FL group ride

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me know when ya'll want to go on a ride. I have plenty of places to ride around here. Especially being hunting season is now over. Me and the fam bam are going on the Durhamtown trip and I can hardly contain my excitement. Osceola is really wet especially with the rain we've had lately. If you were to go ride the Osceola right now it would probably get your bread soggy if you brought sandwiches. I need to get everyone together for a Alapaha river ride. The river dries up on occasion, and people ride the river bottom. It has to be one of the coolest places I have ever rode. See below for a tease on how the river bottom looks. I'm down for whenever...

These are some pics and of the Alapaha. Real cool place!

View attachment 418186 View attachment 418187 View attachment 418188 View attachment 418189 View attachment 418190 View attachment 418191 View attachment 418192 View attachment 418193
Is that Ice?

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's everyone's thoughts on a mid March ride?

Was thinking of spending a few nights at Peace River Campground for spring break, but if anyone wants to get together somewhere else let me know. I'm down for a weekend ride anywhere, otherwise it's Peace River for us🤘
Peace river campground is on our list to checkout.

Reactions: JenElio
FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let's do April 19th - 21st. These dates would be better for me as well. Keep me posted on what ya'll have in mind. Maybe by that time, I'll have a better eye on the river levels. The more the merrier.
Would we be camping and riding from camp, or driving up for the day? I’m set up to camp in your yard! Boondocking for the win! Don’t mind my generator!

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Let's do April 19th - 21st. These dates would be better for me as well. Keep me posted on what ya'll have in mind. Maybe by that time, I'll have a better eye on the river levels. The more the merrier.
These dates work for us. We will stay in Perry at the Days inn.

Reactions: FL_CrackerLife
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Would we be camping and riding from camp, or driving up for the day? I’m set up to camp in your yard! Boondocking for the win! Don’t mind my generator!
The koa is in Perry, the forest is roughly 40 minutes from there.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I think the forest in Crawfordville, Fl. would be our best bet. The river fluctuates so much with the spring showers that I'd hate for everyone to come from all around only for the springs to be backed up. The forest atleast offers a good solid day of riding with mixed terrain. No rocks really, but a mix of mud, sand, roots and stuff. I enjoy riding over there. It's not really all that fun unless you go with a crew of atleast 3. There is a good bit of acreage there. It's not hard for every tree to look the same. You get in some of those pine stands in that place, you feel like an ant.

I'm down for whatever ya'll want to do though... I wish I could take you all to the Alapaha but its fluctuation level is much harder to judge. Hopefully @Average_Joe will chime in with his thoughts. He's basically knows all of the places I ride and his insight will help.
I wished we could do the loops we used to ride, shired island, hickory mound, shady Grove up to camp cherry lake.

The forest would be the best mix riding, the track with berms is fun for the sport machines or p500's, the creek to cool off and plenty of riding up that way. I still want to map out more areas.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well, I'm out for the weekend of the 19-21st also..........wife just told me we have competition those dates too🤦‍♂️🙄🤬

I give up 🤷‍♂️

FL_CrackerLife

FL_CrackerLife

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2017
Lecanto, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I'm out for the weekend of the 19-21st also..........wife just told me we have competition those dates too🤦‍♂️🙄🤬

I give up 🤷‍♂️
Are y’all gonna make it out for takeover?

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Dang @JenElio I hate ya'll can't make it, but I understand completely. @FL_CrackerLife yeah bud that was ice. I talked them into going and riding on a cold windy December day last year. The temp had dropped down to the 20's the night before. Told them we would go ride in the river bottom to stay out the wind was my selling point. Made for a neat experience that we don't see much here in Florida. Crunching ice with your SXS, while listening to Chris Stapleton, in a river bottom. I'd let you all stay in my yard if I could, but my blue heeler doesn't take to strangers. It normally takes a few meetings before he warms up to you. Consider your kids herded.

The KOA is a nice place and it's .02 miles from the Holiday Inn. @Average_Joe I wish we could make those rides again too. They don't play about that Federal land though. We could try what we did last time and ride in the forest on Saturday, then ride in Steinhatchee on Sunday. That'll help the people that come from S. Florida to be closer to home. Maybe could hit Hickory Mound on way home from forest. I honestly don't care where we go. I'm just looking forward to a good ride with good friends. I know the forest wouldn't limit us on space. River is high and springs are backed up, as of now. As it gets closer to time and we get more women involved I'm sure we'll get some kind of agenda.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Didnt know you could ride in Hickory Mound. Used to bow hunt there years ago and then hop over to Aucilla during gun

Reactions: futzin
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Yeah @osobad but it's not that much to ride. Could probably see the whole place in an hour or 2. Now there used to be so much more riding in there. People dumping tires, refrigerators, and car batteries is what closed it up, I'm sure.

• Angry
Reactions: Red500 and osobad
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah @osobad but it's not that much to ride. Could probably see the whole place in an hour or 2. Now there used to be so much more riding in there. People dumping tires, refrigerators, and car batteries is what closed it up, I'm sure.
Yea it really pisses me off when people have to act like that.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Same, people dumping trash are getting a lot of areas shut down. My sister lives near MOAB and she was telling me trails out there are getting closed due to trash. It's infuriating.

Reactions: osobad and JenElio
Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How was Ocala north? I would have went out if my truck and krx didn't both need oil changes. One bonus to the krx maintenance is easy, fluids don't make a mess in the skids.
It was a nice ride. plenty of people but I stuck to the yellow trail so no head on collisions this time, lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!