed your issues? Any updates on this? My uncles 2021 P700 with about 1600 miles on it just started doing this a couple weeks ago.
It hasn't done it since.

Could do it 10 times next ride, but this is the longest stretch without issue since before it started. I wish I had kept track of the mileage better. I'm closing in on 6K now. Gotta be at least a few thousand miles since it's done it

If I were to start over, id do the extra grounds first.

@BobRack has said he had seen corrosion in a stator plug that was causing it. I did unplug those plugs while searching, but mine looked absolutely spotless.

Reactions: Buggyman

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It hasn't done it since.

Could do it 10 times next ride, but this is the longest stretch without issue since before it started. I wish I had kept track of the mileage better. I'm closing in on 6K now. Gotta be at least a few thousand miles since it's done it

If I were to start over, id do the extra grounds first.

@BobRack has said he had seen corrosion in a stator plug that was causing it. I did unplug those plugs while searching, but mine looked absolutely spotless.
Sounds good, I’m going to try the grounds next i think. I’ve been on the phone on and off with @BobRack! He’s been excellent help as well!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I added a ground on B10 on gray ecm connector to the frame ground. I have not done the other grounds (b13, b21,C5 or the battery to frame ground.) Mine is still doing it
Then why not try the other 2?

22_P1k5_IA

Sep 10, 2022
central
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then why not try the other 2?
I checked continuity on the ground between the plug and the grounds on the frame. B10 was intermittent on the ground. The other 2 never gave me any issue when it comes to continuity. But I’ll likely add the other grounds

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!