Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I follow the idea that the hitch should not be the weak point. I would rather have excess capacity if the costs are similar.
That seems reasonable...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The head on the Companion mounts on Poly Bushings so yes there is some cushioning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I see, you’re using “companion” as the name of one of B&W’s hitches like the one I posted is called a patriot???

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Oh I see, you’re using “companion” as the name of one of B&W’s hitches like the one I posted is called a patriot???

Yes. If you follow the link it is to the Companion line of hitches from B&W

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Yes. If you follow the link it is to the Companion line of hitches from B&W

Got it, thanks.

Looks like the RVK3300 Companion is the one at 20K lbs.

Did you say that it will be compatible with the sidewinder??

Last edited:
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If the Patriot you linked to is, the Companion will be as well. The Sidewinder has some sort of a wedge that prevents the king pin from rotating at the normal spot.

On edit, I looked at the installation instructions for the sidewinder you liked to and it comes with the correct wedge for the B&W Companion hitch

Also, you don’t want the RVK3000, but you want the RVK3300. The 3000 mounts to the turnover ball mount and the 3300 mounts to your stock pucks

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Also, you don’t want the RVK3000, but you want the RVK3300. The 3000 mounts to the turnover ball mount and the 3300 mounts to your stock pucks

Indeed, I did post the 3300. Thanks for your help...:cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
If the Patriot you linked to is, the Companion will be as well.
Ok yes, the companion works with the sidewinder and I believe that’s the route I’ll go, but I just need to iron out the issue of proper height adjustment. For example, the Reese hitch I posted above is adjustable from 14”-18” whereas the Companion is adjustable from 16-3/4”-18-3/4”.

Sure wish that poster that mentioned he’s using a sidewinder would come back around...

I’ll be hooking up to my RV tomorrow to take it back where I store it and I’ll see if I can get the measurements for that then.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You have adjustments both at the hitch (including height and three positions front to back) as well as at least three height positions for the pin box (sidewinder) in the wings on the camper. You should have no issues whatsoever in getting the right height.

Reactions: Montecresto
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I read through some of this but not all of it so sorry if I am repeating anything. But I thought I would throw out there that I also have the Anderson Aluminum Ultimate 5th wheel and have zero complaints. It is lite and easy to use. My setup is a 2016 Ford F250 crew cab short bed pulling a 2017 Jayco 375 BHFS. I have airbags installed but didn't for the first few trips!! It does offset it a little to the back giving a little more room....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I read through some of this but not all of it so sorry if I am repeating anything. But I thought I would throw out there that I also have the Anderson Aluminum Ultimate 5th wheel and have zero complaints. It is lite and easy to use. My setup is a 2016 Ford F250 crew cab short bed pulling a 2017 Jayco 375 BHFS. I have airbags installed but didn't for the first few trips!! It does offset it a little to the back giving a little more room....
I assume that’s a fixed hitch? Do you know what pin box you have. Do you have a 5-1/2 or 6-3/4 bed? Might you happen to know the amount of that offset, and would you be willing and able to post pics? Thank you.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I assume that’s a fixed hitch? Do you know what pin box you have. Do you have a 5-1/2 or 6-3/4 bed? Might you happen to know the amount of that offset, and would you be willing and able to post pics? Thank you.

I don't have any pics on me right now but it is the same type of set up as in post #10 on this thread, I just have the aluminum version. As you see from that picture it looks like it moves back a couple inches. Then the attachment piece that goes on the camper 5th wheel mount can be rotated also....not sure if that makes sense or not but this link might help out.
Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection | Gooseneck Hitch for 5th Wheel Trailer

It really is a breeze to use and only weighs in at 35lbs, so it is lite to lift in and out of the truck. My brother also used this setup for his camper. My truck has a 6.5 ft bed.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Montecristo, the Anderson is what I used until I had to make an Emergency stop and discovered one weakness of an Aluminum bed in 2017+ Super Duty trucks. The ridges under the Anderson crushed and allowed the Anderson to rock and warp ....

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Montecristo, the Anderson is what I used until I had to make an Emergency stop and discovered one weakness of an Aluminum bed in 2017+ Super Duty trucks. The ridges under the Anderson crushed and allowed the Anderson to rock and warp ....

Missed you and Cam this year at the take over, hope to see you there next year!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4

Got it. The 3300 Companion with the sidewinder is what you prefer...

I’m going to check my measurements if it ever quits raining....:rolleyes:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I don't have any pics on me right now but it is the same type of set up as in post #10 on this thread, I just have the aluminum version. As you see from that picture it looks like it moves back a couple inches. Then the attachment piece that goes on the camper 5th wheel mount can be rotated also....not sure if that makes sense or not but this link might help out.
Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection | Gooseneck Hitch for 5th Wheel Trailer

It really is a breeze to use and only weighs in at 35lbs, so it is lite to lift in and out of the truck. My brother also used this setup for his camper. My truck has a 6.5 ft bed.
Thank you for the information and your opinion....:cool:

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
I’m here. I don’t have any issues hooking up with the sidewinder. At times the rotating turrant will want to stick..need to drop the hitch and grease it up so it rotated correctly. Also don’t over tighten the 4 bolts on top of the turant...if you do, it will not rotate correctly. Also make sure you get the correct wedge for the hitch you get (get the b&w over the Reese any day of the week imo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!