tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Just a little something I added to the Trigger shield , not that it needed it , everything fits and works fine without these!!!!

I took a few pieces of thin wall drain pipe and removed a section out of it , so I could use them as clamps , to secure the rubber that folds over the cross bar in the back. I didn't want to zip tie them so I came up with this idea........ I made up 4 of these!

View attachment 124400 View attachment 124401
1.25" ABS pipe is perfect for this; it is black and not as brittle as PVC. Unfortunately it does not seem to be available in the USA (...only in Canada, pity). I am hoping that @trigger will have some in a month or so.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
There's a lot of these out there now and I knew this day would come, I have 6 left and 2 of them have pay requests pending. To buy another roll is expensive, hard to handle and a boat load of rubber. I would need a decent list just to break even on the roll and I really don't want to get stuck with all that rubber in the garage either. Difficult to judge how much more demand there will be? Hate to do it but might have to bump the price to assume the risk? Thoughts? o_O

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's a lot of these out there now and I knew this day would come, I have 6 left and 2 of them have pay requests pending. To buy another roll is expensive, hard to handle and a boat load of rubber. I would need a decent list just to break even on the roll and I really don't want to get stuck with all that rubber in the garage either. Difficult to judge how much more demand there will be? Hate to do it but might have to bump the price to assume the risk? Thoughts? o_O
They will continue to sell. I'd bet @Chooglin has had the same thought with his glove boxes, but they continue to sell.
Might be worth your time to do a FB account for the product and sell there as well?

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
........but might have to bump the price to assume the risk? Thoughts? o_O
You are running a business. Your first priority should be to ensure you make a profit
They are 50% higher for Canadian customers (due to postal rates). Has that higher price decreased sales there? ( I would guess that US should account for 90% of your sales)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Didn't really intend for it to become a business, was mainly to help some brothers out. Kind of turned into one though. I know a couple of guys have posted it on FB but directing them to come here, I was hoping it might spur some more members and traffic for the forum. Not too concerned about profit, more about recouping the cost. I know the postal service wants me to keep making them! :mad:

C

Chooglin

They will continue to sell. I'd bet @Chooglin has had the same thought with his glove boxes, but they continue to sell.
Might be worth your time to do a FB account for the product and sell there as well?
You are exactly right , I would have never thought I would be selling these 2 1/2 years later.

As much as I hate Facebook, it is a good place to sell a product!!

C

Chooglin

Nothing wrong with helping folks out and making a profit!!!!!! Raise the price and continue selling them.

RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

Bump the price! People will sill buy them if they want the product!! And people are still buying P5's every day. Oh and ya might have to buy a new P5 if they change the design at all for the upcoming models!! :-] Cost of running a business I guess!!!

Reactions: trigger
Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Finally put the shield to work yesterday - excellent :):)- found a few big spring snow melt water filled holes on the trail and hit them with a bit of speed - no more steamed (scalded) right butt cheek or hip! Now if someone would come up with a way to keep the blackflies down to a dull roar life in the bush would be wonderful. At this point I have to wear a headnet while cutting my lawn :(:eek:. Thanks Trigger.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finally put the shield to work yesterday - excellent :):)- found a few big spring snow melt water filled holes on the trail and hit them with a bit of speed - no more steamed (scalded) right butt cheek or hip! Now if someone would come up with a way to keep the blackflies down to a dull roar life in the bush would be wonderful. At this point I have to wear a headnet while cutting my lawn :(:eek:. Thanks Trigger.

That's awesome! Glad you like it and thanks for the review. :)

C

Chuckerbird

Lifetime Member
May 26, 2017
Battle Mountain, NV.
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger,
Finally got to use my p500 after installing the heat shield. I used my drag to smooth out the road to my neighbors house. Noticable quieter and cooler. I should have got one sooner. Thanks again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!