P500 For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield

D

DeanS

Jun 15, 2019
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
That would put the list at six. Still need a few more and I'll do it.
I rode today and it was 94, heat index over 100. I noticed it and the wife confirmed that there was more heat coming from the front than the back. This thing definitely works. ;)
I'll take one please contact me to let me know the details.

Reactions: trigger
S

Stevenssw

Feb 12, 2019
MI
Ownership

1. 500
I've put you on the list and that makes 10. Two more and I'll get cutting, just check this thread occasionally.
Maybe this mod isn't dead after all? :)

Count me in if you are still making them. Let me know the details of ordering one.

Slayer

Slayer

Jul 3, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
So.....don't want to read all 23 pages of the post, but just bought a p500 and surprised at how noisy the shifting is....does the shield reduce that alot?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So.....don't want to read all 23 pages of the post, but just bought a p500 and surprised at how noisy the shifting is....does the shield reduce that alot?

TriggerShield is definitely worth the price of admission imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigger and Slayer
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yes, nothing gets rid of it but the shield helps a lot. Also reduces the heat you're going to experience coming up from the seat belt latch area.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@trigger, Seat belt heat is good for me in winter. Ever thought about including a scrap piece in the order for a DIY oversized flap at the seat belt area if a hole is cut for winter heat? Noise reduction year round is good.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger, Seat belt heat is good for me in winter. Ever thought about including a scrap piece in the order for a DIY oversized flap at the seat belt area if a hole is cut for winter heat? Noise reduction year round is good.

Could probably just cut it and fold it back, would leave a cut though? Good idea, I do have a bunch of scrap now... maybe I should start throwing the cut offs in the box? ;)

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Just now catching up with this. How much is the shield? I may be interested in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Could probably just cut it and fold it back, would leave a cut though? Good idea, I do have a bunch of scrap now... maybe I should start throwing the cut offs in the box? ;)
Guess a taped seam would work also. In washing the machine today, noticed how it has now nicely settled into the shape of the base over time. So much better than the fabric one I tried first.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Guess a taped seam would work also. In washing the machine today, noticed how it has now nicely settled into the shape of the base over time. So much better than the fabric one I tried first.

It does take shape after a while and just settle into a happy place. That's when I started fine tuning the cuts a little more, which eventually became the pattern. I've never been able to see how it settles in someone else's machine, can't be too far off but I was shooting for perfect? ;)

N

NHpioneer500

Sep 5, 2018
Hillsborough, NH
Ownership

1. 500
Count me in for 1.. I was out this past weekend and the heat is insane and the noise is crazy loud. I installed the mtx overhead radio for a Polaris ace that someone recommended and had to have the volume at 42 to hear it over the noise.

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Count me in for 1.. I was out this past weekend and the heat is insane and the noise is crazy loud. I installed the mtx overhead radio for a Polaris ace that someone recommended and had to have the volume at 42 to hear it over the noise.

Cool! That's the one more I've been waiting for. You're on the list so keep an eye out for a PM. Now I just need to get the rubber and start cutting again.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

You can easily hear your MTX in the mid 20's volume range after the Trigger Shield install ;)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!