P1000 Finally

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The fact he somehow RUSTED out a STAINLESS steel muffler brings into question his claims. I ignore his comments now because I just can’t believe that much has gone that badly on one single machine.

I have personally watched people ride (abuse) these machines FAR harder than I would assume they are intended to be ridden and only had a few issues that they themselves admit to causing. (Clutch update aside)

I am not saying they can’t have a problem(s) but, with SO MANY MAJOR ISSUES on one machine, he either got one that before a factory worker quit; coated most surfaces with acid, didn’t use gaskets, ignored all tolerances, put diesel in the motor and oil in the gas tank, forgot to lube the sealed bearings in the transmission, didn’t chamfer the valves, then peppered the the thing with a shot gun for good measure or he’s damaged it by lack of maintenance or riding incapability.

There is no way one persons machine can be so poorly assembled and it make it off the production line.
Now you are getting my point! That's EXACTLY how my machine makes me feel! After I took apart my exhaust, I see it's not rusted out, the weld has torn away.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The fact he somehow RUSTED out a STAINLESS steel muffler brings into question his claims. I ignore his comments now because I just can’t believe that much has gone that badly on one single machine.

I have personally watched people ride (abuse) these machines FAR harder than I would assume they are intended to be ridden and only had a few issues that they themselves admit to causing. (Clutch update aside)

I am not saying they can’t have a problem(s) but, with SO MANY MAJOR ISSUES on one machine, he either got one that before a factory worker quit; coated most surfaces with acid, didn’t use gaskets, ignored all tolerances, put diesel in the motor and oil in the gas tank, forgot to lube the sealed bearings in the transmission, didn’t chamfer the valves, then peppered the the thing with a shot gun for good measure or he’s damaged it by lack of maintenance or riding incapability.

There is no way one persons machine can be so poorly assembled and it make it off the production line.

Didn’t “chamfer the valves” ***chuckles***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here are more pics of exhaust before I took it off. I didn't include them the first time because I didn't want to come off as a whiner but now that you are doubting my word...here ya go.
IMG 20180503 201236717 2
Screenshot 20180507 224748
IMG 20180503 201236717 2
Screenshot 20180507 224748
IMG 20180507 224413364

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Wanna trade machines?

Reactions: nbomar
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be sure you check your fluid levels. My transfer case wasn't on the dip stick. AND they charged me $600 for dealer prep (that means all profit).
When you take receipt of your machine they should walk you around the machine and instruct you on the workings and important stuff. The service manager at my dealer took the time to walk me through checking all fluids - in fact he checked them with me as we went through the machine. I would insist your dealer does this with you... I know your in a rush and want to get out to start riding but it is well worth the time. It was after closing on the Wed evening prior to Thanksgiving when I bought my Honda. One of the thigs that impressed me about the place is the fact that even though I just wanted to get my machine and get home and I know they just wanted to get out of there.. they stayed and I never felt rushed. The service manager walked me all through my Honda after closing with no indication of anything except patience to make sure I understood everything he was covering.

Landman

Landman

The Great Bearded One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When you take receipt of your machine they should walk you around the machine and instruct you on the workings and important stuff. The service manager at my dealer took the time to walk me through checking all fluids - in fact he checked them with me as we went through the machine. I would insist your dealer does this with you... I know your in a rush and want to get out to start riding but it is well worth the time. It was after closing on the Wed evening prior to Thanksgiving when I bought my Honda. One of the thigs that impressed me about the place is the fact that even though I just wanted to get my machine and get home and I know they just wanted to get out of there.. they stayed and I never felt rushed. The service manager walked me all through my Honda after closing with no indication of anything except patience to make sure I understood everything he was covering.
I picked mine up mid afternoon so it wasn't closing time but they did the same for me, going over everything, sometimes twice, and asking repeatedly if I had any questions. Plus, no prep fee and they still beat the price of the Honda shop in Springdale that was going to charge a prep fee.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It actually looks as if it's going to happen. Even gave them a healthy deposit to insure it's ready at open Friday morning. We will see. I have noted to the dealer all the mentioned concerns and they assure me It will be inspected and ready If it can go wrong it sure has been. Lol. I know I have asked a lot of questions on this site and I wanna say thanks to all who has patiently given advice and helped me with this journey. Oh by the way what size tires can I go to without lift. Bahahaha.

advertisement
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Who wants to come help with all the add ons that the wife says has to be done by sat morning?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
My dealer is way cool! After signing the paperwork, they let me hang out in the shop while they set mine up. I got to see the checklist being completed and see the important things being performed. They answered all my questions. This was with the head mechanic. Really cool, really personal!
I recommend at least going over the setup before you load up. There may be a line that says a full gas tank. Sometimes they “forget”.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It actually looks as if it's going to happen. Even gave them a healthy deposit to insure it's ready at open Friday morning. We will see. I have noted to the dealer all the mentioned concerns and they assure me It will be inspected and ready If it can go wrong it sure has been. Lol. I know I have asked a lot of questions on this site and I wanna say thanks to all who has patiently given advice and helped me with this journey. Oh by the way what size tires can I go to without lift. Bahahaha.
Props to all members who sometimes (like me) were brutally honest in the hopes that you were informed on what common factory oversights to look for and request that the dealer pay close attention to. The most satisfying part of owning my Honda is, far and away, this forum.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Should I go to a 10" wheel with 4" spacers just in case?
Ohhhh...4" spacers on any machine will impart a lot of leverage on your wheel bearings. Great mod but just be prepared to replace bearings more frequently.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!