Fifth wheel towing options

3wtrod

Apr 14, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool, thank you for the information...:cool:
I have the Goosebox on a 2017 Columbus 5'er. It's 43' tip to tail. I tow with a SB 2015 F350. I absolutely love that hitch! Your right, it does free up the bed for other things. I have to use my Kubota with pallet forks to install/remove my hitch that fits the Ford puck system. Not with the Goosebox! Flip the ball, hook up and go! It rides so nice too! Money well spent! Pretty easy to install (especially with a tractor to lift and hold it in place.)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey Montecresto, did you ever make any changes to your hitch on your TH?

Just curious if you are still using a gooseneck adapter.

I’m seriously considering converting my Anderson ultimate hitch to a Reese goose box on the TH because I need some more bed space between the cab and the hitch for a kennel carrier.

Yes, I ended up getting a slider. Seems to be working well, but I do have to load and unload it in the truck with my tractor....😳

Reactions: Vikes79
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the Goosebox on a 2017 Columbus 5'er. It's 43' tip to tail. I tow with a SB 2015 F350. I absolutely love that hitch! Your right, it does free up the bed for other things. I have to use my Kubota with pallet forks to install/remove my hitch that fits the Ford puck system. Not with the Goosebox! Flip the ball, hook up and go! It rides so nice too! Money well spent! Pretty easy to install (especially with a tractor to lift and hold it in place.)
Yes, I liked that best too. But it let the camper get into the cab...😳

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, I ended up getting a slider. Seems to be working well, but I do have to load and unload it in the truck with my tractor....😳

Did you notice any changes in towing going to the slider, and have had to use the slider function yet?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did you notice any changes in towing going to the slider, and have had to use the slider function yet?
Yes, I have to use the slider function when I’m getting it out for use and putting it up. Everywhere else so far I just make broader turns.

I can feel the trailer working on the truck more.

Reactions: Vikes79
NFA_Fun

NFA_Fun

Aug 22, 2017
Pinetop, Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I currently have an auto sliding hitch and it works good. A few minor drawbacks but does allow me to tow my wide body with a short bed dually....can turn truck and trailer 90 degrees and have plenty of clearance

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!