Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
8BA62547 2F6A 41C8 8F64 DC78675D575E
Well today I pulled the trigger on a new gun purchase and layed it away today. ended up getting a browning x bolt stainless stalker carbon fiber in 300wm couldn’t pass up the great deal on such a beautiful gun. Here’s a link to the x bolt stainless stalker Browning X-Bolt Long Range Hunter Review | Gun Digest

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Anybody else own an x bolt? Or a browning bolt rifle in general this will be my first I’m a Remington/ ruger man. What’s the thoughts on them?

J

JTW

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
I can’t help on your second question... but I like it!
For what I paid for it I couldn’t pass it up wasn’t planning on another 300 wm especially with a 26” barrel really wanted something compact but couldn’t find what I was wanting but went into the local pawn shop that I usually deal with and there it was lol not a scratch or ding anywhere on it also comes with original box and a nice Nikon pro staff scope.

J

JTW

For what I paid for it I couldn’t pass it up wasn’t planning on another 300 wm especially with a 26” barrel really wanted something compact but couldn’t find what I was wanting but went into the local pawn shop that I usually deal with and there it was lol not a scratch or ding anywhere on it also comes with original box and a nice Nikon pro staff scope.
How many doll hairs?

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
All of the ones I’ve found on gunbroker and places like so are anywhere from 1300-1700 so I’d say I didn’t do bad lol I wanted a ruger compact in a bad way just couldn’t find what I was wanting at a decent price but my eyes are still looking out for one lol.

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, I didn’t think it was to bad of a deal defiantly didn’t wanna pass it up they just put it on display yesterday so figured I’d better put a down payment on it. Gonna see how it does with the Nikon if it’s not to bad I’ll leave it other wise I’m gonna spend a little money on good glass as I’m gonna make this my long range rifle. Now I really want a trip to elk country lol.

J

JTW

Thanks, I didn’t think it was to bad of a deal defiantly didn’t wanna pass it up they just put it on display yesterday so figured I’d better put a down payment on it. Gonna see how it does with the Nikon if it’s not to bad I’ll leave it other wise I’m gonna spend a little money on good glass as I’m gonna make this my long range rifle. Now I really want a trip to elk country lol.
What are you calling long range?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody else own an x bolt? Or a browning bolt rifle in general this will be my first I’m a Remington/ ruger man. What’s the thoughts on them?
The X-bolt is one hell of a rifle, I have an A-bolt and looking at buying a X-bolt hells canyon edition. But my priorities right now are all on operation P1K5D build.

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
What power is it?
It’s not much bigger than a 3x9-40 but I can’t remember for sure I was to much in awe at how beautiful the rifle was. My first thought was changing it anyways and getting a silver scope to match the gun.

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
I won’t know what it is until I make the final payment. Witch won’t be long ready to have it home and put some lead down range lol.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s not much bigger than a 3x9-40 but I can’t remember for sure I was to much in awe at how beautiful the rifle was. My first thought was changing it anyways and getting a silver scope to match the gun.
My coyote rifle is equipped with a 6.5-20x44 on it and I shoot out to 600 target shooting quite a bit. I normally have it dialed up to 16 at that range. The key is to get used to not using all of your available power. Also, if you upgrade scopes, look for a 30mm tube vs a 1”, they are better imo.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!